S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Slalom Cone Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Slalom Cone Skating Forum Discussions about slalom cone skating, high-jump, and other freestyle trick skating. (Note that vert, street, and park skating discussions should be posted in our aggressive skating forum.)

Old October 26th, 2016, 02:38 AM   #1
spawn_x

Default Rockered frames - wanting to go flat

Hi, first post, new guy skating here. Bought a pair of used Igors which was decently priced and happened to fit, but.. it has a rockered 243mm frame and 80mm wheels

I am new, and this rockered thing is not my cup of tea, at least for my current skill level.

Does it make a big difference if I get smaller wheels for the middle, versus swapping a frame to a flat? I could probably trade it with someone who wants a rockered frame, but not sure if I should keep it for the future. I am mainly interested in urban skating, not tricks or cone stuff.

My other pair of inlines is CCM RBZ's, but I picked these up because I wanted more flexibility (Igors are not very flexible however) and some plastic protection for falls and scrapes (almost damaged the stitching from a small fall on the hockey skates on asphalt)

Thanks
spawn_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2016, 06:49 AM   #2
ipixu78

Default Rockered frames to flat.

It depends upon how much rockering is in your frame

My Powerslide Alpha rockered frame can take wheels in the configuration, 80-76-76-80, which gives a flat setup. My frames therefore have a 2mm rocker difference.

I'd recommend to keep your frame if you can find the wheel sizes that give this.

Flat setups are great for practicing slides. If you have Igors then it is likely you dream of slalom, so rockered setups will be ideal.

I do however recommend persevering with the rocker. It feels wierd and unstable but your body can adapt to it over time. Take it slow. Once adapted you will enjoy the freedom.

Changing between flat and rocker does take time regardless which way you go. I recommend practicing with both. It will improve your overall muscle memory for rolling.

Have fun!
ipixu78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2016, 08:59 AM   #3
Oicusk82huh
Skating 35 years

Hi. The answer is yes you can put size 76 wheels in the middle. No problems. This would make your set up flat.
Oicusk82huh is offline   Reply With Quote