S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Aggressive Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Aggressive Skating Forum Discussions about any topic related to vert skating, skatepark tricks, aggressive street skating, action sports events, and the aggressive skating lifestyle.

Old September 23rd, 2015, 10:47 PM   #1
inlineskateroldschool

Default What is mushroom blading?

I've been skating since...oh...92isch and have done pretty much everything on blades such as rec., aggresive, speed, slalom but until now haven't heard of mushroom blading.

Maybe it's just me and I'm getting old or ignorant (or both), but where did this come from (it's origin), what's a wizard setup and do I need this frame in order to do all those fancy tricks? What's so unique about the frame?

Don't get me wrong, I've seen the videos and all, and it poetry to me
inlineskateroldschool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2015, 03:08 PM   #2
Foot2big
The Elder Skatesman

Mushroom blading is just weird aggressive skating. Their first Video had all kinds of drugs and trippy stuff on the cover. They're just really good bladers who dabble in other than mainstream aggressive blading. It pissed a lot of old school pro's off, so they ran with that genre... lol

The wizard frame, in my opinion, is way over priced. 800 bucks? Pass...

I do nearly the same thing on a kizer level3 powerblade frame with 80mm wheels. Any taller wheel, and my tricks suffer.
Old October 25th, 2015, 11:26 PM   #3
TdeM

I skated on some 100mm Wizard frames a while ago.

Although the wheels are giant, the frame is rockered giving very high maneuverability, much more than a standard 84mm frame for example. The third wheel from the front is the lowest.

The experience is definitely something unique. Fast and stable, highly maneuverable. It opens up a lot more tricks and fun stuff even just rolling around on the flat. Almost like ice skating. If I lived in a city I would definitely consider buying them.
TdeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2015, 06:22 PM   #4
Foot2big
The Elder Skatesman

I've got kizer level 3 pb frames with 4 flat 80mm's, and then a rollerblade UFS frame a hair longer that I have 90mm's in. The difference in height between the two is drastic. Mine recess, and indeed I had to take the dremel after the skate's soulplates to make them work.
Both have their use, the 80's for neighborhood and rink ratting, 90's for the bike trails and long haul use. They both suck so bad in the bowls however that it's down right dangerous. I'm on 72'mm UC wheels now, tri-rockered, and that seems to be perfect for my needs, both in the bowls and in a city setting.

The problem I see with the wizards and the 100's are that the wheels protrude from the toe and the heel similar in length to my Rollerblade 5x84 speed skates. Crossover stepping, flipping around fakie etc... is just not fun for me. YRMV tho.