S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Roller Dance and Session Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Roller Dance and Session Skating Forum Discussions about roller dancing, jamskating, rexing, rink session skating, dance circle skating, and similar types of recreational indoor and outdoor skate dancing .

Old October 13th, 2016, 03:57 PM   #141
GraySk8ter
73 (not dead yet)

Default Funny

It has been almost a year since I was told my thyroid was cancerous. I had the operation and they removed the thyroid and 48 lymph nodes(cancer had gotten to some of them close to the thyroid).

After having cancer, they follow up often to ensure it does not re-occur. I was at a follow-up appointment yesterday. My surgeon and another doctor came into the examination room. As the surgeon is looking me over, he asks the other doctor to guess what my hobby is. Of course he couldn't. So the surgeon tells him that I rollerskate.

The surgeon then tells me the two most unusual questions his post-operation patients have asked is: "When can I go back to rollerskating?" (my question) & "When can I play dodge ball?" (from a 93 year old woman)

Exercise is always good for a body, but especially true after major surgery.

Keep rollin
GraySk8ter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2016, 06:35 AM   #142
larryoracing

Smile Awesome Story Gray Skater!

Sincerely,

Larry O and good health to you!
larryoracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2016, 11:32 AM   #143
Derrick

Default Changing Phylosiphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraySk8ter View Post
It has been almost a year since I was told my thyroid was cancerous. I had the operation and they removed the thyroid and 48 lymph nodes(cancer had gotten to some of them close to the thyroid).

After having cancer, they follow up often to ensure it does not re-occur. I was at a follow-up appointment yesterday. My surgeon and another doctor came into the examination room. As the surgeon is looking me over, he asks the other doctor to guess what my hobby is. Of course he couldn't. So the surgeon tells him that I rollerskate.

The surgeon then tells me the two most unusual questions his post-operation patients have asked is: "When can I go back to rollerskating?" (my question) & "When can I play dodge ball?" (from a 93 year old woman)

Exercise is always good for a body, but especially true after major surgery.

Keep rollin
I've always said, " If you can walk, you can skate." I'm changing that to, " If you can walk, you should skate."
Derrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2016, 02:22 AM   #144
Derrick

Default Saturday afternoon at Auburn Skating Station

Texting and Sakting Solved:

So, my wife texts me with four lines that essentially mean, "Get Cider".

Now, I'm acused of using too few words. So, I need to shoot back four lines that essentially mean, "OK".

But, I don't want to side line myself for that. I can handle texting and skating, but it's a bad example. So I duck to the center and do the walk-round, walk-round, free-wheel, free-wheel, wlak-round, wlak-round spin while texting. That way if I drop the phone I only kill myself. I even almost got dizzy

At one point they ran out of pvc skatemates and the floor was a mass of mates and walkers. But everyone was generally going round the right way, so I kept skating. I was totally addictd to the floor and kept staying one more song when I really should be getting the cider at the apple orchard.

Well there was only one cider left wharn I got there. We wnated ten, my wife wanted to make it hard cider. But,
I survived and the cider is delicious.
Derrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2016, 01:19 AM   #145
GraySk8ter
73 (not dead yet)

Default Foot problems & cures

Arthritis slowed me down for awhile, but no more. I wrote about the cure here:

http://www.skatelogforum.com/forums/...&postcount=111

Now I don't even need the BC asprin powder to survive a four hour session. But I did manage to develop a corn on the little toe that was very bothersome. I went through the normal removal and padding treatments with some success, but still had pain. I had my wife pick up Orajel (that's right - the stuff for rubbing on baby's gums when teething). Believe it or not, it works! I would skate until the pain was increasing and apply the orajel. Immediate relief.

So if anyone is having foot problems: be imaginative and you may discover a way to relieve the discomfort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey View Post
I am 57 and hang out with an older crowd. You should be full speed till 70 - when my friends admit they start feeling a decline. 77 is the oldest really fit guy I know.

^^This is all presuming you take care of yourself and keep at it.
I skate with a gentleman that is 81 and still going strong. So if you are able, keep going.

Keep rollin
GraySk8ter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2016, 10:04 PM   #146
MANY_SkatingDave
Skating = Tear RIFF ic

Default Kids under 5 foot then 6 foot 2

BTW, Thanks Gray I will read it later,

Anyway, a young tall man at skating last week asked me if I knew who he was and his name. Well I did, yet I cheated since I had it written down from 5 years ago or longer.

Now I could tell right away this young man of 13/14 was someone I knew since he skated so darn fast and did so darn many things that I used to show him and his dad back awhile ago. He was even showing his bro and a relative how to do fast shoot the duck. So we reconnected after quite a lapse. He is a little league baseball star winning the whole shabang at cooperstown, NY in Little League for the New England area.

Fun to see them all grown up and STILL SO talented. Now this young man was talented at 7 and he liked people. He and his family are from India.

Yours in Skating, MA/NY Skating Dave