S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Quad Roller Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quad Roller Skating Forum Discussions about quad roller skates and any other quad skating discussions that do not seem appropriate for one of our other forums.

Old December 6th, 2016, 05:42 PM   #21
jotson

This is very sad news. RIP Richard, you will be missed.
jotson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2016, 08:32 PM   #22
Wild42

See you soon my friend, just not yet!

Skated many hours with Richard, enjoyed talking machining with him in the garage over a beer. He always commented on my latest build in the HSM headquarters, always offering suggestions to what I was doing. Many people were offended by what they thought was a better then thou attitude, but, if you really spent time with him in person you now that is not true. Only engineer talk, I saw long past that to what he was really trying to point out.

You can not look at a piece of carbon fiber and shoe goo the same way after knowing him that is for sure. He sure could stack cushions for clearance for out door budget builds, LOL... Layout a boot ten different ways before he drilled his first hole, got love it!

We will all miss him one way or another, the debates, the involved threads, truck King pin angles, Geometry of the skate, all good stuff. I am proud to of called you a friend!

Wes
Old December 6th, 2016, 10:04 PM   #23
gotsk8s
I bet Godsk8s too!

I very seldom ever got along with Dillo, couldn't tell the guy anything .... damn I'm gonna miss that.
Love him or hate him the guy had some knowledge.
R.I.P. or rather S.I.P. Dillo! ;(
2016 has not been a very nice year for us. We have lost a good deal of entertainment/entertainers, friends etc. Will be so glad when this year is in the books.
Old December 6th, 2016, 10:47 PM   #24
AussieScott

Default RIP Armidillo

Very sad.
Thoughts are with his family.

I hope you are happy rolling where ever you are now Richard.

RIP mate.
AussieScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2016, 02:21 AM   #25
amohrfeld

This is awful. We were in the middle of an email conversation. He had incredible insight and a unique perspective. This forum won't be the same.
amohrfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2016, 04:15 AM   #26
Gee

So sad. My condolences to family and friends. Rest in peace.
Old December 7th, 2016, 02:01 PM   #27
pavement

Default Life is too short

Shocking news......I really dont know what to say. Richard and i bumped heads a lot over the years, but when a humans presence is gone forever, it touches you forever. While i may not have shown it, i did respect him greatly for his love of skating and willingness to help ANYONE. My thoughts are with you, and may you rest in peace Brother Richard.
Old December 7th, 2016, 05:50 PM   #28
Mort
Sk8 Ninja

Default Damn,

RIP.

Really going to miss his debates. Good ideas, sometikes over the top for the application, but someone had to dream it!

He will be missed.
Old December 8th, 2016, 01:42 AM   #29
Dec8rSk8r

My condolences to those of you who knew him personally. His presence will be missed on here. RIP Dillo.
Dec8rSk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2016, 10:56 PM   #30
dvw
Secretary of Skate

Unhappy

I'm gobsmacked. Things like this serve to remind us that time is beyond precious.

Lawrence, my sincere heartfelt condolences to you and others who knew him and please give his family the kindest regards from his Skatelog family.
Old December 8th, 2016, 11:05 PM   #31
Boarddesign

So bummed to hear this, I enjoyed his angle. RIP.
Boarddesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2016, 08:24 PM   #32
JHB
Shuffling Member

Terrible news.

Rest In Peace, 'Dillo. We'll keep the skate wheels rolling.
Old December 10th, 2016, 06:16 PM   #33
lharasim
Skate to get High

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvw View Post
I'm gobsmacked. Things like this serve to remind us that time is beyond precious.

Lawrence, my sincere heartfelt condolences to you and others who knew him and please give his family the kindest regards from his Skatelog family.

Thank you

There is been way too much loss this year! , Lets hope that this coming year will be a better one

Richard is missed everyday
Old December 10th, 2016, 06:46 PM   #34
fierocious1

Default Any details?

What happened?

Yes he will be missed, a lot. His posts and tips here will remain and be read many times. He contributed quite a bit of info and knowledge here at SLF.
fierocious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2016, 08:37 PM   #35
Lenny
Old Timer

He suffered a heart attack according to his son. They are trying for next Sunday for a memorial get together at Orbit.

I didnít know him long but I found him to be a sincere and delightful fellow. (I am the customer with the small feet and the mismatched parts that you read so much about. I guess I officially have the last skates built by ĎDillo).

His son Tom has reached out to me for some help finding a home for his skates and lots of parts, etc. Iím unable to help as I am a rook and barely know a plate from a wheel. If you are able to help please PM me and Iíll pass along his contact information.
Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2016, 07:57 PM   #36
lharasim
Skate to get High

Quote:
Originally Posted by fierocious1 View Post
What happened?

Yes he will be missed, a lot. His posts and tips here will remain and be read many times. He contributed quite a bit of info and knowledge here at SLF.
Heart disease is what the coroner said was the cause, After talking with Richards son, I really am having a very hard time believing that, if you knew Richard like I did you would automatically know this would raise suspicion, he was in fantastic condition, was very well aware of these issues with older people and himself took LOTS of precautions to help with plaque build up and or heart disease, Richard was huge advocate of His Health, anyways IMO because of his age the coroner might as well just put that down and really didn't do proper autopsy.

not saying it was a conspiracy but Richard would of like that anyways.
Its possible He could have died from kidney infection too but who really knows right?!

Lawrence
Old December 13th, 2016, 05:13 AM   #37
wired

Quote:
Originally Posted by lharasim View Post
Heart disease is what the coroner said was the cause...
In the end we all die of heart failure. Why the heart failed is the issue and usually only a autopsy can determine that. If they are doing an autopsy it is usually quite some time before results are released.

Being fit certainly moves you out of the category of heart problems that usually effect the overweight but it can put you into the category of unexpected failures like aneurysms. In any case I hope he didn't suffer and passed peacefully as all of us hope to do.

Lawrence, my condolences to you and the others that had him in their lives. Is there an obituary? If so could you post a link?

Orbit in Palatine, IL? Google is saying 6h and change from here... I'm not ruling that out, who is going?

Old December 13th, 2016, 08:01 AM   #38
quantoo

Default YES

Quote:
Heart disease is what the coroner said was the cause, After talking with Richards son, I really am having a very hard time believing that, if you knew Richard like I did you would automatically know this would raise suspicion, he was in fantastic condition, was very well aware of these issues with older people and himself took LOTS of precautions to help with plaque build up and or heart disease, Richard was huge advocate of His Health, anyways IMO because of his age the coroner might as well just put that down and really didn't do proper autopsy.

Its possible He could have died from kidney infection too but who really knows right?!

Lawrence
It doesnt feel right does it?
And its hard to trust for me too on this count.
He was into health and exercise but sometimes things arent really what they seem.Could have been taking a remedy that was dissgreeing with his body and didnt know it?
Its just sad but also a fact of life that we never get used to.
quantoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2016, 11:29 AM   #39
cass38a

Dillo would like it to be a conspiracy
cass38a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2016, 12:16 PM   #40
fierocious1

Quote:

Lawrence
Don't know if it means anything or not, but a friend that skates here in TX was not feeling well. He was in excellent health at the time. Skated, played handball and biked almost everyday, he did one or more of these activities. He went to the doc and found out he had a blockage in an artery. He got it taken care of immediately and was fine. He is still skating and doing the same things as before and did get back on the floor just days after having the procedure done to take care of the issue. He isn't a slow skater either, very active. He 70yo. He could have easily got into trouble had he not gone to the doctor. Sad that he is gone.
fierocious1 is offline   Reply With Quote