S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Roller Derby Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Roller Derby Forum Discussions about banked-track and flat-track roller derby events, teams, skaters, and training methods.

Old June 15th, 2016, 02:20 PM   #1
Armadillo

Default Derby Skaters: who will be in Chicago Skating Marathon 2106?

A heads up to any and all Derby skaters considering doing the Chicago Skating marathon (or 1/2 M-thon) → registration fee goes up on 6/28

This year you can register as a Quad Skater, and the race time results will show us quad skaters as a separate timing group.

Register Here:
http://www.allcommunityevents.com/gf..._marathon.html

I have been pushing to have greater numbers of quad participants every year, and finally got the organizers to list us as a unique timing group, so let's kick the numbers up higher again this year as thanks for the recognition.

Who is planning to be in this event? Registered yet? Registering last minute in case weather forecast is for rain?
Full marathon? Half Marathon?

I still haven't decided what distance, but if it is the Half I plan to finish in under 60 minutes. Any other quad skaters with race time goals?

Any derby teams with multiple members coming, and skating together?

If numbers of quad skaters grows enough, what award categorie(s) should be suggested in the future?

How about a Derby team competition category where best combined time of 1st three finishers from same Derby team get an award?

Anyone have ideas to make this event better for quad skaters, other than changing the coarse to one with smoother asphalt?

Any derby skaters in Chicago area interested in doing pre-event training sessions over the next 5 weeks -- Lakefront trail? other trails? I can provide serious quad speed coaching and loan out some high performance outdoors wheels for testing purposes.

-Armadillo

Last edited by Armadillo; June 17th, 2016 at 03:31 AM.
Armadillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2016, 09:05 PM   #2
Armadillo

Default Wow, where are all the derby skaters who roll outdoors?

Gee, I expected to get at least a few replies in this thread.
Hopefully, a bunch of derby skaters are coming and are just last minute with their plans for this Saturday.

-Armadillo