S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Quad Roller Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quad Roller Skating Forum Discussions about quad roller skates and any other quad skating discussions that do not seem appropriate for one of our other forums.

Old January 12th, 2017, 08:42 AM   #61
jackbkwikn
ALTAMURA

yep no pics
Old January 12th, 2017, 11:49 AM   #62
fierocious1

I don't know why. I see the pics on my phone and all my computers.

http://skatelogforum.com/forums/pict...pictureid=6165

http://skatelogforum.com/forums/pict...pictureid=6163

http://skatelogforum.com/forums/pict...pictureid=6162

Last edited by fierocious1; January 13th, 2017 at 12:03 AM.
fierocious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2017, 03:06 AM   #63
jackbkwikn
ALTAMURA

nothing in your links either
Old January 13th, 2017, 04:07 AM   #64
Mort
Sk8 Ninja

There ya go.
Old January 13th, 2017, 08:51 AM   #65
HeBeGB

Thankyou. They work, Mort.
Old January 16th, 2017, 01:34 AM   #66
fierocious1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mort View Post

There ya go.
Thanks Mort. Sometimes they work for me and sometime they don't. But I see all my pics on my phone and all the computers I use or have access to....
Old January 16th, 2017, 11:08 PM   #67
cwilliams823
Shuffle Skater

I would actually love to try a pair, would laser trucks work? What do you think you would charge for a pair?
cwilliams823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2017, 12:50 AM   #68
fierocious1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwilliams823 View Post
I would actually love to try a pair, would laser trucks work? What do you think you would charge for a pair?
I don't know that lasers would fit this plate. I have never made any for sale. Very time consuming making a plate. I did not know till I made this set how much time it would take to make a set. These plates only fit 195mm mount boots. One of my other plates came loose on the mill and was damaged, it was for 165mm boots. I have no extras at this time.
Old January 17th, 2017, 01:15 AM   #69
bigred875

Thumbs up

very cool!
bigred875 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2017, 10:28 PM   #70
cwilliams823
Shuffle Skater

well still cool, I was thinking about having a friend with a cnc do one for me but he's always busy (plus he is making me a wheel regroover setup for my lathe).

Have you got to skate on them yet! thats the most important thing.
Old January 17th, 2017, 11:55 PM   #71
fierocious1

Quote:
well still cool, I was thinking about having a friend with a cnc do one for me but he's always busy (plus he is making me a wheel regroover setup for my lathe).

Have you got to skate on them yet! thats the most important thing.
It takes time to blueprint skate plates. To do this it takes a goal in mind to make it worth while. Like going to a better alloy, needing a special length, needing a special mounting scenario. Something like that, because it is very time consuming. Anyone on here that does this has considerable time in a pair of plates if it is done by manual machine. Making the blueprints up first then transferring that information into metal takes lots of time and skill. And still a lot of time in programming if CNC. In my case I made fixtures to hold the plates in position too.
A person can modify plates in most cases to do what they want to. But my plates are different than others in several ways. Not saying they are better than anyone else's plates, they do as I wish them to do, to my spec. Lightening more and cosmetics are secondary right now. I want to keep fine tuning these for now, then I'll get around to sharpening them up later.
Oh yes, Three sessions so far. About 10 hours on them now. They were slightly rough at first but tuned in pretty quickly. The cushion setup is not standard so the dimensions were already machined into the plates for my initial setup(pre-shim) making tuning just a matter of dialing in the cushions. I had installed yellow cones, but changed the front two cones(touching the trucks) to purples because I had been off skates for a while due to a broken bone in my foot. This weekend I'm now loosened up enough to go back to the yellows. Been running Green Shamans and just ordered White Shamans to pick up the pace a bit next weekend. Going from a 93a to a 97a wheel. I'm wasting the traction with the greens as the floor is very sticky right now. So waiting for my new wheels to come in. I really wanted Scotts but with several projects going on right now, that is out of the question....
They skate very nicely. Good precise handling.
Soon I'll have another seasoned skater sz 12 give them a go to see what they think about this type of suspension setup. Might be going to Atlanta soon and have a meet up there with some SLF members. We'll see..
Old January 18th, 2017, 12:12 AM   #72
fierocious1

Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred875 View Post
very cool!
They have been a long term project. I started with Invaders as a test mule skate and began machining on them, then moved to a White Magnum and transferred dimensions to them from the Invaders. I could not get the length I wanted in Magnums(magnesium plate). The next step after working on these was to make some up in my length and since I was coming back from inlines, made to be attached to inline boots. I had already adapted the White Magnums to Powerslide inline boots. Next step was to make all this in an inline mount dedicated plate with all my dimensions included. So these are the result of all this. They would not be everyone's choice I don't think but soon I'll have some input from a couple of other skaters to see what they think. They are pretty though...
Old January 18th, 2017, 01:17 AM   #73
cwilliams823
Shuffle Skater

Quote:
Originally Posted by fierocious1 View Post
They are pretty though...
Thats what draws me to them, very Laser-ish but in metal, I like

I am new to machining, ironically out of necessity needing new SA cushions so I really appreciate the work that goes into this. I cant wait to get to that level and even would love my own mill!

They are very good looking, and between anodizing and hydrodipping they could look like anything you wanted, but raw metal is just BADA**!
Old January 18th, 2017, 01:33 AM   #74
fierocious1

Quote:
Thats what draws me to them, very Laser-ish but in metal, I like

I am new to machining, ironically out of necessity needing new SA cushions so I really appreciate the work that goes into this. I cant wait to get to that level and even would love my own mill!

They are very good looking, and between anodizing and hydrodipping they could look like anything you wanted, but raw metal is just BADA**!
It is so easy to get spoiled on Digital Readout rigs. I was! Had to step back a bit and regroup. It is tedious to count and read. Mine are all manual machines. Very basic hobby sized machines. It is as addicting as skates are. You want to try this and that after a while and tooling costs money...
Old February 12th, 2017, 12:52 AM   #75
fierocious1

Default update

Plates are working good. No issues with mounting coming loose or breaking the sole of the boots. Finally getting back up to speed on my skating after being off for 12 weeks. Began to feel like my push wasn't strong enough, no getting enough speed from it at the end of each stroke. Not enough resistance. Any way I wanted to get more force in the push out of the plates, but did not want to affect turn radius if it was possible so I shimmed the front trucks only. Got more resistance in the push but radius had very little change. Found one coned bushing disintegrating on tear down and replaced it. All is good now. Now I'll see if I can find more to tune on these.. LOL

Edit: Got some good time in today on the plates. Floor cleared out a bit and I got to finally put in a bit of speed. No shakes, no slop just smooth controlled carving and turns. Still unpredictable moving obstacles on the floor so I only got a few fast laps in. It was fun. Knee is starting to give me some feedback again. Last doctor told me it was nothing, a little time off would take care of it.... yea right. Time to change doctors...

Last edited by fierocious1; February 20th, 2017 at 02:00 AM.
Old March 12th, 2017, 08:58 PM   #76
fierocious1

Default 2 good weekends

On these skates. So I ordered the Monzas today. Hope to get them hooking up Sunday. Had the best traction at one of the rinks ever, enough to run the white Shamans on a floor they never had a chance on before. So push the isdue a bit more!