S k a t e L o g     F o r u m

Closed in June of 2020

SKATELOG DOT COM: Web Site | Blog | Facebook |    

Home

*** The SkateLog Forum Has Been Replaced by SkateDebate Dot Com ***

FROM SKATELOG FORUM HOST KATHIE FRY IN MARCH OF 2020:
This announcement is to let everyone know that after hosting the SkateLog Forum and its predecessors for nearly 20 years, I have decided it is time to permanently turn the forum over to a new owner and administrator. I cannot think of anyone more suitable to take on that role than my SkateLog forum co-host, Florida skater Jessica Wright. I am pleased to announce that Jessica has agreed to establish and host a brand new skating forum, configured like the SkateLog Forum, but with a new name and a new Web Site. This new forum is 100% owned and operated by Jessica.

NEW FORUM NAME: SkateDebate Forum
NEW WEB SITE: SkateDebate.com
NEW OWNER AND ADMINISTRATOR: Jessica Wright
REGISTER IN JESSICA'S FORUM: Create a SkateDebate Forum User Name

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Speed Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Speed Skating Forum Most of the discussions in this forum will be about inline speed skating but discussions about ice speed skating and quad roller speed skating are also welcome.

Old May 1st, 2020, 06:50 AM   #1
BostonBob

Default 125mm Atom Boom Road vs Infinity Plus vs Matter Image

Im looking for a reasonably priced set of 125 mm wheels for long outdoor speed skating cruises. Any opinions on which ones are the fastest between Atom Boom Road, PowerSlide Infinity Plus and Matter Image?
BostonBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2020, 11:14 PM   #2
ese002

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBob View Post
Im looking for a reasonably priced set of 125 mm wheels for long outdoor speed skating cruises. Any opinions on which ones are the fastest between Atom Boom Road, PowerSlide Infinity Plus and Matter Image?
I've only used the Atom Boom's 125's. That are rather slow. Not horribly slow but you are not going to be winning any races. It is comfortable ride with too much flex. Grip and wear are reasonable.
ese002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2020, 03:13 PM   #3
BostonBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by ese002 View Post
I've only used the Atom Boom's 125's. That are rather slow. Not horribly slow but you are not going to be winning any races. It is comfortable ride with too much flex. Grip and wear are reasonable.
Thanks for the info. That matches what others have said about the Boom. I currently skate the Atom Matrix but cracked one hub from riding off a curb so im not too impressed with them.

Im probably going to try the Matter Images. Only single durometer but Im hoping that since i mostly go straight it would be fine.
Old May 18th, 2020, 10:33 AM   #4
BMW325TI

I have skated on Image. yeah just fine for cruises. Not reactive as one20five, but more damping...
BMW325TI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2020, 06:25 PM   #5
BostonBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW325TI View Post
I have skated on Image. yeah just fine for cruises. Not reactive as one20five, but more damping...
I would agree. I just got them this weekend. They are great at speed but take a little bit more effort getting there. Does feel a bit squishy at times and lagging. Not bad for the price though
Old May 19th, 2020, 12:59 PM   #6
BMW325TI

Yeah I switched to Rollerblade Hydrogen, more affordable than one20five.
Old June 3rd, 2020, 07:24 AM   #7
esef

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW325TI View Post
Yeah I switched to Rollerblade Hydrogen, more affordable than one20five.
Regular Hydrogens or Hydrogen Pros?
esef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2020, 10:48 AM   #8
BMW325TI

The normal version. Only I have noticed wear of Rollerblade is faster....
On imperfections surface Hydrogen performs much better!
Old June 30th, 2020, 12:36 PM   #9
romekjagoda

Three trainings ago I switched to 125mm for the first time and started on Hydrogens (normal). The first ride felt a tad slippery, but when the first layer wore off (after some 15kms) they seem to be doing a good job, but I have no comparison to other 125mm wheels. I would consider them good, but not great, as sometimes still I feel they slip a little n the last phase of the outward push (but that may be due to the full extension of the leg and/or imperfect techinique). But when pushed properly sideways they grip well, which is audible (the same goes for the underpush - I can hear well when they grip correctly and in that sense they give audible guidance about your technique, if you listen in carefully).
romekjagoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2020, 10:06 AM   #10
BMW325TI

After +/- 50km I can see wear traces and they look like has been abused for many years.

I have to convinced most of time I am riding on bad surface.

But after these experiences I have to say wear is to fast for its qualityrice ratio.