S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Roller Dance and Session Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Roller Dance and Session Skating Forum Discussions about roller dancing, jamskating, rexing, rink session skating, dance circle skating, and similar types of recreational indoor and outdoor skate dancing .

Old January 18th, 2015, 06:13 PM   #1
Derrick

Default From the skate counter

Little girl trades her 5's for 6's.

Lite girl: "Last time , i wore 5's now I need 6's. My feet are big and stupid."

Me: "Well, of course your feet are going to grow, but I don't think they are stupid."

Little girl:"Yes they are: They can't even pick up a pencil."

Me:
Derrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2015, 04:45 AM   #2
MANY_SkatingDave
Skating = Tear RIFF ic

Default A Fat Boy saying he was FAT

Hi Derrick,

Well this makes sense to me. I mean monkey's can pick up pencils and twigs with their toes. And little girls want to do it all and are horribly impatient. Little boys are darlings compared to little girls. My granddaughter is so so reminding me of her mother, smart yet quite opinionated at under 6.

So not on the counter, I had a boy once tell me he was so FAT. He wanted me to confirm he was fat. I looked at his parents and they were quite tall, and told him he was going to sprout up and his body was just getting ready.

There is always another story to what kids tell you, and if you can make it positive in their growth, they grow better and who knows maybe wiser.

Yours in Skating, MA/NY Skating Dave
Old January 19th, 2015, 06:16 AM   #3
GraySk8ter
75-not dead yet!

Default Kids say the darnedest things

Art Linkletter had a show with kids and he had a special talent of talking with kids at their level. They would entertain each time the program aired. Working at the rink, Derrick has a front row seat at the kiddie watch. Now he is experiencing first hand one of the best reasons for skating with the short people. They are cute and fun(most of the time).

The rink is a perfect place to watch the interaction of kids with kids, kids with parents, and kids with older persons(teens and other adults). I have a 9 year old grand daughter(my youngest) and I skate with her and her Mother(my daughter) as often as possible. Since most of my family is older, most of the time I have to watch others to get my youth batteries re-charged.

For the most part, children are sweet. The world messes them over later and they become teens and adults. Enjoy your kids. They will not be kids very long!

And of course, keep rollin
GraySk8ter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2015, 04:17 AM   #4
MANY_SkatingDave
Skating = Tear RIFF ic

Default Getting Down in the Kid's Position

Hi Gray, Derrick,
Good note Gray.

It is funny how adults think about the little people. They think because they are big and powerful, or the parents, the little kids will know. Yet when you as an older person get down to the same place as their size, and maybe their eyes, you see a different world. Gosh Dang those adults are so big they are like giants. So that is one reason why they like, other little people, to give them another little person they can look in the eye and then rattle on.

Try it sometime, sit down at their level for a spell and look at the world through their height.

BTW this is why I love skating down low to the ground when with little kids. They notice you and get excited, cause you are in their world.

Our daughter is having a son come March, and we will see how the pistollis (like her mom) granddaughter deals with it. My guess is NOT well. She has been allowed to be the prima donna too much. Awful smart.

Yours in Skating, MA/NY Skating Dave
Old January 22nd, 2015, 02:03 PM   #5
Derrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraySk8ter View Post
Art Linkletter had a show with kids and he had a special talent of talking with kids at their level. They would entertain each time the program aired. Working at the rink, Derrick has a front row seat at the kiddie watch. Now he is experiencing first hand one of the best reasons for skating with the short people. They are cute and fun(most of the time).

The rink is a perfect place to watch the interaction of kids with kids, kids with parents, and kids with older persons(teens and other adults). I have a 9 year old grand daughter(my youngest) and I skate with her and her Mother(my daughter) as often as possible. Since most of my family is older, most of the time I have to watch others to get my youth batteries re-charged.

For the most part, children are sweet. The world messes them over later and they become teens and adults. Enjoy your kids. They will not be kids very long!

And of course, keep rollin
I watched Art Linkletter as a kid. Reruns, of course. He may have still had some specials though. I think Cosby resurrected that shiw for a bit.
Derrick is offline   Reply With Quote