S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Aggressive Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Aggressive Skating Forum Discussions about any topic related to vert skating, skatepark tricks, aggressive street skating, action sports events, and the aggressive skating lifestyle.

Old August 1st, 2014, 07:00 AM   #1
LeslieP

Default Beginner Skater

I'm a beginner at inline skating and I can only do the basics. (can't skate backwards yet) Is it okay if i jump in to aggressive inline skating even though I'm still a beginner? Gonna buy a new skate soon and planning to buy an aggressive skate so I won't have have to buy a separate skate in the future.
LeslieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2014, 10:18 AM   #2
bhree
Amateur Potholes Dodger

Surprising no answer yet, but I don't see why you can't directly into aggressive. A small suggestion that you should build ankle strength before doing higher jumps. Skate alot to build muscle and confidence then next will up to you. Actually today aggressive skates support what called UFS, it means you don't have to buy separate skates, just buy additional pair of powerblading frames with bigger wheels and use it when you want some fitness and distance skating. For grind a rail you can back to aggresive frames.
bhree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2014, 02:35 PM   #3
Mort
Sk8 Ninja

There no problem with going to aggressives right off the bat. You may actually find it a lot easier to learn on them since their stance is so low to the ground.

What skates are you on right now? What were you looking at getting? Foot2big could help you out on aggressive inline advice. Thats his world.

My suggestion is ladder drills for footwork skill. Footwork skill turns into skating skills pretty easily.

My daughter wanted to do football and I took her to conditioning, I saw them get the ladders out and thought to myself "oh SHI-!", until she went through them and just flat out rocked the boys. It was crazy how fast she could run the ladder. BUT we had been skating for about a year and a half by that point, multiple times a week doing odd footwork and she worked with a friend from our rink doing jam skills and jamming footwork.

The kids on her team occasionally come skating, and the ones who did bad at ladder drills dont do well at skating either. - overall lack of foot coordination is what it comes down to.
Old August 2nd, 2014, 09:55 AM   #4
Oicusk82huh

I'd say HELL'S YEAH! Jump in, you'll love it. It hones your skills big time. Wear pads and helmet and go crazy. Do you have any skating history at all? Roller skating, ice skating, inline, skiing, snowboarding (these all have similar balance). Once again I'd like to stress PADS AND HELMET!!! I started out by skating aggressive and never regretted it. Get the right gear and go for it.
Oicusk82huh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2014, 03:37 PM   #5
Foot2big
The Elder Skatesman

YES!!!

Pads and helmet.