S k a t e L o g     F o r u m

Closed in June of 2020

SKATELOG DOT COM: Web Site | Blog | Facebook |    

Home

*** The SkateLog Forum Has Been Replaced by SkateDebate Dot Com ***

FROM SKATELOG FORUM HOST KATHIE FRY IN MARCH OF 2020:
This announcement is to let everyone know that after hosting the SkateLog Forum and its predecessors for nearly 20 years, I have decided it is time to permanently turn the forum over to a new owner and administrator. I cannot think of anyone more suitable to take on that role than my SkateLog forum co-host, Florida skater Jessica Wright. I am pleased to announce that Jessica has agreed to establish and host a brand new skating forum, configured like the SkateLog Forum, but with a new name and a new Web Site. This new forum is 100% owned and operated by Jessica.

NEW FORUM NAME: SkateDebate Forum
NEW WEB SITE: SkateDebate.com
NEW OWNER AND ADMINISTRATOR: Jessica Wright
REGISTER IN JESSICA'S FORUM: Create a SkateDebate Forum User Name

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Roller Dance and Session Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Roller Dance and Session Skating Forum Discussions about roller dancing, jamskating, rexing, rink session skating, dance circle skating, and similar types of recreational indoor and outdoor skate dancing .

Old August 4th, 2009, 03:54 AM   #1
JaysGirl86
Back in my skates again!!

Thumbs up Hey everyone in the Lancaster/Palmdale CA areas!!

Remember Holiday Skate near the 14 fwy in Lancaster? I think it was near Ave I & 23rd St? It was literally falling apart inside & finally closed.

Well, someone bought it & it is re-opening under the name SkatePlex USA at the end of August. We talked to one of the new owners & he said they are renovating it right now with plans to open in late August...running full force in September!!

yay! I cannot wait to go & check it out!

If you want any info the number they have listed is 661-942-5555
[COLOR="Indigo"]Riedell 295 Kangaroo leather boot[/COLOR]
Black Satellite plate
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Orange Witch Doctors[/COLOR]
JaysGirl86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2009, 07:48 AM   #2
diagetus

Yeah, it's been awhile, but the rink was on the ropes when I visited too. Good to hear that they will be renovating. Do you know if the surface will be wood?
diagetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2009, 07:16 AM   #3
JaysGirl86

I hope they will have the good sense to put in a nice maple floor. I guess we will find out in a few weeks. I drove by the other day & the outside is looking much better. I did not go inside, though.
Black Satellite plate
Old August 16th, 2009, 09:02 PM   #4
Mystic
SWM So Cal

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaysGirl86 View Post
Remember Holiday Skate near the 14 fwy in Lancaster? I think it was near Ave I & 23rd St? It was literally falling apart inside & finally closed.

Well, someone bought it & it is re-opening under the name SkatePlex USA at the end of August. We talked to one of the new owners & he said they are renovating it right now with plans to open in late August...running full force in September!!
Hey Cat. Long time. I was surprised to see this thread. One, because I think you and I are the only folks in the AV here. I'm not sure about diagetus. You should PM me this stuff I almost missed it. Two, I thought that rink would never open back up. It needs so much work. Last time I was there before each session somebody would have to walk the floor and jump up and down on the tiles that were pealing up. They even had caution tape around a few spots on the floor where the tiles would not stay down. So I would have to assume the new folks would need to put in a new floor. I don't even care what kind as long as it not tile.

Find out when opening night is. I'll be there.

www.socalskatingreviews.com
Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2009, 09:52 PM   #5
JaysGirl86

Yeah, in hindsight I should've PMd you. Just didn't really think about it. I'll let you know when I find out about opening day, but you can also call them & ask anything you want. That's what my friend & I did. it is 661-942-5555 & the guy I talked to was very willing to talk about it.

Fingers crossed for a great rink The last two times I went skating we drove to Holiday Skate in Victorville.

Exciting stuff here in the AV
Black Satellite plate
Old August 18th, 2009, 06:31 AM   #6
Mystic
SWM So Cal

As soon as I read your post I drove straight over there. I most have chit chatted with Kurt and his wife for a hour. Their focus will be mostly hockey, but they will have normal public sessions too.

The good news is they don't plan on playing all hip hop like the old owners, the bad news is they are planning on keep that horrible sport court tile floor.

I think the reason the old place went out of business is the bad floor. So I'm worried if they don't update the floor the end result will be the same.

Old August 18th, 2009, 08:02 AM   #7
diagetus

Quote:
One, because I think you and I are the only folks in the AV here. I'm not sure about diagetus.
Yeah, I just visited the rink once and I like to keep abreast of rinks I skated. I'm not in the area. Always like to hear about a rink that bounces back though. Most of them don't have resilience.
Old August 19th, 2009, 06:43 PM   #8
JaysGirl86

I can't believe they are keeping that crappy floor.

Are they replacing it with the same thing or keeping the floor that is in disrepair? Hopefully they will at least replace it. But that stinks that it will still be sport tiles.
Ugh...well it will be interesting to see what happens.

Could you see what they are changing? I drove by there but I think it was at an off time because it was closed up.

Thanks for the info. LMK if you are going to a session to check it out & we'll try to go, too. Did he say if they will have a website or anything?
Black Satellite plate
Old October 15th, 2009, 07:29 PM   #9
Mystic
SWM So Cal

Just thought I'd mention that they are not really done with the construction, but if you come by on Friday nights from 7-10pm they are letting the public in and I think Weds 7-9pm for pick up hockey.

Old October 16th, 2009, 06:50 AM   #10
diagetus

How is it looking Mystic? Did they put new carpet in or repaint? Just curious about what they did in terms of renovation...

Tags
lancaster, palmdale