S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Speed Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Speed Skating Forum Most of the discussions in this forum will be about inline speed skating but discussions about ice speed skating and quad roller speed skating are also welcome.

Old June 17th, 2012, 08:21 PM   #1
2old2sk8t

Default Back in the saddle

Hi All,

Just thought I'd check in and say 'hi' after a long absence. I've been lurking a lot for the past year or so, but didn't feel like posting, since I've been sidelined until recently with unexplained sinus and pulmonary problems. It got to the point where I couldn't even walk down the block without coughing and gasping for air. Long story short.... After many doctor visits, tests, and treatments, I'm pretty much back to normal.

I've been skating regularly since March and boy does it feel good! It's been a slow process getting my stamina and strength back, but I'm almost there. Even my crappy form is starting to improve!

Anyway, it's soooo nice to be back on skates, and still loving my Bont Z's.

2old
Old June 17th, 2012, 09:27 PM   #2
PBLsQuad450

Great to see you back and skating! Good luck, I hope normal gets here quickly and your health is all downhill from here. And thanks, you helped me a lot in my decision to get my own Z's and I love them! I went traditional 3 point. Those posts and threads were super informative.
Old June 17th, 2012, 09:37 PM   #3
Brianwheelies
Fun on 2 wheels or eight!

Was wondering what happened. You as well as Bill in Houston dropped off of the SELF planet.

Are you gearing up for NY this year?
Brianwheelies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2012, 10:31 PM   #4
2old2sk8t

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBLsQuad450 View Post
Great to see you back and skating! Good luck, I hope normal gets here quickly and your health is all downhill from here. And thanks, you helped me a lot in my decision to get my own Z's and I love them! I went traditional 3 point. Those posts and threads were super informative.
Thanks and you're welcome, PBL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianwheelies
Are you gearing up for NY this year?
That's my goal at this point. I hated having to skip it last year. How are things with you lately? You get your new boots yet? Z? Jet?
Old June 18th, 2012, 01:13 AM   #5
Brianwheelies
Fun on 2 wheels or eight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2old2sk8t View Post
That's my goal at this point. I hated having to skip it last year. How are things with you lately? You get your new boots yet? Z? Jet?
I am good. Started cycling which is more fun than I thought it would be.

Went with the Jet and it will be here in a week's time. It has been an excellent experience so far with everything going according to plan.

If the Jet works well I plan on trying Bont's next top line offering once the right to use them has been earned.

Good to see you back and I will try and make NY this year as well. We will have to go up a class.
Brianwheelies is offline   Reply With Quote