S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Speed Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Speed Skating Forum Most of the discussions in this forum will be about inline speed skating but discussions about ice speed skating and quad roller speed skating are also welcome.

Old August 31st, 2006, 02:51 PM   #1
Pepper Montana

Default Free Speed on Skates from Amazon.com

Amazon has an offer for $30 worth of credit if you sign up for the Amazon visa card. I ordered Speed on Skates on Friday and the book arrived yesterday. Very cool. In another thread someone is saying that there is some other resource that is supposedly better. Put that into the category of things that I wish that I had known earlier.

The credit card offer is typical. 6 months no interest and then it jumps to 18% My plan is to get the goods and rip the card up!

So with my $30 I ordered the Publow book and the 30th anniversary two disc version of Schoolhouse Rock. This is going to be great!
Pepper Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2006, 03:29 PM   #2
Jon B.
Adamant Jello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Morgan View Post
Amazon has an offer for $30 worth of credit if you sign up for the Amazon visa card. I ordered Speed on Skates on Friday and the book arrived yesterday. Very cool. In another thread someone is saying that there is some other resource that is supposedly better. Put that into the category of things that I wish that I had known earlier.

The credit card offer is typical. 6 months no interest and then it jumps to 18% My plan is to get the goods and rip the card up!

So with my $30 I ordered the Publow book and the 30th anniversary two disc version of Schoolhouse Rock. This is going to be great!
Amazon frequently does special offers like this, I got $30.00 off my Garmin by applying for the credit card. I haven't cut mine up, but I could, because I never use it off line. The nice part for me is that now when I buy off of Amazon they already have my credit card info and that's how I pay for my goods. I never roll balances on my credit cards, ANY OF THEM. Pay everything off EVERY month, doing otherwise is the surest way to hopeless indebtedness and one of the most devastating diseases in this country. I would recommend everyone look on Amazon first before buying anything just to see how much they have it for. I buy all of my Power Gels/GU's there at 18.00 - 19.00 per case. JB
Jon B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2006, 03:47 PM   #3
speedysktr
President of Everything

Dmorg, the other book is out of print and it's specifically for ice speed skating. Publow's has much more useful information for the average inline speed skater. I was just stirring the pot.
speedysktr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2006, 08:32 PM   #4
Pepper Montana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon B. View Post
I buy all of my Power Gels/GU's there at 18.00 - 19.00 per case. JB
Thanks for the heads up! I will look there. I would like to start using those more frequently.
Pepper Montana is offline   Reply With Quote