S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > General Interest Skating Forums > Main Skating Forum > Outdoor Trails
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Outdoor Trails Tell us about your favorite outdoor skating trails.

Old April 27th, 2010, 12:36 AM   #41
SkatingBeauty

delete

Last edited by SkatingBeauty; May 15th, 2010 at 01:14 AM. Reason: Husband asked me not to post where I skate for safety reasons
SkatingBeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 05:50 PM   #42
Deafchick
Learn It Live It Love It

I don't know if this would count but the Mount Vernon Trail in Alexandria to Arlington. I walk the trail on the weekend during my fitness training so. I would like to skate the whole 18 miles.
Deafchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2010, 05:22 PM   #43
LezSk8

Location: Longwood, Florida, 1 1/2 miles from the Seminole Wekiva Trail.

Best wishes on the Mount Vernon Trail. Relatives live near MV and I've walked it when visiting but chose to skate the neighborhood streets. The steep though short hills and trail traffic made me rule it out for skating but I know it's being done.

LezSk8!
Old November 2nd, 2010, 07:37 PM   #44
K2Sk8er
Professional Bike Chaser

we have trails all over Colorado. My favorite is one that runs from south of the city past downtown then veers off to the east. On a good day I skate from the trail head south by Chatfield reservoir all the way to Confluence Park downtown; it's about 26 miles round trip; very flat and even with all under passes - no crossing streets. I love it! I also skate Cherry Creek reservoir when I need a change of scenery. It's a quick loop; about 45 mins to an hour. A lot of skaters in Denver like to skate Washington Park; I do not. It's too bumpy and crowded; and the cyclists are really aggressive and rude. I prefer the paved trail running alongside the river!!
K2Sk8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2010, 02:33 PM   #45
jdavis042
Caffeinated Member

Default Favorite Trail in Afghanistan...

US FOB Salerno, in the Khost region of Eastern Afghanistan, just laid down smooth asphalt covering about 80% of the base roads. I skate at day break, just before foot and Military vehicle traffic picks up. I can get an hour to an hour and a half of smooth skating. During the winter the snow capped mountains of the Afghanistan/Pakistani border are breathtaking. I never in my wildest dreams, would have thought that my return to skating would be in a "War Zone".

Bliss in the center of KAOS.....
jdavis042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2011, 09:41 PM   #46
Cody

My favorite trails are definitely back in the state of Alaska, but I live in Florida now. I've found some nice ones here somewhat near the Orlando area though, like the West Orange Trail.
Cody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2018, 03:50 PM   #47
RollerDad

Default A Great Austin, Texas Trail

Hi Everybody! This is my first post, and I had to jump on this thread because I just skated a trail that I should have skated years ago.

I have been in the greater Austin, Texas area for over 20 years. Earlier this week, I went to the Veloway bike and skate trail in South Austin. It was awesome!

The trail only allows bikes and skaters - no mall walkers, no pets, no skateboards, no b.s. It was great. The trail is paved with pretty smooth asphalt / cement and there was just a little debris on the trail. The trail has a number of hills and good turns.

Best of all, water fountains, port-a-potties and lots of trees. It was beautiful. I plan to go skate it again next week when the kids are off for Xmas / winter break (one of the upsides of Austin 65F in the winter).

I was able to skate in my 103a wheels and didn't have much trouble. It was a little bumpy, but good overall....and fast. I'll probably use my 78a outdoor wheels next time.

I took some video of my trip. I'll come back and post some photos / video later. Here it is on TrailLink - https://www.traillink.com/trail/veloway-trail/.

It was in the middle of the week, so no one was there. If you are in Austin or ever visit, I highly recommend it.
RollerDad is offline   Reply With Quote