S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Roller Dance and Session Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Roller Dance and Session Skating Forum Discussions about roller dancing, jamskating, rexing, rink session skating, dance circle skating, and similar types of recreational indoor and outdoor skate dancing .

Old January 8th, 2015, 03:43 AM   #1
oldspeedskater67
"Old school style"

Default Went skating tonight northern ky

Just getting back into the swing of things, after a 20 + year break. I started back really for exercise. I'm really enjoying it. I have went about 6 times in the last month, I have serious knee issues, but I'm getting by. I'm wearing knee braces.. Anyway we had a small group that went tonight. Nobody else was at the rink. It was kinda nice having the rink to ourselves. They even asked what kind of music we preferred. So we all got our groove on with some old school jam skating. Atleast tried anyway. Lol We raced each other too. I'm sitting here on the couch with an ice bag on my knee, thinking how much fun I had. Some of our friends just watched, but said they are skating next week.. One of the owners kids skated with us. He was prolly 12. By the end of the night I seen him trying to do a little shuffle. Lol.
Good times...
Roy
oldspeedskater67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2015, 03:51 AM   #2
Mort
Sk8 Ninja

What's your rink called? How well do they yak care of it? Hope its a good place, anymore its people that don't care how the rink does, as long as they make money from it.
Old January 8th, 2015, 05:04 AM   #3
oldspeedskater67
"Old school style"

This rink isn't very nice at all. Old and run down. It is RECA roller rink. It is only 10 mins from my house. There are some nice rinks, but they are 30-40 mins away. RECA has 3.00 skating on wed, from 6:30-8:30. Hard to beat it. Lol
oldspeedskater67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2015, 06:37 AM   #4
GraySk8ter
75-not dead yet!

Smile Welcome to the forum

Just wanted to say welcome and let you know there is a place on the forum where this type of discussion already exists. Please check out the following:
http://www.skatelogforum.com/forums/...ad.php?t=34741

Being a come back skater, please consider recommendations in this thread.
http://www.skatelogforum.com/forums/...ad.php?t=50006

Hopefully the information on the forum will help you to be a long time skater that can enjoy the sport with minimal pain and injury.

I was a come back skater last year after an 8 year period of being a couch potato and the helpful information kept me from making too many serious mistakes while attempting to regain some of the skating skills of former years. You will also find lots of information on the forum concerning skating equipment. Many things have changed during the time you were not skating. Think of it as a treasure box you have found and now you can benefit from the progress the sport has achieved during your absence.

Needless to say, skating can be very beneficial from a health perspective. Hope you continue to enjoy it!

Keep rollin
GraySk8ter is offline   Reply With Quote