S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Aggressive Skating Forum > Buying Skates
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Buying Skates Tips and advice about buying aggressive skates plus information and opinions about all of the different aggressive skate models.

Old May 9th, 2016, 07:16 PM   #1
everest

Default SEBA VS PowerSlide, how do they fit to the feet?

Hello, everyone,

I am new to this forum. I just been accepted as new member bu the system manager.

I am not trying to make a debate or argument by writing this title. I just want to know which skate to invest. For the freestyle skate, I own Roces Equinox and Power Slide Hardcore EVO 2.0. Roces fits true to size but the one I had was clearance and it is slightly too tight on my feet even after 2 times of baking, so I purchased the Hardcore EVO 2.0 to replace it and also try new skate.

Now I see some websites are doing previous years' model clearance on SEBA skate, so I am thinking to try that brand. I heard SEBA always fit tight and narrow, yet SEBA and PowerSlide both use European size, so I am kind of not so sure whether I should buy one.

I have wide feet. My EVO 2.0 took me 2 times of baking and skated over 30 miles to finally feel okay and bearable. For my inline hockey skates, I always get the widest size, E or EE width, depends on the manufacture sizing charts.

Is it hard to break in SEBA's skates? And is it really kind of tight and narrow on the feet? SEBA uses 3 types sizing charts for different models, making me not very sure which one to buy...... Some reviews also says SEBA FR series fits wider on the toe area, but how wide is it?

I am looking at 2015 PowerSlide Ultron compare to 2015 SEBA High Light or 2015 SEBA High. I do not know which one to invest and I do not know how much in difference between these 2 brands when talking about performance and middle range free skating. (My body mass is quite big, so I have hard time to play slalom.)

Thanks
everest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2016, 01:51 AM   #2
hyperiuSupern0va

Quote:
Originally Posted by everest View Post
For the freestyle skate, I own Roces Equinox and Power Slide Hardcore EVO 2.0.
Wow, those 2 are some nice looking blades. for freestyle and mass concerned, should focus on full hardboot instead of semi-soft.

have u considered something like this?

this is the flying eagle falcon f6. bill stoppard of pintoponyproduction has the green one, you can see him skating on youtube.
ah let me find it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWup_JRCkEA

you can notice it has a strong frame for the wheels. you'd need that for urban / general roads and also since you mentioned the weight support.

that powerslide ultron you mentioned looks nice. and since you're talking about sebas, theyre usually very well built and for slalom, hard to go wrong on them but a friend did tell me before, who was of considerable weight that sebas were very uncomfortable, he then showed me pictures of his feet after wearing them. sebas could improve that by now, idk.

also something for your treat, i saw this video not long ago: its a good review and something for you to consider.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byh_zQkeOdA

have you never considered k2 skates ? cuz k2's have the most comfortable liners and comfort is everything.

Last edited by hyperiuSupern0va; May 11th, 2016 at 02:15 AM.
hyperiuSupern0va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2016, 10:00 PM   #3
everest

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperiuSupern0va View Post
Wow, those 2 are some nice looking blades. for freestyle and mass concerned, should focus on full hardboot instead of semi-soft.

have you never considered k2 skates ? cuz k2's have the most comfortable liners and comfort is everything.
Thank you buddy. Yes, I know that Canadian guy. I saw his videos sometimes, but I have not checked out his website yet. I will take a look of his skates.

I have checked out K2 skates and the only model that caught my eye was Radical 100, but I am not interested in using 100 mm wheels to do free skate in urban or between communities........ I have Rollerblade GT 100mm and also BONT Z 110 mm speed skates.......so I know how it feels like to roll on big wheels.... only fun when down hill...up hill will be very tiring and also not easy to stop and to make turns when skating inside the city. So I am not looking at the 3 wheelers of PowerSlide skates.

Thanks for the input.
Old May 11th, 2016, 02:14 AM   #4
hyperiuSupern0va

Quote:
Thank you buddy. Yes, I know that Canadian guy. I saw his videos sometimes, but I have not checked out his website yet. I will take a look of his skates.

I have checked out K2 skates and the only model that caught my eye was Radical 100, but I am not interested in using 100 mm wheels to do free skate in urban or between communities........ I have Rollerblade GT 100mm and also BONT Z 110 mm speed skates.......so I know how it feels like to roll on big wheels.... only fun when down hill...up hill will be very tiring and also not easy to stop and to make turns when skating inside the city. So I am not looking at the 3 wheelers of PowerSlide skates.

Thanks for the input.
wow, many skates ^^ , thats cool - i didn't know that.
k2 skates have different colour variations that isnt completely shown on their site. are you buying online ?
cuz if you're buying in person, trying them out personally handles it right. my friend wasn't fat, he was bigger in size and tall, i was surprised how his feet looked after skating. hope u find an awesome pair, then tell us how you think about it
Old May 11th, 2016, 02:44 AM   #5
everest

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperiuSupern0va View Post
wow, many skates ^^ , thats cool - i didn't know that.
k2 skates have different colour variations that isnt completely shown on their site. are you buying online ?
cuz if you're buying in person, trying them out personally handles it right. my friend wasn't fat, he was bigger in size and tall, i was surprised how his feet looked after skating. hope u find an awesome pair, then tell us how you think about it

No problem, brother.

After I get a new pair, I will share with you how it goes.

There are a lot of different brands with very good skates but only known to certain countries......this is the pity part for me....cannot make a selection from all models..only those that are available in USA...or Canada....... Others will be kind of too far away, or not sure do they really fit properly.....

Just give you a piece information, if you wear size D skate and you are interested to wear hockey skate for road, check out the Verbero Hockey skate.....FULL CARBON.... I have seen a road bicycle made with full carbon, even the gears were made with carbon!!! Only screws were metal......... And this Verbero brand makes hockey skates in the same way....FULL CARBON.....even the chassis is made of carbon.....my god......

well...I have wide feet, so I cannot wear it. And the inventer is not good in responding e-mail. Wrote him 2 times more than 1~2 years ago and still get no reply......

Boot design is so so, but the overall weight will be very light!!! ha ha....maybe..
http://www.verbero.com/collections/s...x-inline-skate
Old May 11th, 2016, 10:12 AM   #6
hyperiuSupern0va

Quote:
No problem, brother.

After I get a new pair, I will share with you how it goes.

There are a lot of different brands with very good skates but only known to certain countries......this is the pity part for me....cannot make a selection from all models..only those that are available in USA...or Canada....... Others will be kind of too far away, or not sure do they really fit properly.....

Just give you a piece information, if you wear size D skate and you are interested to wear hockey skate for road, check out the Verbero Hockey skate.....FULL CARBON.... I have seen a road bicycle made with full carbon, even the gears were made with carbon!!! Only screws were metal......... And this Verbero brand makes hockey skates in the same way....FULL CARBON.....even the chassis is made of carbon.....my god......

well...I have wide feet, so I cannot wear it. And the inventer is not good in responding e-mail. Wrote him 2 times more than 1~2 years ago and still get no reply......

Boot design is so so, but the overall weight will be very light!!! ha ha....maybe..
http://www.verbero.com/collections/s...x-inline-skate
thanks
wow im sure that performance is super. only styling is another issue haha.