S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Slalom Cone Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Slalom Cone Skating Forum Discussions about slalom cone skating, high-jump, and other freestyle trick skating. (Note that vert, street, and park skating discussions should be posted in our aggressive skating forum.)

Old August 11th, 2014, 07:17 PM   #121
DAN4x8

I think it's time for me also to introduce here

Name: Daniel
Equipment for slalom: Seba High Light
Favorite slalom trick: Too much a beginner to have already a fav :S
Events: none
How long skating and slaloming: Figure Ice Skating ~3 years, fitness skating ~1 year and slalom...well...1 week (around an hour a day - as long as it doesn't rain)
Other info: I started ice skating as a child and I absolutely hated it... maaany years later I started again and I love it...then one summer I thought it may be a good idea for some recreational skates...and then i stumbled across the slalom videos that totally hooked me
DAN4x8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2014, 07:02 PM   #122
Shaw

Welcome, Daniel!
Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2014, 02:38 PM   #123
brennenthomas89

Lightbulb Brennen Thomas

Name: Brennen Thomas
Equipment for slalom: Flying Eagle X2+
Favorite slalom trick: Crazy Legs
Events: Hopefully this year
How long slaloming:started Few months back
Other: I enjoy all forms of skating, but lately slalom has attracted me the most ;-) Naomi Grigg is my Favorite

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbUJT...m1lEHKjwOUw6Jg
Old August 21st, 2014, 02:31 AM   #124
enrooted

Oh...here, me! I wanna!

Name: Lena
Equipment for slalom: Seba Trix 2 <3
Favourite slalom trick: Guys...I am just starting out T_T
Events?: Not even close. But I have stage fright so not sure if I'll ever get myself to compete, even if I could
How long skating & slaloming: 6 years skating, 6 years no skating, just starting out again, slalom included
Other info: I need someone to teach me stuffs in Germany...anyone...? ._.
enrooted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2014, 09:43 AM   #125
Akema

Name: Jamie
Equipment for slalom: Seba Trix 2
Favourite slalom trick: Also just started with slalom so unsure of trick names
Events?: Not entered any slalom events
How long skating & slaloming: Skated for about 6 years during the late 90s, mostly transitions, skateparks and the odd bit of street. Always enjoyed toe rolls and stuff and now im getting back on the blades im keen to specificly learn slalom.
Other info: Been riding flatland bmx the past ten years and i kinda see some similaritys between the two, interested to see what spinny balance points i can learn in slalom.
Akema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2014, 09:52 PM   #126
Egrinberg1

Hi, please let me know if anybody knows any slalom teacher in ny for boy 11 years old. Thanks in advance.
Egrinberg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2014, 11:13 PM   #127
Egrinberg1

Hi, please let me know if anybody knows any slalom teacher in ny for boy 11 years old. Thanks in advance.
Egrinberg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2015, 01:52 PM   #128
Rattie

Name: Martyn
Equipment for slalom: Seba iGor
Favourite slalom trick: Snake for now
Events?: None yet
How long skating & slaloming: Also skated for about 6 years during the late 90s. Mainly for transport but with some tricks and a few grinds. Helped set up blading society at uni. Recently got back into it, discovered I hadn't forgotten anything major. Teaching running friends.
Picking up Freestyle slalom, for the sheer beauty of it.

Last edited by Rattie; February 27th, 2015 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Bold
Rattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2015, 06:05 AM   #129
shesk8

Name: Shesk8
Equipment for slalom: Seba iGor(after hubby convinced me)
Favorite slalom trick: got the backwards crosses down, working on crazy's and a few others. not quite ready to turn my self loose to mix up tricks yet.
Events: ha,ha,.... not planning on it, though got my first ever $ tip while skating this weekend.
How long skating and slaloming: the past 2 years, on/off between speed ice, speed roller, and just plain 'ole blading.
Other info: like to mix things up with the wheel slalom and using inline-ice blades during winter - they are very similar in their feel and hook right up to the igors.
shesk8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2015, 10:00 AM   #130
Oicusk82huh

Hi Shesk8. You sound like you like any and all types of skating. You probably board and ski out there too right (just as much fun).
I have a question about those blade that hook up to Sebas. Are they a hockey blade or a toothed blade? The reason I ask is because I was wondering if you can go up on your toes on hockey ice skates? I just don't know as I've never worn any hockey (ice) skates. Thanks.
Oicusk82huh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2015, 02:34 PM   #131
Rattie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oicusk82huh View Post
I have a question about those blade that hook up to Sebas. Are they a hockey blade or a toothed blade? The reason I ask is because I was wondering if you can go up on your toes on hockey ice skates? I just don't know as I've never worn any hockey (ice) skates. Thanks.
Do you mean these? http://www.inlineiceblades.com/
If so, they aren't Seba specific, and will fit most 8mm axle freestyle frames. there is info about the variants on the site, and yes they do seem to do a figure blade.

As you can see from the pictures, they each have four alloy adapters that fit the frames as if they were wheels with bearings and spacers. The blade is clamped by these, though one hole and three slots. These slots allow for different frame lengths.

@Shesk8, I didn't think any of the variants will fit on the the Igor's rockered frame though, so would need a flat frame to take them. Did you find different? Or did you pick up Igors with the old flat frames?
Old March 17th, 2015, 03:39 AM   #132
shesk8

Oicusk82huh - you do need a flat frame to mount them. we both have flat frames for our ice blades. they currently make a freestyle, aggressive, hockey and figure model(has picks). yes, you can get up on your toes, it's a little weird at first, then you adapt pretty easily. I used to try ice slalom with figure skates and found the darn pick and flatter radius to be cumbersome. had these on my older RB's a while ago, and have since mounted them to the igor.

Inline Ice Transformers

we carry the freestyle & aggressive models. I presumed most folks that do hockey or figure will opt to get dedicated skates for those sports.

shesk8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2015, 04:52 PM   #133
Rattie

Nice!
Old April 21st, 2015, 08:10 PM   #134
Icho32

Default Introduction

Name: Nicholas

Equipment: Seba High Light, just bough a pair of 2015's

Favorite Slalom Trick: Probably the Sun and Crazy variants because I get alot of good looks from passersby when Im practicing those moves...also its about the most difficult trick I can do right now.

Events: I am attending the WSS event Portland coming up in a couple of weeks!! I'm excited for the workshops. Hopefully I can get a good direction for my practice this summer.

How long skating and Slaloming:I bought a old pair of Chicago hockey skates from the GoodWill last June (11 months ago). That was really my first time on skates besides a couple times going to the skating rink in middle school. I have been skating pretty much every sunny day since then, and have made equipment upgrades. Winters around here are difficult.
Icho32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2015, 09:51 PM   #135
GregT

Welcome to the message board, Nicholas.

Good luck in Portland!
GregT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2015, 02:47 PM   #136
uniglider

Default Atlanta Georgia Inliner

Hi, My name is Rodney. I skate in Atlanta, Georgia. I mostly skate freestyle and occasionally do some slalom, I do the occasional jump, but basically just like skating around obstacles and getting a good workout. I skate in Piedmont Park, Beltway, Silver Comet Trail and various paved trails in North Atlanta. I mostly wear Seba Highs (2012 model), which I absolutely love. (once I got past break in period). I do some speed skating on Powerslide C8's, but mostly prefer just freestyling around.
uniglider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2015, 06:27 AM   #137
cloudofsound

Default slalom

Name: claire
Equipment for slalom: Seba FR2
Just started really, bought Naomi Griggs book The Art Of Falling and watching stuff on youtube and stumbling along on my own. But it all fascinates me
cloudofsound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2015, 11:24 PM   #138
Quadster
Smooth Roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudofsound View Post
Just started really, bought Naomi Griggs book The Art Of Falling and watching stuff on youtube and stumbling along on my own. But it all fascinates me
Welcome, and good luck with your slalom.

It can be tough keeping motivated when skating on your own, but hopefully online videos and discussions will keep you enthused and help you to progress.
Quadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2015, 09:29 AM   #139
kev0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudofsound View Post
Should check out Slalom Skating Australia facebook page! If you have any questions people on that page will definitely answer
kev0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2015, 11:29 AM   #140
Loya

Hey, new member here

Name: Loya
Equipment for slalom: Powerslide Imperial with 4 83A stock wheels and 4 85A Gyro wheels (banana rocker).
Favourite slalom trick: Well it was the Mabrouk up until I started really practising it around 80mm-spaced-apart cones yesterday. Suddenly all the feels and fun in it have scarpered, along with my fluidity! So now it has to be the backwards crisscross, as that one still feels good. I can't wait for more cool sensations as I learn how to do much more impressive-looking tricks, though...
Events?: One day, maybe...
How long skating & slaloming: I started skating about 13 months ago, but have only skated for 5 or 6 months within that time. Have been learning slalom for the past 3.
Other: I am the only skater in my area (but as slalom is so addictive, the loneliness is no deterrent) so I am learning using Naomi's awesome The Art of Falling and YouTube videos.
Loya is offline   Reply With Quote