S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | SkateLog.com | Email    

Home

*** The SkateLog Forum is Moving to SkateDebate Dot Com ***
(select above link for more information)

How To Get a User Account in the New SkateDebate Forum
(new home of the SkateLog Forum)

How To Get a User Account in the SkateLog Forum
(Note: this forum is going off-line in June of 2020)

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Artistic Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Artistic Skating Forum Discussions about any topic related to artistic roller skating including quad artistic skating, inline figure skating, pairs, dance, synchronized skating, and show skating.

Old June 10th, 2019, 02:19 PM   #1
pastskater
Tommy's Pastskater

Question Regionals and Nationals USA

So, I had to ask if anyone has dates and times for 2019 calendar of events?

I would like also to ask, if any live streaming is being done, please could you post link here.
Old June 10th, 2019, 08:43 PM   #2
emtdpf

Default Nationals schedule

try here
https://www.teamusa.org/usa-roller-s...-championships
emtdpf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2019, 12:02 PM   #3
rwsz

Quote:
Originally Posted by emtdpf View Post
thanks appreciate it
Old June 30th, 2019, 10:37 PM   #4
pastskater
Tommy's Pastskater

Smile

Thank You!

I've been so busy, but trying to find time.
Old September 30th, 2019, 06:35 PM   #5
larryoracing

Smile Let's go skating...lol!

I know you like to skate Freestyle...would love to see you skate...I think I'm going to try it this year...I'm 65
larryoracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2019, 10:52 AM   #6
rwsz

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryoracing View Post
I know you like to skate Freestyle...would love to see you skate...I think I'm going to try it this year...I'm 65
gonna try again,,,,good luck have fun
Old October 10th, 2019, 08:49 AM   #7
larryoracing

Smile Yep had my first lesson last week.

It went well..so this week I just practiced all my single rotation jumps and upright spins...time to try again...lol!
Old October 19th, 2019, 10:48 AM   #8
rwsz

Quote:
It went well..so this week I just practiced all my single rotation jumps and upright spins...time to try again...lol!
have fun and good luck, u will get the doubles back, at least some of them lol
Old October 19th, 2019, 08:22 PM   #9
larryoracing

Smile I appreciate that rick..not to many people really think I can do it.

Lots of the previous skaters who have done this already have offered up phone number to talk to me..haven't called them yet, but when I need help I will...

My goal for this year is a axel, double mapes and toe wally and OF Camel..If I can do that then that is the best I can do this year..if I get any of those items I will post..I did get two revolutions on a OF camel last week..it's funny about that spin.if you pop it just right you can get on edge...just don't have enough control to do it..but I know I am close..i will keep you informed and God Bless you. maybe next year you can see me on the net..they did do a good job this year for the world to see.. coach was sick this week but I will get another lesson next week.
Old October 20th, 2019, 01:12 AM   #10
ursle
Street Skater

There's no like (good luck) icon, so, break a leg,
ursle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2019, 07:08 AM   #11
zebra1922

Quote:
I would do that, unfortunately I canít actually do any single rotation jumps or upright spins!

Still very much work in progress.....
zebra1922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2019, 07:14 AM   #12
larryoracing

Smile check out this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lix3XC-FdD0&t=37shttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lix3XC-FdD0&t=37s

Click on link to learn your jumps and spins 1-2

https://youtu.be/_BvozuPKKkM?t=1716

click on second link for second part of video seminar on how to jump and spin

And good luck..see you soon
Old December 28th, 2019, 02:52 AM   #13
pastskater
Tommy's Pastskater

Question

Hi Larry and Rick,

So, I just watched a bit of the video, and have to ask, as the commentator was mentioning that the freestyle was not limited, (during Tim M skating his National's routine) such as Dance and Figures. Isn't it now a different ball field our Freestyle skaters are skating on with World level?

I remember hearing that there's a certain amount of jumps as well combos and required footwork to be done.

Old December 28th, 2019, 11:25 AM   #14
rwsz

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastskater View Post
Hi Larry and Rick,

So, I just watched a bit of the video, and have to ask, as the commentator was mentioning that the freestyle was not limited, (during Tim M skating his National's routine) such as Dance and Figures. Isn't it now a different ball field our Freestyle skaters are skating on with World level?

I remember hearing that there's a certain amount of jumps as well combos and required footwork to be done.

the rules seem to be changing every year in freestyle, limit to number of same jump, must do certain spins, footwork is different every year,,,,etc,,,,we haven't done well in the last 10 to 15 years in freestyle as we use to do. the rest of the world became more competitive and train more and have more time and some say money, not sure about that, I guess Italy supports their skaters the most.
Old January 1st, 2020, 11:46 AM   #15
larryoracing

Talking Some very good skaters and past world champions have said

they could not win if they had to skate by the new rules...
I think one could adapt to the new rules if they wanted to, but maybe not.
I think countries like Italy are dedicated to the sport..but by the same token I have seen one skater from another country..Brazil and I don't think she could compete at the world level. I was told by my coach that even if you have a triple you will not get credit for it if it doesn't look like a triple...I guess she meant it was in bad form, or possibly cheated like in ice skating...if you under rotate you get no score and I think in Ice skating you cannot repeat a jump..but maybe put that same jump in combo and then it would count as a different jump..also it appear that your routine is submitted to the judges before hand...maybe like ice skating..so you already have a top score planned out by the judges..hence the judges already know if you are a front runner...
Personally what very little I have seen on you tube...my feeling is that guy that won roller skating worlds in Mens top division had 4 quads..like the guys in Ice skating and that is the level one should shoot for if you want to be the best in roller skating at the highest level.....certain jumps and spins and spins are getting very technical....like a Lutz jump..I was told if you rock off the edge you get zero score and might even be deducted????...maybe if you rock off you have done a flip and if you have already done a flip then you might get a negative score....points taken away...I will be quite honest ...I was watching a very talented begginer roller skater the other day..very young and maybe in her first year of skating..I heard she came from ice and was turning on her single mapes...i.e. ...cheating..I felt very sorry for her....not only is she learning the right way, but she may never ever be able to not cheat when she finally figures out she's cheating..skating is about the basics and somehow....some people just don't understand the meaning of doing the basics of skating correctly.being square at take off, getting height and landing on the same edge you started the jump off and not hooking the landing...I'm sure some skaters are doing the spins and jumps correctly....for instance I just learned the other day that a sit spin, is where your butt is lover than you knee....very few people do that and many skaters of the past never ever completed three revolution to be counted as a spin....look it up in the rule book...so you don't get credit for a spin if you don't complete three complete revolutions...I have learned basic turn figures and basic edges in dance are a essential for good freestyle performance and technicality...I could see someone trying to execute a certain required turn in their footwork and not do it correctly ..hence you get a zero score or very little score and maybe if you did it back enough it would not even be called the figure turn they required.....I read an article in Skating Review magazine back around 1947 issue date and they said figures and dance moves are the basics to a freestyle routine..if you are not doing that..why even skate your freestyle routine..you don't even have the basics...then after getting good figures and turns and good dance moves ..you blend your jumps and spins into a pairs, freestyle routine..my interprotation of the article...and back then they said you don't let go of your partner and only break to spin and jump and then reattach....they also said pairs is not a bunch of power lift moves???? and if both skaters get so far apart that one judge cannot see both skaters at the same time..."field of view"..then that pairs skating team in in bad form..they said pairs skating is not "tandem" skating..but anyway some thought to think about when you teach new skater to do freestyle or pairs.??? And God Bless everybody and good health..the main reason I got back into skating at 63 years old was not to compete but do get stronger and healthier so I could live to be older and be in good health.....