S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Slalom Cone Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Slalom Cone Skating Forum Discussions about slalom cone skating, high-jump, and other freestyle trick skating. (Note that vert, street, and park skating discussions should be posted in our aggressive skating forum.)

Old June 15th, 2018, 05:10 AM   #1
Jords

Default How to do Toe-Toe Jumping X???

G'day,

I wanna do this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pspxe4n_ICE

How do I do it, please? I can do Jumping X proficently through 80cm and 50cm! I just... idk I keep knocking everything over or going back to flat jumps when I go on toes. SO I begin on a 50cm line of 20 cones and do the first 10 cones normal jumping X then do next 10 on my toes. Doesn't work. I've been doing this for months. There has to be some shortcut, other than repeating the same attempt all day. And yes I tried it off cones too.

Do I have to use a skipping rope like the Taiwanese do when they practice Toe-Wiper?? Any pointers would be nice. I know I could do it but not without your help, thank you!

Last edited by Jords; June 16th, 2018 at 11:47 AM. Reason: I... can't actually do it on my toes.
Jords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2018, 07:45 AM   #2
Oicusk82huh

Hey Jords, I've never even seen the Toe X Jump before now! How does it compare to the Special (Toe X) and the Jumping X? Is it worlds apart in difficulty, or similar?

Thanks for sharing a new move. But also, sorry I'm no help.

BTW....Toe Wiper! Ugh! I'm still horrible at Toe Wheeling! What's the jump-rope move they use?????? I need the secrets! Please
Oicusk82huh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2018, 11:19 AM   #3
Derrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jords View Post
G'day,

I wanna do this. https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...-Toe+Jumping+X

How do I do it, please? I can do Jumping X proficently through 80cm and 50cm! I just... idk I keep knocking everything over or going back to flat jumps when I go on toes. SO I begin on a 50cm line of 20 cones and do the first 10 cones normal jumping X then do next 10 on my toes. Doesn't work. I've been doing this for months. There has to be some shortcut, other than repeating the same attempt all day. And yes I tried it off cones too.

Do I have to use a skipping rope like the Taiwanese do when they practice Toe-Wiper?? Any pointers would be nice. I know I could do it but not without your help, thank you!
When I hit the link I get cheerleaders jumping up, doing splits in the air while touching toes. Which I actually used to do on skates in the 80’s (yea, I’m a dude, but I could, so I did) when they played Van Hallens’ “Jump” everyone was suposed to jump. But I really don’t think that was what you were getting at.
Old June 16th, 2018, 11:44 AM   #4
Jords

Thanks Derrick I edited the previous link. On my computer it puts the same video at the top of the search results for me but that can be because of my previous usage I guess.

Anyway Oicusk82huh, this is Toe Wiper practice. Looks ridiculous until you find out how well they can do it. But their country is I think one of the top 10 slalom empires so I'm sure there is a payoff. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKlYcog5SbM.
Old June 17th, 2018, 11:32 AM   #5
Derrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jords View Post
Thanks Derrick I edited the previous link. On my computer it puts the same video at the top of the search results for me but that can be because of my previous usage I guess.

Anyway Oicusk82huh, this is Toe Wiper practice. Looks ridiculous until you find out how well they can do it. But their country is I think one of the top 10 slalom empires so I'm sure there is a payoff. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKlYcog5SbM.
Interesting, I could probably jump rope on my quads but Iím sure it would be on flats. Toes... maybe a jump or two if Iím lucky. But whipping the toes, that looks beyond what I con do.
Old August 11th, 2018, 07:09 AM   #6
Jords

Default I did it!!!

Hi again,

I recently successfully did the Toe-Toe Jumping X through a few weeks ago. Of course Iíve been doing it for at least like what, Six months? I'm guessing no one has any tips. It makes sense. Because there are none. You just need raw brutal training. What Ye Hao Qin did in the tutorial I posted earlier is pretty much what I've been doing at least a few 1000 times like Shawn wrote in an awesome blog from before.
http://skatelogforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50675

I'm putting up a link of me doing the Toe-Toe Jumping X through at least 9 cones. Hopefully it will give you some inspiration to continue your own training.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BlzpdiJH...dslalomskating
Old August 14th, 2018, 07:39 AM   #7
Oicusk82huh

Hey Jords, great job! It's probably getting better every day. The only advice I can give that's been given to me and I always try to pass it on, is try to keep your arms below your shoulders. It's great to record yourself because that's how you improve. Do you do this on 50cm cones? When you learned Jumping X (the predecessor move), did you start on 50's or 80's first? Which would you recommend for learning? Thanks in advance, don't want to get too far ahead of myself.
Oicusk82huh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2018, 10:29 AM   #8
Jords

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oicusk82huh View Post
Hey Jords, great job! It's probably getting better every day. The only advice I can give that's been given to me and I always try to pass it on, is try to keep your arms below your shoulders. It's great to record yourself because that's how you improve. Do you do this on 50cm cones? When you learned Jumping X (the predecessor move), did you start on 50's or 80's first? Which would you recommend for learning? Thanks in advance, don't want to get too far ahead of myself.
Couldn't agree more with my arms. I can do it well with normal Jumping X. Though it's a bit more effort of course with the Toe Jumping X or whatever you want to call it. Yes I film myself when ever I need to. That's how I was able to gradulaly master the Munobal 0910 combo last year. I have at least 463 video files on my home computer of all my screw ups and successes. I threw some of that up on one of my youtube vids when I was starting off heh heh! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cog22zR7iO0

So what would I personally reccomend? I'd start off cones doing what Naomi Grigg reccomended in her normal Jumping X tutorial which is you doing Jumping X on the spot like at least 20 times minimum. And then move on to doing it in the 80s. Then the 50s. And then yeah do Toe Jumping X in the 50s because I mean it's hard to generate that much momentum just on your toes through the 80s so starting in the 50s in my personal DIY opinion is easier.

Tags
special jump, toe-toe jumping x