S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Quad Roller Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quad Roller Skating Forum Discussions about quad roller skates and any other quad skating discussions that do not seem appropriate for one of our other forums.

Old October 4th, 2018, 03:11 AM   #1
Mystralhawk

Default Poor Roll-Line Quality Control?

Howdy everyone, just wanted to give everyone a heads up of my recent Roll-Line purchase and what appears to be a lack of quality control.

I purchased some Roll-Line Killer plates for the wife's new skates and it appears that they just grabbed a pair of Evo frames, tried to cover up the Evo design on it, and then just re-etched the Killer logo on top of it.

On one plate, you can clearly see that the white cover up section doesn't fully cover the "EVO" logo.

On the other plate, you can see that they were able to cover up the "EVO" logo, but at certain angles, you can see it underneath.

Obviously on both, instead of a "nice" (I'm not a fan of the guns as Ls) Killer logo in white on the aluminum, it's this weird white block that isn't too defined.

Anyways, I know it's purely cosmetic and the wife doesn't mind... but not something I would expect for the amount of money spent for them.

Just want to give you all a heads up!

Last edited by Mystralhawk; October 4th, 2018 at 03:13 AM. Reason: Photo tags
Mystralhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2018, 06:50 AM   #2
Oicusk82huh

Which website did you buy them from?
Oicusk82huh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2018, 07:05 AM   #3
rufusprime99
Ninja Naked Mole Rat

Bad Roll Line Quality????

The End is Here.....
Old October 4th, 2018, 12:17 PM   #4
Mystralhawk

Got a response from Roll-Line.

Quote:
Dear Mystralhawk,

thank you for contact us

we are very sorry for this…it happened that there was a mistake in the stamp step of the plate, and the production machine printed the logo Evo instead of the right one of the Killer…

please could you le t me know where did you buy these two Killer plates size 130 and 145?

Thanks

Regards
-

Walter Vaschetti

Marketing Manager
Old October 5th, 2018, 11:38 AM   #5
Mystralhawk

So this just in, Roll-Line's Sales Manager supposedly reached out to his boss and they are arranging for a replacement.

They're going to work with the vendor I purchased from and will see what the next steps will be. The vendor said he's been working with them since I notified the both of them and requested that I wait until Monday to hear what the solution will be. The challenge is that I purchased from a UK vendor, so shipping it back may be annoying. But hopefully the vendor and the manufacturer can come to an arrangement where they can cover shipping.
Old October 5th, 2018, 06:08 PM   #6
Mort
Sk8 Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystralhawk View Post
So this just in, Roll-Line's Sales Manager supposedly reached out to his boss and they are arranging for a replacement.

They're going to work with the vendor I purchased from and will see what the next steps will be. The vendor said he's been working with them since I notified the both of them and requested that I wait until Monday to hear what the solution will be. The challenge is that I purchased from a UK vendor, so shipping it back may be annoying. But hopefully the vendor and the manufacturer can come to an arrangement where they can cover shipping.
Since it is the right plates, just a decal, ask for extra cushions as a trade off so you don't need to ship anything lol. Get some free stuff . Fuction over form. Their cushions aren't cheap.
Old October 6th, 2018, 02:51 AM   #7
kcire10

LOL you had me pulling out my roll line plates and checking them out.
kcire10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2018, 11:12 AM   #8
rwsz

so theres no difference in the plate at all?
Old October 7th, 2018, 06:53 AM   #9
Slinkydog

Roll-Line plates having little to no difference from their other offerings seems to be a common theme. For example, the Energy/Mistral are the same plate, except that the Mistral is slightly heavier. Also, the Giotto is the same plate as the Energy/Mistral, only with the toe stop option removed for figures. Same with the Dance/Ring (and probably the Spin, but haven't confirmed). They are a great product though, and why fundamentally change the plate if it works well for multiple disciplines with only slight modifications.
Slinkydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2018, 03:16 PM   #10
Mystralhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mort View Post
Since it is the right plates, just a decal, ask for extra cushions as a trade off so you don't need to ship anything lol. Get some free stuff . Fuction over form. Their cushions aren't cheap.
Might be a good idea. I'm going to see what the seller works out with Roll-Line and see what makes sense. Might see if I can get some extra toe stops too.
Old October 7th, 2018, 03:17 PM   #11
Mystralhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcire10 View Post
LOL you had me pulling out my roll line plates and checking them out.
A fellow derby ref mate also checked his after I told him.
Old October 7th, 2018, 04:02 PM   #12
Dec8rSk8r

Looks like they stickered some Rings at a glance. I might have to pull out my plates to check them out too.
Dec8rSk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2018, 03:08 PM   #13
FanJet8
Shadow Sk8r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slinkydog View Post
Roll-Line plates having little to no difference from their other offerings seems to be a common theme. For example, the Energy/Mistral are the same plate, except that the Mistral is slightly heavier. Also, the Giotto is the same plate as the Energy/Mistral, only with the toe stop option removed for figures. Same with the Dance/Ring (and probably the Spin, but haven't confirmed). They are a great product though, and why fundamentally change the plate if it works well for multiple disciplines with only slight modifications.
I believe the difference is in the aluminum they use for each plate......
FanJet8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2018, 08:22 PM   #14
Slinkydog

Yep, that's why the Mistral is heavier than the Energy. Different aluminium. But in the case of the Energy vs the Giotto and the Dance vs the Ring, it's not different aluminium, it's that they machined the toe stop mounts off for figure purposes.
Slinkydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:09 PM   #15
Mystralhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dec8rSk8r View Post
Looks like they stickered some Rings at a glance. I might have to pull out my plates to check them out too.
Hey there, the shadow behind the stamp definitely says EVO.
Old Yesterday, 03:12 PM   #16
Mystralhawk

So heads up, I mailed back my plates and waiting for them to get there before the vendor will ship the replacement.

Roll-Line Sales Manager has given his assurance that the new plate does not have the same issue.

Vendor I purchased from requested that I provide them a receipt of how much it costs for me to ship and they will reimburse me (and bill Roll-Line).

So just waiting now. But generally speaking, it's nice that Roll-Line is owning up and replacing the plate. Just sucks that they didn't catch this before leaving the factory.
Old Yesterday, 09:34 PM   #17
Doc Sk8
Yankee Catfish

Exclamation Weight diff due to alloy??

Ergal (7075) is 27.8 gm/cc. Avional (2024) is 28.1gm/cc. That is a ∆ of 0.3 gm/cc. I doubt one could tell the difference without a balance.