S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Other Forums > Off-Topic Discussions
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic Discussions You can use this forum to talk about any non-skating topic you want.

Old September 17th, 2018, 11:16 AM   #1
quantoo

Talking admit which news you believe

selective hurricane only hits a 2 metre radius.
https://www.news.com.au/world/north-...d8a7e6eafcc963
quantoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2018, 12:15 AM   #2
quantoo

Default no takers ? ie: crickets

accurate precise and up to the minute?
any wonder trump uses the fake news statement so often.
no such thing as a good honest living is there?
Old September 22nd, 2018, 10:30 AM   #3
rwsz

have to report mostly bad news or nobody will watch it, also really spice it up
Old September 22nd, 2018, 06:59 PM   #4
fierocious1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwsz View Post
have to report mostly bad news or nobody will watch it, also really spice it up
Some people thrive on chaos and turmoil.... the more dust, lies and crap they can throw, the more they feel like pigs in a mud hole.
Old September 23rd, 2018, 12:48 AM   #5
ursle
Street Skater

I admit, I believe news from factual sources, facts are fact checkable.

The op is alarmed about a weatherman with a proven track history of drama and innuendo, heís acting, itís the weather.

Letís just go with facts.

To be specific, the entertainment channel that is being used as a source by the present administration is not allowed on the air in Canada or Europe, none of their reporting is fact checkable, itís an entertainment channel, nothing more, this storm will pass, just because the leader of the free world had outright lied 5000 times on record, a fact.....doesnít make any difference, truth is all that matters, living in a world of lies is akin to being a cancerous tumor, just cut it (the tumor) out and go on living in reality.

I was hoping this thread would just wither, that the opís grade school children would explain facts vs lies, but here we go.
ursle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2018, 08:10 PM   #6
rufusprime99
Ninja Naked Mole Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantoo View Post
selective hurricane only hits a 2 metre radius.
https://www.news.com.au/world/north-...d8a7e6eafcc963
LOL

I too noticed what some noted. He was not leaning into the wind but away from it. ???
Old October 7th, 2018, 12:38 AM   #7
quantoo

Default ursle many people would have swallowed that weather report

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufusprime99 View Post
LOL

I too noticed what some noted. He was not leaning into the wind but away from it. ???
crisis actors cnn .LOL
alanjones fake news exposures.lol
All ignored by selective fact finder ursle .lol
Cant have it both ways,cant have it both ways.
Old October 11th, 2018, 05:06 PM   #8
Joey
Powerslide Hardcore EVO

News is an entertainment venue designed to sell ad space just like any other TV program. They carefully choose their dogma to attract certain followers - the dumber the better - and then tailor commercials to sell stuff to those viewers. It's strictly business. The talking heads are just actors getting paid to spin stories and appeal to viewers.

I prefer MSNBC's evening crew, especially Lawrence. On FOX i enjoy The Five. Can't stand Hannity but I usually give him 10 minutes as I find it entertaining how he can come up with so much total bu!!$4it twist on things. One in ten times I might agree with him on some trivial matter. This disturbs me.

Understand this: I look at this stuff as entertainment. Period.

OK...my favorite news channel is The Weather Channel. They tend to overdo the drama but I enjoy watching them and generally learn something. I do not watch their "filler" shows. Only the actual weather that is happening right now or coming soon.

This is still true today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHimia_Fxzs

Don Henley - Dirty Laundry. Perfect news song! Timeless. Exactly how I view the "news".
Old October 11th, 2018, 06:07 PM   #9
bjvircks
Major Trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey View Post
News is an entertainment venue designed to sell ad space just like any other TV program.... It's strictly business...

Can I get an "AMEN" from the congregation! This goes for the 'cables'- FOX, CNN, MSNBC and all regular 'broadcast' outlets and print media.

At one time news departments were allowed to be independent of influence and just report any and all news. It was an accepted fact that they were a net financial loss to the organization. Broadcasters and publishers knew full well they needed to make up for the newsroom loss in other more profitable sectors of their organizations.

Then decisions were made to make newsrooms carry their own weight. When this happened objective reporting was abandoned in favor of "reporting" driven by the unhealthy confluence of ratings and advertiser dollars.

This trend was further exacerbated by the introduction of cable "news" channels that had free reign to tailor content to niche demographics.

Today's news landscape is wholesale "Caveat Emptor"... buyer beware. But in this case it is "news consumer- use critical thinking at all times".

I think a lot of people are not understanding that a lot of what is being watched today is not "reporting" but rather "opinion - editorial" discussion. "OpEd" was never intended to be reporting but rather examination, interpretation, explanation. Again, lots of Caveat Emptor must be applied.

Where I get scared is where people completely disengage their mind from critical thinking and never look at some story or "fact" to wonder 'Hmmm.... this just doesn't smell right.' and look deeper. This demographic is snowballing at such an accelerating rate that I am really scared that we are approaching the real world version of the movie Idiocracy. I really hope I'm wrong... but it doesn't look that way.
Old October 12th, 2018, 01:28 AM   #10
Joey
Powerslide Hardcore EVO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjvircks View Post
Where I get scared is where people completely disengage their mind from critical thinking and never look at some story or "fact" to wonder 'Hmmm.... this just doesn't smell right.' and look deeper. This demographic is snowballing at such an accelerating rate that I am really scared that we are approaching the real world version of the movie Idiocracy. I really hope I'm wrong... but it doesn't look that way.
You want actual News, you have to read. A LOT! And a lot of different sources. Most foreign news is easily translated. Then you have to be smart enough to separate fact from fiction by doing even MORE READING.

TV is not to be trusted for unbiased facts. Even when they get the facts correct they spin it so hard it gets difficult to recognize. And TV is so time consuming because they want you looking at as many commercials as possible. Reading is so much faster.
Old October 12th, 2018, 01:45 AM   #11
bjvircks
Major Trouble

Quote:
You want actual News, you have to read. A LOT! And a lot of different sources.
and then, after reading you need to actually COMPREHEND and place into LEGITIMATE CONTEXT what you've read.
Old October 12th, 2018, 02:56 AM   #12
quantoo

Default LOL

Quote:
News is an entertainment venue designed to sell ad space just like any other TV program. They carefully choose their dogma to attract certain followers - the dumber the better - and then tailor commercials to sell stuff to those viewers. It's strictly business. The talking heads are just actors getting paid to spin stories and appeal to viewers.

I prefer MSNBC's evening crew, especially Lawrence. On FOX i enjoy The Five. Can't stand Hannity but I usually give him 10 minutes as I find it entertaining how he can come up with so much total bu!!$4it twist on things. One in ten times I might agree with him on some trivial matter. This disturbs me.

OK...my favorite news channel is The Weather Channel. They tend to overdo the drama but I enjoy watching them and generally learn something. I do not watch their "filler" shows. Only the actual weather that is happening right now or coming soon.

This is still true today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHimia_Fxzs

Don Henley - Dirty Laundry. Perfect news song! Timeless. Exactly how I view the "news".
very much like politics!
will it ever end?
No difference in hundreds of years,worsjhip the royals ,anyone in power and it will all be just fine.
Start complaining ,bring those to justice and they call another war every time.
Old October 12th, 2018, 03:05 AM   #13
quantoo

Default twists and turns to confuse the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjvircks View Post
and then, after reading you need to actually COMPREHEND and place into LEGITIMATE CONTEXT what you've read.
Reminds me of war torn familys ive met that spoke the truth.
I defended american citizens again the other day.
These guys were saying americans are dumb/patriotic ,etc.
I repled not most the ones i talk to ,the ones i talk to are patriotic to the cutizens of the usa not the govt of the usa.
You need uncle sam to rope you into a fight that somebodey else cojured up.NOT.no disrespect intended but we should know better in this age
People are fighting each other over money, just the way the powerfull like it.
Everyone would get further if they stuck together imho.
Old October 16th, 2018, 09:12 PM   #14
Edward Williams
Still Learning...

I don't beLIEve any of it.
Old October 16th, 2018, 11:44 PM   #15
BPTS
I made your Mom blush....

I have found the most accurate and verifiable news sources to be from a number of forums and blogs, many with first hand resources that are credible.
Sometimes you have to glean through a bunch of BS but you can drill down and get some solid info.

Agreed that the MSM is entertainment for the sheeple.