S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Quad Roller Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quad Roller Skating Forum Discussions about quad roller skates and any other quad skating discussions that do not seem appropriate for one of our other forums.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 6th, 2019, 03:33 PM   #1
ccsykes

Default Laser Skate Plate vs Suregrip Avenger Plate

I wanted to make this post for future skaters, since I would have loved to find such a post when I was doing my google searching.

I got back into skating in the summer of 2017 after some 25 years. Like many, I wanted to build my old setup, so I went with all the old school goodies including a Laser SA setup. The only things different were I didn't have Fafnir bearings and my Labeda Turbo's..

After months of trying every hard to find OEM cushion and adjustment I could muster, I finally got my skates to roll in a manner I felt confident on. But I never had the level of confidence or agility I remember having.

Yesterday, I built me a second set of skates. Pretty much same everything, except this time I went with a Suregrip Avenger DA45 plate, the lighter mag one. I only had to adjust the skates one time after hitting the floor.

The difference between the two plates is like comparing the suspension of a 1970 VW Bug to that of a 2019 Porsche 911 GT3. Seriously. It's like my whole skating experience has changed.

So if you stumble across this post, do yourself a favor. Ditch the nostalgia and get a modern setup..

ccsykes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
laser plate, laser skate, suregrip avenger plate