S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Slalom Cone Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Slalom Cone Skating Forum Discussions about slalom cone skating, high-jump, and other freestyle trick skating. (Note that vert, street, and park skating discussions should be posted in our aggressive skating forum.)

Old February 9th, 2014, 10:43 PM   #1
SVT CAMR
At the rink!

Default Tried on a High Light 80 today

I was at the rink today and noticed a guy with the 2013 Seba High Light 80's was right next to me. Finally… there they were in all their glory. No internet pic the real deal!

They looked nice and were not bulky. they had the 243mm frame and 80mm SI wheels. I compared them to my very old Bauers with 76mm wheels and 231 frame and guess what that little bit of extra length was not as big of a deal as I thought it would be. The Deluxe frames on these skates are bad a$$. Nice thick cut of aluminum. The white wheels looked sweet too. I asked him if the harder durometer wheel 84a was slippery on the wood rink floor. He said no.

Later I saw him again and asked him what size they were. He said mens US 9. Thats my size can I try them on? He said yes they are brand new first time out on them. When I put them on my 270mm foot they felt like heaven. Like the quality of a high end sports car. I knew right there they fit me perfectly. The inside memory foam was beautiful. The skate overall had a real nice feel and look. The best fitting skate I ever tried on. It made me think are they too big? They did not feel big but just right. I was not able to roll on them.

EDIT: I also wanted to comment on the weight of the Seba High Light 80 skate. Now I know why they call them light. Compared to my Bauer hockey skates they are just a touch heavier. You could barely tell the difference. They were barely heavier. As you can tell from my opinion of this thread I really liked them.

I ordered a pair of TRIX2 skates and they should be here tomorrow. I will give my first impressions of fitment. They are also a mens US size 9. I will start a new thread tomorrow about this.

EDIT: I hope the TRIX2 gives me the same results. If not they are going back and will get the High Light 80's.

Last edited by SVT CAMR; February 10th, 2014 at 03:33 AM. Reason: Spelling & add information
SVT CAMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2014, 10:20 PM   #2
Oicusk82huh

Yes, I just bought a new pair of High Lights. They are by far the absolute best things I've ever skated in. I also have a pair of High (reds), they are not Lights, and much tougher to break in. I'm gonna use them for rougher days when conditions aren't perfect. The Lights are my new baby's!

Also like to chime in on size, I kept reading difficult break in stories, so I went a size bigger (the Red's). This was a bit disappointing. If you have narrow feet the Seba High's may actually seem too big. I ordered my correct size with the Lights, but if I ever order another pair, I'd definitely go one size smaller than my measurement.

Hope that helps someone.
Oicusk82huh is offline   Reply With Quote