S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Speed Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Speed Skating Forum Most of the discussions in this forum will be about inline speed skating but discussions about ice speed skating and quad roller speed skating are also welcome.

Old November 4th, 2017, 02:38 PM   #1
panch0

Default TLTF Halo 125 and Mota 125

Any of you have skated on these wheels and would like to share comments?

TLTF seems to enjoy a good reputation for being a good wheel in 110's and I wonder if the quality will transfer to 125's. Dual pour I believe? Price? 24 mm wide?

MOTA 125's I've heard that when they are new they feel great but lose their qualities VERY quickly and they go dead. Dual pour? Price? 24 mm wide?
Old November 4th, 2017, 04:47 PM   #2
reely?

Quote:
Originally Posted by panch0 View Post

TLTF seems to enjoy a good reputation for being a good wheel in 110's and I wonder if the quality will transfer to 125's. Dual pour I believe? Price? 24 mm wide?

MOTA 125's I've heard that when they are new they feel great but lose their qualities VERY quickly and they go dead. Dual pour? Price? 24 mm wide?
Hi Pancho,

Regarding mota, they did not perform as well as I expected. The Halo on the other hand skated well and is an excellent choice for $150. The wheel that has gotten my attention is the TLTF Momentum at $80 a set, see my recent post under 125s. For an unbanded wheel they are the best value on the market, and the performance is excellent to boot.

Spring, TX.
reely? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2017, 12:00 AM   #3
AZ Roadrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by panch0 View Post

Apples and Oranges. The TLTF wheel is a $25 wheel versus the MOTA at $13. The TLTF wheel is light and feels good on smooth road surfaces, the MOTA is an OK wheel for practice but that's it. I have a set of each and they feel like their price. Compared to other high end Road wheels there are others that are better IMO.
Old November 8th, 2017, 02:55 AM   #4
panch0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Roadrunner View Post
Apples and Oranges..
I wasn't really implying a comparison; more like a review from each one. I like it when you say "they feel like their price".

I've been happy with both One20Five's and MPC Black Magic. I buy Black Magics because they're cheaper. I am not really in need of saving the money but I am trying to get the better/cheaper wheel to support their bussiness hoping in the future the prices get better for everyone around the world. In that sense, I hope TLTF Halos are a better/cheaper combo for 150$... I would definitely buy them if they're comparable to Matters and MPCs.
Old November 8th, 2017, 01:54 PM   #5
chuckboucher
is skating again. WOOT!

If you like the MPC Black Magic, you may want to give the Atom Boom Magic wheels a try. Same hub, but Boom urethane. I have a set of both in XXF and prefer the Atoms over the MPCs. The urethane is faster.
chuckboucher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2017, 10:12 PM   #6
AZ Roadrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckboucher View Post
If you like the MPC Black Magic, you may want to give the Atom Boom Magic wheels a try. Same hub, but Boom urethane. I have a set of both in XXF and prefer the Atoms over the MPCs. The urethane is faster.
I agree that the Atom boom is a very good wheel and feel better than the MPC black magic. My comparison test on a semi rough road of the TLTF Halo and the Atom Boom led me to choose the Atom boom for a race, they felt better for roll and grip. I believe because the Halo has a larger hub with less urethane for the road conditions I was on. I can't say the Atom boom is better than the Matter One Twenty Five. The Matters last forever and still perform as one of the best wheels. I haven't tried the GI3 but my hunch is I'd like them even better as I prefer the 22mm wheel.

As for feel the Mota wheels feel dead compared to others but for $13 it's tough to complain. I like reely's review of the TLTF Momentum wheel, that sounds like a winner for the price.
Old November 14th, 2017, 10:55 PM   #7
Danger Racing

Hey all, To answer the questions above about TLTF Halo's

Each wheel is made just like our current 110s and 100s. They feature Dual pour Technology and our very finest highest quality Urethane.
All 125 are race profile and standard race width of 24mm.
Currently we have 3 Indoor Options, and are sold out of the Outdoor, but in the coming weeks we will re pour more for Outdoor.

For those who have tried TLTF outdoor wheels, these new wheels will feature our new XP material that is truly amazing.

Halo wheels will be $160 a set or $26.50 a wheel

There is some comments about the price point wheel. this is called the Momentum and sells currently for $78.00 a set. This is a single pour wheel, made in USA, and 100% of the best materials.

If you all have any questions please let us know
Danger Racing is offline   Reply With Quote