S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > General Interest Skating Forums > Beginning Skaters Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Beginning Skaters Forum This is the place for beginning skaters to ask questions and share their stories. We would love to hear about your experiences learning to skate. No question is too dumb!

Old April 3rd, 2012, 05:43 PM   #1
Pinhy

Default My new toys!

K2 Radical 100 (2011)

Got them on ebay brand new for a good price. All the online stores were out of my size, so when I saw these I had to jump on them.

Wont be able to get out on them till Wed though. We'll see how I do on the bigger wheels.
Pinhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2012, 06:54 PM   #2
theDonnybrook
Just trying to keep up

Those look great. I loved my Radical 90s from 2006. Still have them, though they have been taken apart since I got my speed boots. You may want to consider changing the wheels sooner rather than later. I had a nasty fall when one of the stock K2 90mm wheels failed on me while on a long trail skate. Nearly killed me. The MPC VTs were a great replacement, but get the x-firm if you can find them. Also a fan of the Street Fights, and anything by Atom. Lots of lower cost options in the 100mm range.
Old April 4th, 2012, 01:43 PM   #3
Pinhy

thanks for the heads up, but I may not have to worry about it.

I had these on in the house for 30 mins+ and the heel isnt snug enough. I tired different tightness on the 3/4 and ankle strap, I tried 2 socks, but my heels still slip up and down with every step.

I am going to put some old wheels on them and go skate on pavement rather than carpet, but I doubt it will "be OK".

I may need to sell these and try another boot. It's a shame, because my K2 Moto's are size 10 and fit great....I really expected these to be very close. I really want a 4x100 set up too.
Old April 4th, 2012, 06:25 PM   #4
fierocious1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinhy View Post
thanks for the heads up, but I may not have to worry about it.

I had these on in the house for 30 mins+ and the heel isnt snug enough. I tired different tightness on the 3/4 and ankle strap, I tried 2 socks, but my heels still slip up and down with every step.

I am going to put some old wheels on them and go skate on pavement rather than carpet, but I doubt it will "be OK".

I may need to sell these and try another boot. It's a shame, because my K2 Moto's are size 10 and fit great....I really expected these to be very close. I really want a 4x100 set up too.
Ez fits will help with the loose heel issue.
fierocious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2012, 07:16 PM   #5
Pinhy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fierocious1 View Post
Ez fits will help with the loose heel issue.
I thought about that and meant to look them up. Maybe the 3mm would be enough. I think I'll get a pair.

They have these at Sports Authority/Dick's? $7.50 for shipping from IW

Thx
Old April 4th, 2012, 09:51 PM   #6
Pinhy

I had another thought (scary, I know)...

Couldnt I order another set of skates from IW.....swap the boots/frames (assuming the boot fits better)....then sell this boot with the other frame on eBay? I would probably take a loss, but I would have a skate that fits and the good K2 4x100 frame I want. (The 4x100 is the key to all this, I dont want a HiLo set up if I can help it).

Detailed question: will pretty much any 195mm mount boot work? ie Rollerblade Tempest 110 or 100, even though the wheels/frames are HiLo set ups? Does that mounting point on the boot go lower and result in a toe that is higher?
Old April 5th, 2012, 08:13 PM   #7
bnumerick

In theory you can put any 195mm mount boot/frame together so what you're suggesting should work.
bnumerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2012, 09:52 PM   #8
Pinhy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnumerick View Post
In theory you can put any 195mm mount boot/frame together so what you're suggesting should work.

Thats what I was thinking, Bill...."in theory" lol
Old April 6th, 2012, 01:29 AM   #9
PBLsQuad450

The theory didn't hold up in my old Rollerblade Spark 84's. I had to customize my boots to get them to accept a 165 and they were only off by like 2mm.
Old April 6th, 2012, 04:02 PM   #10
Pinhy

thats the kind of stuff I worry about. but once you get into the bigger skates, they must(?) need to conform to the 195mm for people wanting to buy higher end frames and such..."in theory"

that said, I skated these for the first time last night, doing a couple miles to see how they felt. I put a heel insert I had around the house in the bottom, and wore a generic ezeefit type ankle wrap. Left foot was PERFECT...right foot was hurting, so I took off the wrap and it was better, but a little loose.

Going to be doing 8 miles tonight in our Full Moon Skate at the park, so we'll see how that goes.
Old April 7th, 2012, 04:30 PM   #11
Pinhy

first full 8 mile skate on these things last night at our monthly Full Moon Skate....one word "WOW!"

cruised along with the main group with barely any effort (this is a social skate, so the group is chatting and not moving that fast...10-12 mph probably). I was even ready to do another lap! 100mm makes such a difference over the 84mm I've been using the last 2 months. The 85A hardness is probably better than the 80A on the smaller ones too.

still having an issue with pain in the bottom of my right heel...left foot is absolutely PERFECT though. Once I find the right insert to stop the pain, I will be golden.

Cant wait to get out there again!