S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | SkateLog.com | Email    

Home

*** The SkateLog Forum is Moving to SkateDebate Dot Com ***
(select above link for more information)

How To Get a User Account in the New SkateDebate Forum
(new home of the SkateLog Forum)

How To Get a User Account in the SkateLog Forum
(Note: this forum is going off-line in June of 2020)

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Slalom Cone Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Slalom Cone Skating Forum Discussions about slalom cone skating, high-jump, and other freestyle trick skating. (Note that vert, street, and park skating discussions should be posted in our aggressive skating forum.)

Old May 1st, 2015, 05:04 PM   #1
uniglider

Default Powerslide Hardcore Evo 2.0 2015 (or earlier version)

What are your opinions on this skate? Pro, Cons?
Is this a good all around skate for street, freestyle and slalom?
uniglider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2015, 05:26 AM   #2
kev0

it's a solid skate with its own fanbase.

powerslides top model (?) for freestyle skating and most people either get these or seba trix/ksj/igors as an upgrade to a previous skate.

i wouldn't class these as worse or better as the top-end seba skates (seba just exceeds at marketing and media i suppose), and i know plenty of people who are extremely happy at these. i feel like the biggest difference between the boots (other than the feel/comfort) is the front-back flex at the ankles.
kev0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2015, 01:10 PM   #3
uniglider

Default input

Thanks for the input
uniglider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2015, 07:23 PM   #4
Guimello

Default What about sizing?

Does any of you have ever tried them on ?
Do you know if they're bigger or smaller than Seba High Light ( at the same size number ) ?
Guimello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2015, 01:25 PM   #5
carlosesantos
Freestyle slalommer

Default Guilherme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guimello View Post
Does any of you have ever tried them on ?
Do you know if they're bigger or smaller than Seba High Light ( at the same size number ) ?
I don't know about the sebas but the Hardcore Evo is true to size, plus it is heat moldable to unsure perfect fit.
carlosesantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2015, 03:58 AM   #6
Joey

Default 2015 Powerslide Hardcore EVO 2.0

I am currently breaking in a pair of Powerslide EVOs myself. I am on day 2 of the process. Here are a few things I have learned that may be helpful.

Size: I ordered a size 44. Label inside of skate says 44/US11. Fits me perfectly same as any other 44 I have enjoyed.

Width: Narrow! I have narrow feet and wear 2 pairs of socks in every skate I have ever owned until now. One pair in these skates and the width is perfect. My feet are a B width in US sizes. I can't imagine jamming a wide foot into this skate.

Closures: The EVO comes with full laces AND three sets of straps. The strap near the toe is simply Velcro(R) and as worthless as any other toe strap I have ever not used on any of my previous skates (Been skating for 50 years now). The heel stabilizer and ankle cuff straps have ratcheting buckles that I find a bit hard to use for a number of reasons - none of which would make me regret owning these skates.

Unless you are really jumping over picnic tables or out of second story windows, the three straps are enough. I ripped the laces out of the EVOS day-1 and only use the buckles. By removing the laces it now takes me five seconds to get my feet in the boots or take them out of the boots. With the laces it took five freaking MINUTES to get secured into these skates. And remember...I have narrow feet! I also tried removing the plastic cuffs and just using the bottom two straps and the laces. Seemed OK to me as well - a lot like my hockey skates.

Comfort: First of all, don't expect any high end heat mold-able boot to be perfectly comfy out of the box. Also, the skates did not come with any footbeds, so I just used some from another pair of skates. I skated 2 hours straight from the box. My right foot felt like it was born with that skate on it - perfect! The left foot has one severe pressure point at the tendon below my ankle bone on the inside of my foot. Today I performed the heat molding on both skates. One trip to the oven and the right skate is still perfect. Three trips to the oven and the left skate is improving - the pressure point could not be in a worse place to try to stretch out. I am not certain I can do it. Most likely it will be 2 weeks before my foot heals and I can try again with the mods. I did skate 2 hours again today after i cooked the Powerslide casseroles in my oven. First hour was OK, not perfect. By the end of the second hour that sore spot hurt too much to continue. I was just skating forward on a fitness path, getting the feel for the new skates with a few crossovers, then some city streets, then a little speed skate posture at low speed on the path again.

Weight: I read somewhere that the EVO is the lightest skate in their class. True dat! They are light.

Overall: These skates are BEAUTIFUL to look at, well made, and freaking LIGHT. You can re-position the frames pretty much anywhere you like them. I put the front wheel under my big toe and the rear wheel centered under my heel - same as my speed skates. Wheels are not rockered. Tried skating backwards and found I will need to rocker them for skating backwards effectively. The mold-able materials are high quality and must be heated at 200-230F for 20 minutes to soften the boots. This ensures that a hot car trunk wont likely undo your custom fit. And according to Powerslide you can heat them as many times as it takes to achieve the fit you want.

How They Skate: Exactly the way I had hoped. Fast enough for me to catch a thrill and pass lots of recreational cyclists, agile enough to carve up the meat pylons (walkers, joggers, dog walkers, etc) who think they own the fitness paths. Boots are light enough to skate all day without "lift fatigue". If I can just get that pressure point ironed out I would give the EVOS 4 of 5 stars. I withheld one star due to the narrowness of the fit (even though it is PERFECT for my feet) and the difficulty of getting the danged things on my feet with the laces AND buckles in place.

I will report on the success/failure of the painful pressure point in a week or two when my foot heals.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!