S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Aggressive Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Aggressive Skating Forum Discussions about any topic related to vert skating, skatepark tricks, aggressive street skating, action sports events, and the aggressive skating lifestyle.

Old November 4th, 2016, 09:53 PM   #1
Oicusk82huh
Skating 35 years

Default K2's (or comfortable skates)

Hi guys. I'm a slalom skater, but have been looking for something completely different as far as boots go. My slalom skates punish my feet, they are REALLY hard skates.

I've been dreaming of having a skate as comfortable as my old K2 Fatty's. The Fatty's felt like a slipper, the most comfortable thing I've ever worn.

I'm finally able to make that happen, as Seba now sells a freestyle frame that will fit onto an aggressive boot. So my question is this...

Are K2 aggressive skates still as comfortable as they were in 1998? I'm looking at this pair, but I'd have to get the Seba frame, as this one is too long for slalom.
http://www.inlinewarehouse.com/K2_Mi...page-MDGY.html

Or here's another way to put it...what is the most comfortable boot you've ever worn?
Oicusk82huh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2016, 05:46 PM   #2
DMFP

I have the midtowns and they're very reminiscent of the old fattys--if you liked those, I can't imagine you not liking these

The stock frames also aren't THAT long.. I know nothing about slalom other than putzing around with a few moves, but those 80's are about as close together as you can get. Stock frame is also rockerable, so that's cool

my TRS with Blank liners in them are also crazy comfortable, but if you want these for slalom, you're gonna want something that you don't have to worry about things like soul plate bolts rattling free on, so... I think K2 is about your only option, other than maybe like USD carbons
DMFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2017, 10:32 AM   #3
Oicusk82huh
Skating 35 years

Thanks BTW. I got them for Christmas. I haven't skated on them yet because I also got some Freeline skates at the same time (it's like a skate board for each foot with two wheels). I'm so completely in love with the Freelines now, that my inlines have gone to the side (just for the time being...new toy). Thanks, the K2's are almost as comfortable as the old Fatty Pros.
Oicusk82huh is offline   Reply With Quote