S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Artistic Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Artistic Skating Forum Discussions about any topic related to artistic roller skating including quad artistic skating, inline figure skating, pairs, dance, synchronized skating, and show skating.

Old April 30th, 2018, 09:34 PM   #1
srknurse

Default Adjusting Roll-Line plates

Hello, forum!

I have a new pair of Roll-Line Evo plates, and their action is very loose. How do I tighten the trucks? Do I just use the click action mechanism at the action adjustment nut, or do I do something else...or a combination of both? The manual on Roll-Line's website is very sparse. Thanks!
srknurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2018, 04:03 AM   #2
larryoracing

Smile Hello Srknurse, long time no see, if you are the correct person.

Did you, a long time ago talk about building a skating floor in your garage? I thought you were a figure skater???? Maybe I got the wrong person.

Anyways, I don't have a pair of EVO skates. Aren't those the most expensive freestyle skates that anybody can buy????? Really Expensive...lol!

I have several pairs of Roll Line skates, Giotto, Dance, Ring, Energy and Matrix.

They all adjust the same way.

1) There is a "allen wrench" nut at the bottom of each truck.

a) Put a 'allen wrench", L shaped tool from the Roll Line tool kit, in at the end of the bolt and turn 'counter Clockwise/to the left, about a 1/2 turn to loosen the nut.

2) Put the Roll Line socket wrench over the end of the"Gold nut" on the bottom of the trucks. Click/turn the Gold nut to the left to loosen the trucks, one click at a time, until you feel the truck is loosen enough for you.

a) Turn/click the "gold nut" on the bottom of the truck to the right to tighten the action, one click at a time until you feel the trucks are tight enough for your adjustment.

3) After the adjustment put the "allen wrench tool", L shaped Roll Line tool back into the silver nut on the bottom of the truck and turn back/turn to the right, Clockwise 1/2 turn, just tight enough to put a little bit of force on the bolt to tighten it down. Don't overtighten the nut. It is not necessary. The Silver nut just needs a little bit of force on it to lock it down.

Your done! Play with the adjustment as needed to get the truck action all the same for all four trucks the way you like them. They (all four trucks) should have the same tightness or looseness to be adjusted correctly.

Sincerely,

Larry Otani and good luck.

P.S. Why did you buy the EVO Skates? Someday I want to buy a pair...lol!
larryoracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2018, 10:07 AM   #3
rwsz

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryoracing View Post
Did you, a long time ago talk about building a skating floor in your garage? I thought you were a figure skater???? Maybe I got the wrong person.

Anyways, I don't have a pair of EVO skates. Aren't those the most expensive freestyle skates that anybody can buy????? Really Expensive...lol!

I have several pairs of Roll Line skates, Giotto, Dance, Ring, Energy and Matrix.

They all adjust the same way.

1) There is a "allen wrench" nut at the bottom of each truck.

a) Put a 'allen wrench", L shaped tool from the Roll Line tool kit, in at the end of the bolt and turn 'counter Clockwise/to the left, about a 1/2 turn to loosen the nut.

2) Put the Roll Line socket wrench over the end of the"Gold nut" on the bottom of the trucks. Click/turn the Gold nut to the left to loosen the trucks, one click at a time, until you feel the truck is loosen enough for you.

a) Turn/click the "gold nut" on the bottom of the truck to the right to tighten the action, one click at a time until you feel the trucks are tight enough for your adjustment.

3) After the adjustment put the "allen wrench tool", L shaped Roll Line tool back into the silver nut on the bottom of the truck and turn back/turn to the right, Clockwise 1/2 turn, just tight enough to put a little bit of force on the bolt to tighten it down. Don't overtighten the nut. It is not necessary. The Silver nut just needs a little bit of force on it to lock it down.

Your done! Play with the adjustment as needed to get the truck action all the same for all four trucks the way you like them. They (all four trucks) should have the same tightness or looseness to be adjusted correctly.

Sincerely,

Larry Otani and good luck.

yup shes the one lol
Old May 1st, 2018, 11:24 AM   #4
srknurse

Default Roll line plates

Hello! Yes, I am one and the same. Now I live on the east coast.

A few questions - my trucks are already loose. So I have to loosen them
further? And then tighten? Or ? The Evo plates are new to me, and so I want
To ensure I am tightening them correctly. Thanks!
srknurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2018, 01:53 PM   #5
larryoracing

Smile No just tighten them.

I didn't know if you wanted to tighten them or loosen them.

Good luck and keep us informed with your skating.

See you Nationals...lol!

Larry O
larryoracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2018, 03:33 AM   #6
amohrfeld

I suggest using the Roll Line recommended bushings. Using a softer bushing is problematic.

Adjusting is simple. Right to tighten and left to loosen. Only one tool is needed due to the click-action.
amohrfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2018, 03:38 AM   #7
amohrfeld

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryoracing View Post
I bought a used pair of EVO a few weeks ago and skated them twice. I love the plate. More stability and control than the Energy plate. You sacrifice a little maneuverability due to the shorter cushion, but it is worth it for the control and stability.
amohrfeld is offline   Reply With Quote