S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | SkateLog.com | Email    


Home

*** The SkateLog Forum is Moving to SkateDebate Dot Com ***
(select above link for more information)

How To Get a User Account in the New SkateDebate Forum
(new home of the SkateLog Forum)

How To Get a User Account in the SkateLog Forum
(Note: this forum is going off-line in June of 2020)

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > General Interest Skating Forums > Main Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Skating Forum General discussions about all types of skating, including how to skate, places to skate, skating events, skating equipment, and any topic that does not fall under one of our other skating forums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 26th, 2016, 02:57 AM   #1
Traffic Dancer
Member
 
Traffic Dancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
Posts: 59
Default Inline skate Frankenstein action

Well, I ordered Powerslide Secondskin liners for my RB80s.....the front half of my foot flops around inside the skate like a salmon on the deck of a fishing boat. The original liners are now back in.

The new liners do however work really well inside my old Rollerblade lighting D7s that currently wear Powerslide Megacruiser frames......I was going to sell these frames but after trying them with these liners, I'm not so sure.

Maybe I'm learning something?
Traffic Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2016, 05:01 PM   #2
Trixton
Senior Member
 
Trixton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 253
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traffic Dancer View Post
Well, I ordered Powerslide Secondskin liners for my RB80s.....the front half of my foot flops around inside the skate like a salmon on the deck of a fishing boat. The original liners are now back in.

The new liners do however work really well inside my old Rollerblade lighting D7s that currently wear Powerslide Megacruiser frames......I was going to sell these frames but after trying them with these liners, I'm not so sure.

Maybe I'm learning something?
I've never used removable liners in my inlines, but if your foot is moving around that much, I would say the boot is not a good fit for your foot. I have a pair of inlines that are slightly too big and a pair that fits me well. The difference is drastic.
Trixton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2016, 07:10 PM   #3
Traffic Dancer
Member
 
Traffic Dancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
Posts: 59
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trixton View Post
I've never used removable liners in my inlines, but if your foot is moving around that much, I would say the boot is not a good fit for your foot. I have a pair of inlines that are slightly too big and a pair that fits me well. The difference is drastic.
The real problem that I have is that my feet are size 13 narrow.....I have clown feet.
Traffic Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2016, 09:26 PM   #4
Trixton
Senior Member
 
Trixton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 253
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traffic Dancer View Post
The real problem that I have is that my feet are size 13 narrow.....I have clown feet.
Someone else can probably help more than I can, but I know there are models out there with narrow toeboxes. That might be your best bet.
Trixton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2016, 09:28 PM   #5
Traffic Dancer
Member
 
Traffic Dancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
Posts: 59
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trixton View Post
Someone else can probably help more than I can, but I know there are models out there with narrow toeboxes. That might be your best bet.
Thanks.....honestly the RB80s are fine with the original liners....I just tried getting fancy with the new ones.

Taking my Big Wheelz out for a spin around the lake right now. I'll report back later with, um, a report on the new liners.
Traffic Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2016, 11:12 PM   #6
Traffic Dancer
Member
 
Traffic Dancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
Posts: 59
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traffic Dancer View Post
Thanks.....honestly the RB80s are fine with the original liners....I just tried getting fancy with the new ones.

Taking my Big Wheelz out for a spin around the lake right now. I'll report back later with, um, a report on the new liners.

The liners are ok but damn, I really don't like these big wheels now that I've been on 80mm for a few weeks. I feel really clumsy. It's amazing what two extra inches can do to you.
Traffic Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.