S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Quad Roller Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quad Roller Skating Forum Discussions about quad roller skates and any other quad skating discussions that do not seem appropriate for one of our other forums.

Old June 16th, 2017, 06:02 PM   #1
Mort
Sk8 Ninja

Default RollerCon 2017

Is anyone going to this event?
Old July 2nd, 2017, 02:36 AM   #2
Dreggerz

sounds fun
Dreggerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2017, 04:42 PM   #3
Gorilla

Default Pick Me!

I will be there again.
Gorilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2017, 08:20 PM   #4
Mort
Sk8 Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla View Post
I will be there again.
Cool. Ill be there monday night, gonna try to get an early outdoor meetup.
Old July 5th, 2017, 06:57 AM   #5
Oicusk82huh
Skating 35 years

It looks like Roller Derby activities only?
Oicusk82huh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2017, 09:12 AM   #6
Mort
Sk8 Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oicusk82huh View Post
It looks like Roller Derby activities only?
Yea, hopefully its not boring theres always street skating n stuffs tho. Lot to do there im sure itll more than occupy time though.
Old July 9th, 2017, 03:04 PM   #7
Dekindy

This is roller derby only. Don't know why anybody that is not a derby player or official would attend.
Dekindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2017, 01:10 PM   #8
Gorilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mort View Post
Yea, hopefully its not boring theres always street skating n stuffs tho. Lot to do there im sure itll more than occupy time though.
I am driving and may get there Monday, probably Tuesday. I do go outdoor skating while there often. It is fun, but do not underestimate the heat. Be prepared to be flipped off by road ragey drivers.

If you are bored, it is your fault. Soooo much to do. Most people's problem is that they are overwhelmed with stuff. You can literally play derby and skate all day if you want, attend classed and.. well party. It can get wild. But be sure to take some time to decompress.

I usually stay off site so I can get away from it all. However, this year I decided to save a few bucks and stay at The Westgate (conference hotel). Thank goodness I will have a car and I know the town pretty well.
Gorilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2017, 08:09 AM   #9
Mort
Sk8 Ninja

Just doubt I'll get to play :/ late to the table being a first time there, didnt know about the challenges and stuff, everything filled up/im an unknown and no one wants that.

We get alot of the road rage'd pricks here, actually had a dude push me into the burm of the road before using his full size chevy van. Lol crazy times.

I work in a pretty heat intense environment. Pretty sure I'll be fine on that. Humidity here s about 2x as high on average. Temps about 10 to 15 deg lower tho, but in the shop its like a freakin oven we've had people get heat sickness in the 2 shops Ive worked in.

I know theres a lot of stuff to do there, training classes and the like. Hope to learn a few things.

On Thursday evening we plan on going to the local rink to check it out.(i forget what one as there are 2 roller rinks in the area)

I take it off site gets expensive with driving/parking, and maybe a different hotel is more costly?
Old July 21st, 2017, 03:03 PM   #10
No Dice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mort View Post
Just doubt I'll get to play :/ late to the table being a first time there, didnt know about the challenges and stuff, everything filled up/im an unknown and no one wants that.

We get alot of the road rage'd pricks here, actually had a dude push me into the burm of the road before using his full size chevy van. Lol crazy times.

I work in a pretty heat intense environment. Pretty sure I'll be fine on that. Humidity here s about 2x as high on average. Temps about 10 to 15 deg lower tho, but in the shop its like a freakin oven we've had people get heat sickness in the 2 shops Ive worked in.

I know theres a lot of stuff to do there, training classes and the like. Hope to learn a few things.

On Thursday evening we plan on going to the local rink to check it out.(i forget what one as there are 2 roller rinks in the area)

I take it off site gets expensive with driving/parking, and maybe a different hotel is more costly?
I go pretty much every other year (this is a going year for me but I'm still super annoyed i missed out on the Iron Maiden style shirt), the classes are usually my main focus but this year I'm doing a couple challenges. there is an open scrimmage track that you could probably get some track time on if you want to play. You can also hang out near the track when a game your level is going to start and jsut ask the teams if they have any dropouts, use a marker or something to throw a number on the right color shirt and you're in.

The thing Gorilla said about decompressing is super important, last time i didn't schedule anything, the wife and i just wandered around and picked a couple classes a day or did some open scrims or wandered down the strip.. and also just napped :P There is so much to do it's easy to do too much and feel completely clobbered by the end of it... though i guess any big convention can be like that.
No Dice is offline   Reply With Quote