S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > General Interest Skating Forums > Main Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Skating Forum General discussions about all types of skating, including how to skate, places to skate, skating events, skating equipment, and any topic that does not fall under one of our other skating forums.

Old August 10th, 2014, 07:51 PM   #1441
Kiepur_Inlein
'cause B!tch£s misbehave!

Thanks again, Mort!
Old August 11th, 2014, 07:51 PM   #1442
Kiepur_Inlein

Help, Mort!

I pretty psyched about mounting my in-line chassis to these...
Old August 12th, 2014, 02:52 PM   #1443
Foot2big
The Elder Skatesman

Updated frames to freestyle.

Old August 12th, 2014, 02:57 PM   #1444
Edward Williams
Still Learning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiepur_Inlein View Post
Help, Mort!

I pretty psyched about mounting my in-line chassis to these...
There ya go bud...

Old August 12th, 2014, 04:04 PM   #1445
Kiepur_Inlein

Thanks, Edward! I still have no idea how you guys do that (such wizardry)...
Old August 12th, 2014, 04:42 PM   #1446
theDonnybrook
Just trying to keep up

Quote:
You are using the wrong link to the image. You need the static image from Flickr. Otherwise the link to the image constantly changes and the forum can't display the image. Should be an option from your user account to get a static image link.
Old August 12th, 2014, 05:09 PM   #1447
Kiepur_Inlein

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDonnybrook View Post
You are using the wrong link to the image. You need the static image from Flickr. Otherwise the link to the image constantly changes and the forum can't display the image. Should be an option from your user account to get a static image link.
Thanks, Donnybrook! I'll have to see if I can figure this out for next time. Though it seems to me that you guys are (as we say in New England) "Wickid Smahhht"!
Old August 13th, 2014, 02:24 PM   #1448
Foot2big
The Elder Skatesman

New setup. Bake frames with 72mm wheels.

Old August 13th, 2014, 04:15 PM   #1449
Kiepur_Inlein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot2big View Post
New setup. Bake frames with 72mm wheels.

Foot...,
It seems like you change-out your chassis
about every other day. It's a pretty slick set-up, which allows for such change, at any rate. ...Very cool!
Old August 14th, 2014, 08:57 AM   #1450
Edward Williams
Still Learning...

Quote:
No problem. I used to code in a former life. I just pick the link right outta the code in the page itself. The "Z" image is the largest size so I use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDonnybrook View Post
That would be the easiest way to go if they offer that...and if you're not a coder.
Old August 20th, 2014, 05:24 AM   #1451
matguy

Finally got around to it:

Top left quadrant in clockwise order: My son's old GT50s he grew out of, no wheels currently. My first quad boots, RS1000 / 125's, originally had Hard Candy plates, broke those, I never liked the SA Laser plates, the threads for the king pin wouldn't keep it in. My wife's GT50 quads with my OG yellow/orange Cannibals. My current quads, RS1000/125, Roll Line Mistral, Fafner 37k's, and some oddball 1/2 Power Plus 1/2 Interceptor wheels (apparently an accidental manufacturing mix-up.) My son's current quads, those are Twister wheels, he likes the way they look.

Upper right quadrant, also clockwise from top right. My recent inlines that I've been on in one form or another for the last 20 years. Currently a Bont Zero, low profile EagleHawk 5x80 frame, Bones Swiss, and Hyper Super Grip Blue wheels. Below that are my super old Pass boots, very heavy (I'm not 100% sure why there was a 4x84 PowerSlide frame mounted to them when I pulled them out of the bin they were in.) Next to that are some Verducci Pro-E boots; I did not like those boots, I didn't notice that there are no laces when I originally bought them off ebay, only buckles and straps, stupid. Below that are the 4x80 EagleHawk frames my son started out on. To the left of that are my current inlines: Bont Jet, Luigino 4x110 Z-Frame, Boss Swiss (greased, but well worked in and very free spinning), Hyper HyOctane wheels; just got the boot a week ago (not pictured are my old PowerSlide R2's that didn't work for me, selling to another skater, he's testing them out.) To the left of those are my wife's rec-inlines, I don't remember what they are, but she liked 'em. Above those are my son's current inlines: Luigino Mini Challenge (size 2-5, I can't find his old 11-2 version), 4x90 Z-Frame, Bones Reds, Atom Whips. Above those are my wifes speed inlines that she doesn't like: (old) PowerSlide R2 (that's the part she doesn't like) high profile EagleHawk 5x80, random bearings, I don't remember what's in 'em, and Kryptonics Alez wheels (dual pour, hard on the center, softer on the sides, I loved these wheels.)

And a ton of quad wheels: Purple Power Plus, Red Power Plus, OG Purple Wicked Lips (not even remotely purple anymore and the last time I grooved them the surface didn't turn purple at all, either, and that was probably 15 years ago), Radar Tile Biters, some Pattison branded wheels that came on the GT50's, barely rolled on pink Wicked Eyes, some kind of super soft green backspin wheels, and a mix of all different colors of twisters plus some odd-ball wheels that may or may not make up complete sets.

Not pictured because I can't find them: Broken Hard Candy Plate with ProLine trucks, broke heel pivot cup on one side. NTS ProLine, was too short for my feet, missing one grub screw (well, if I could find the damn things to begin with, wanted to put on my wife's quads.)

Oh, and I didn't put the random inline wheels in the picture. Not nearly as exciting as old quad wheels.
matguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2014, 02:26 AM   #1452
Az17

Quote:
Originally Posted by matguy View Post

Wow, now that's quite the collection you have there. Do all of these still see some sort of use or were they just collected over time?

I only kept my rather "supreme" Rollerblade Triforce skates along with a ton of wheels and bearings. My current skate set is my avatar.

Az17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2014, 06:19 PM   #1453
matguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az17 View Post
Wow, now that's quite the collection you have there. Do all of these still see some sort of use or were they just collected over time?
We probbaly use about 1/3 of what's there right now, as of a few months ago probably about 2/5th.

My wife's recreational inlines and quads (top middle with Orange Cannibals) have recently been shelved due to pregnancy, otherwise they would be. Her speed inlines (top, slightly right, R2 boot, EagleHawk frame, big reflection off the heel) hurt her feet a lot and we didn't get her better boots before the whole pregnancy thing, it'll be a while before she gets back on speed inlines.

My current inlines (White Bont boot, though I have new frames, now) get the most use, though I quad skate from time to time (RS-1000's with Roll Line Mistrals, Fafner's, and red PowerPlus/Interceptor miss-manufactured wheels.) My old quads (RS-1000's with Laser plates, Hartford Gold's, and random purple wheels) don't get any use; I don't like the Laser and the boots are falling apart. My Son's inlines (middle, though he has new wheels, now) get a lot of use; he enjoys his quads (far left, invader plates, blue twister wheels), but he's been focusing on inline speed lately.

My next recent inlines (top right, Bont Zero, EagleHawk, Bones Swiss, Hyper SGB's) got a lot of use up until recently; they're just more comfortable than my newer Bonts plus the lower profile frame is easier on my ankles. But, actually I'm focusing on speed more, so I just needed to bite the bullet and get over the pain (though I am working on justifying custom boots, $$$.) The Grey inline boots (Verducci Pro E) I didn't like at all, for multiple reasons, and they're not worth enough to go through the whole selling process. My old Pass Boots (black, middle right) are my old, OG boots. Not worth anything to anyone other than me, but I won't throw them away. Sentimental reasons, for the most part. 'Couple old 4 wheel frames, might come in handy for our next little speed skater in a few years. My son's first quads (minus wheels) are in the upper left, keeping for both sentimental reasons and possible future use. Not pictured are his old inline boots, same as his current, just smaller. We couldn't find them for this picture, though we found one of them later... But, we'll keep those for sentimental and future use, too.

The ton of quad wheels that aren't getting used: The purple Power Pluses were bought for my wife, though she wanted more grip. My OG "purple" Wicked Lipps (that are very grey/brown) have been used not too long ago, but holy crap do they not grip anything. There's a couple sets that either came on quads we've bought or random roll-around wheels bought for color more than anything else. Most of the other wheels came in a box of random wheels I picked up on ebay.

Not pictured are all the old inline wheels. Including my first set, Orange Ultimate Sidewinders. There's a few green Formula's, red Cherry Bombs, etc.

Oh, and the cat, he gets lots of use.
matguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2014, 09:24 PM   #1454
Entropy
Disorderly member

My Blue Streak Avengers with their new Velocity Race wheels.

Old November 15th, 2014, 04:30 AM   #1455
helloyellow

Spot-Bilt Vintage Skates - these are not my pictures because I just bought them off ebay

Marco Polo Warrior Vintage Skates

helloyellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2015, 05:50 PM   #1456
betrlyf

Default Mine

These are my 35-36 year old skates that I'm starting over again on. 265 boots, Cyclones, the old Hartford Golds and Hyper Big Rigs. Hopefully I'll get back into the game enough to upgrade, I loved skating but an accident took it away from me about 15 years ago. From what I've read 'Mort' may appreciate the long plate.
betrlyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2015, 07:43 AM   #1457
Mort
Sk8 Ninja

Nice.
Old March 1st, 2015, 02:52 PM   #1458
Foot2big
The Elder Skatesman

Aggressive skates rocking 72mm wheels and Swiss Labryths all the way around. Fastest bowl skates ever.

Old March 1st, 2015, 08:57 PM   #1459
steadyeddie
Ed Stednowski

Etnies limited edition Mid Skate shoes (I have wide feet).
Marathon plates. I know, not up to most standards here, but I love them outdoors.
Velocity Race Wheels 65mm.
Zero wheel nuts.
Old March 2nd, 2015, 04:50 PM   #1460
Mort
Sk8 Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by steadyeddie View Post
Etnies limited edition Mid Skate shoes (I have wide feet).
Marathon plates. I know, not up to most standards here, but I love them outdoors.
Thats what matters. Don't let anyone tell ya what you should love.