S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > General Interest Skating Forums > Main Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Skating Forum General discussions about all types of skating, including how to skate, places to skate, skating events, skating equipment, and any topic that does not fall under one of our other skating forums.

Old March 9th, 2014, 06:41 PM   #41
GraySk8ter
76-not dead yet!

Default SOCIETY OF FORMER LURKERS needs you!

The whole object of this thread is to encourage SLF members(new / old / whatever) to participate by posting. The vast majority of members have never posted(not even once)!

Don't you have questions?
Don't you have success or failure stories?
Don't you have opinions(off topic thread)?
Do you have a temperature?

Unless you have assumed room temperature, your input is valuable.

Keep rollin & start posting
GraySk8ter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2014, 02:48 AM   #42
KentM

I suppose I'm a lurker... however I am trying to reform.

My short post here would be to report what a great evening session we had last Sat night at Scooters Roller Palace in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.

Lots of old school skaters showed up and we were ripping it up.
The music was decent and quite a few were moaning about the pain of breaking in new boots.

Things are definitely picking up.

Cheers,
Kent
Old March 10th, 2014, 03:01 AM   #43
GraySk8ter
76-not dead yet!

Default Thanks Kent

It's good to know the chosen frozen of Canada are surviving the very cold winter by exercising in the warm confines of a rink(roller that is). Those ice skaters can't warm up too much. It would be too bad for their skating surface. There are lots of threads on the forum that will benefit from your posts. Keep it goin!

And of course: Keep rollin
Old March 16th, 2014, 01:02 AM   #44
Bankrupter

New Member from North central Massachusetts. I have nothing to add to any of this data base that would help out the next person so I dont think i will be posting very much.. I may have a rant or two about good/bad experiences with buying gear on the dot coms but other then warning the next guy I have nothing to exciting to add to this place.

Bad experience about to be posted if and after order ever gets here..
Bankrupter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2014, 04:41 AM   #45
GraySk8ter
76-not dead yet!

Default Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bankrupter View Post
Bad experience about to be posted if and after order ever gets here..
Sorry about your bad experience. Eventually we all have some of those. Hopefully the good experiences will outweigh the bad. I have had some online purchases that were somewhat sour, but I have made some great cost saving purchases of superior equipment too. Hopefully, it will workout OK for you.

Welcome to the forum. You can tell by reading the many different threads here that everyone has an opinion. Your's is just as valuable as anyone else's. The main thing is to enjoy the skating sport and the association with people who share your interests.

Keep rollin & posting
Old March 17th, 2014, 08:49 PM   #46
MANY_SkatingDave
Skating = Tear RIFF ic

Default Add to Session, Main; Also Welcome

Hi Bankrupter,

Pretty sure you PM'd me, yet my mailbox is full so it bounced. I have not taken the time to crawl though it, yet. Sorry. I know I got to do it.

Quote:
New Member from North central Massachusetts. I have nothing to add to any of this data base that would help out the next person so I dont think i will be posting very much.. o - o Bad experience about to be posted if and after order ever gets here..
Welcome, If you come to RollOnAmerica in North Central Mass I am there almost always on Wednesday's skate, Sunday Matinee, and lately Saturday Night with the fast teens + adults I know. Ask at the counter to point out Dave who Side Surfs and 'Ups on the Heels Sideways', Zack, Cody, , , managers will all know me.

New people on SLF always add a different perspective, experiences even to long ago posts. So if after reading you see something you felt should be added, or a question asked fire away.

Now you wouldn't be that guy from Beverly who moved up here recently?

Yours in Skating, MA/NY Skating Dave
Old March 18th, 2014, 12:20 AM   #47
Foot2big
The Elder Skatesman

My only contribution to this thread: Skate more. Post more. Rinse, repeat.
Old March 18th, 2014, 02:39 AM   #48
Bankrupter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANY_SkatingDave View Post
Hi Bankrupter,

Pretty sure you PM'd me, yet my mailbox is full so it bounced. I have not taken the time to crawl though it, yet. Sorry. I know I got to do it.

Welcome, If you come to RollOnAmerica in North Central Mass I am there almost always on Wednesday's skate, Sunday Matinee, and lately Saturday Night with the fast teens + adults I know. Ask at the counter to point out Dave who Side Surfs and 'Ups on the Heels Sideways', Zack, Cody, , , managers will all know me.

New people on SLF always add a different perspective, experiences even to long ago posts. So if after reading you see something you felt should be added, or a question asked fire away.

Now you wouldn't be that guy from Beverly who moved up here recently?

I did try to PM you but to your question No Dave, I have been in the area for years. Used to skate in Milford back in my teen days (90's) . I hit roll on two weeks ago Sat and if you were not the staff guy.. There was one other kid out there side skating with tons of energy feeling the music. Made me remember how much I loved skating. Sadly I no longer have any gear and my big feet had me sol for quads that fit. I skated a size too small and it was a mistake... Big toe still black n blue, bite bruise on the other foot limped for a few days and still loved being back on skates... Riedell 395/ advantage ordered. -----> IF this place ever ships I'll be back for good and will see you soon. Not going to be shredding up that floor anytime soon but it will all come back I hope.. Power plus green (97a) going to work on that floor well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraySk8ter View Post
Sorry about your bad experience. Eventually we all have some of those. Hopefully the good experiences will outweigh the bad. I have had some online purchases that were somewhat sour, but I have made some great cost saving purchases of superior equipment too. Hopefully, it will workout OK for you.

Welcome to the forum. You can tell by reading the many different threads here that everyone has an opinion. Your's is just as valuable as anyone else's. The main thing is to enjoy the skating sport and the association with people who share your interests.

Keep rollin & posting
Thanks for the welcome !!!
Old March 18th, 2014, 05:08 AM   #49
MANY_SkatingDave
Skating = Tear RIFF ic

Default Glad to Have you On SLF Board

Hi Bankrupter,

Great Note, I was looking for that guy from Beverly who used to work at the rink down in Beverly, MA. Sorry if I mixed you up with him. I am still wondering where he is o - o since he was supposed to like YOU, buy some new skates and get back to skating. He was pretty decent on his skates and I was hoping it was you.

Anyway, That younger than me older Guy working saturday night as a skate guard does skate with us more than once a week, on occasion. . Geez I still don't know his name, even though we kind of smile at each other and sometimes sit near each other on Wednesday. Geez..

OK, A Resolution: I will know his name by this time next week.

That is a great floor, not wood I know, yet still great so yes the Power Plus 97a will work well. YET even harder wheels will also work well, like the Bones 101A, Bones 103A and lots of other hard wheels.

Come See Me Some Time,

Edit-01: If you skate as much as some of us do, you will know that big feet give away to smaller feet because we sweat like heck. So before you choose a skate sweat down those feet.

Last edited by MANY_SkatingDave; March 18th, 2014 at 05:17 AM. Reason: Big Feet Sweat on Down
MANY_SkatingDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2014, 01:26 AM   #50
Bankrupter

Quote:
Hi Bankrupter,

Great Note, I was looking for that guy from Beverly who used to work at the rink down in Beverly, MA. Sorry if I mixed you up with him. I am still wondering where he is o - o since he was supposed to like YOU, buy some new skates and get back to skating. He was pretty decent on his skates and I was hoping it was you.

Anyway, That younger than me older Guy working saturday night as a skate guard does skate with us more than once a week, on occasion. . Geez I still don't know his name, even though we kind of smile at each other and sometimes sit near each other on Wednesday. Geez..

OK, A Resolution: I will know his name by this time next week.

That is a great floor, not wood I know, yet still great so yes the Power Plus 97a will work well. YET even harder wheels will also work well, like the Bones 101A, Bones 103A and lots of other hard wheels.

Come See Me Some Time,

Edit-01: If you skate as much as some of us do, you will know that big feet give away to smaller feet because we sweat like heck. So before you choose a skate sweat down those feet.
Be seeing you soon Dave... Hoping they ship tomorrow. You wont miss me just look for the tallest guy on the floor. Im at least 6'6"-8" on skates. I will be skating a few nights a week if I can.
Old March 19th, 2014, 06:09 PM   #51
GraySk8ter
76-not dead yet!

Quote:
Im at least 6'6"-8" on skates.
WOW!!! Is anyone else thinking - "roller basketball"? A team of bigs on skates might be interesting.

Keep rollin
Old March 19th, 2014, 06:14 PM   #52
Posey

Hi Im only a new member but Im a really long time lurker (2years+)

Had lots to talk about, joined, then forgot everything I had wanted to say
Posey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2014, 06:24 PM   #53
GraySk8ter
76-not dead yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posey View Post
Hi Im only a new member but Im a really long time lurker (2years+)

Had lots to talk about, joined, then forgot everything I had wanted to say
Welcome and hope this last post helps you to get over the LURKER Aphasia (/əˈfeɪʒə/, /əˈfeɪziə/ or /eɪˈfeɪziə/), from ancient Greek ἀφασία (ἄφατος, ἀ- + φημί) aphatos meaning, "speechlessness".

Keep rollin
Old March 19th, 2014, 06:31 PM   #54
Posey

Thanks Greysk8ter Though Im pretty sure youll be needing the Greek for "Shut up Posey" in a few months time
Posey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2014, 11:40 PM   #55
Bankrupter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraySk8ter View Post
WOW!!! Is anyone else thinking - "roller basketball"? A team of bigs on skates might be interesting.

Keep rollin
lol I dont think I could dribble and skate at the same time .. .
Old March 20th, 2014, 03:27 AM   #56
MANY_SkatingDave
Skating = Tear RIFF ic

Default Mystery Solved: His name is Steve

OK See you soon,

Cody tonight told me his name was Steve, I will chat with Steve directly and give him my name, like an introduction, just in case he doesn't already know it. I do doubt that.

Quote:
Be seeing you soon Dave.
.. Hoping they ship tomorrow. You wont miss me just look for the tallest guy on the floor. Im at least 6'6"-8" on skates. I will be skating a few nights a week if I can.
What nights are you planning to skate. We have a small crowd on Wednesday including 2 to 3 to 7/8 good adult skaters depending on who shows up. It isn't as floor filled as Friday or Saturday with the teens. Yet it gives you a chance to practice your skills. Mark, an older guy maintenance man, is now skating once again on Saturday and Wed.

Again Welcome Aboard and Hope to see you in person.

Old March 20th, 2014, 09:41 PM   #57
Bankrupter

Quote:
OK See you soon,

Cody tonight told me his name was Steve, I will chat with Steve directly and give him my name, like an introduction, just in case he doesn't already know it. I do doubt that.

What nights are you planning to skate. We have a small crowd on Wednesday including 2 to 3 to 7/8 good adult skaters depending on who shows up. It isn't as floor filled as Friday or Saturday with the teens. Yet it gives you a chance to practice your skills. Mark, an older guy maintenance man, is now skating once again on Saturday and Wed.

Again Welcome Aboard and Hope to see you in person.

Wed, Sat, Sunday all work most of the time.. Sat can be a nightmare there with party's and those stupid PVC things. Also have to say it WTF SCOOTERS!! 0.x..

Update to time frame from above.

After being told Ill have them -=THIS=- week an Email came in and said SO SORRY BUT.... your boots are on back-order with Riedell! Mind you this is a solid 10 days after I had paid in full. SO mad atm. 2 + weeks out now. SO who wants to use the dot com i did... Least I know the boots are brand new stock. Think Ill hit there this Sunday and just rent. I want to skate!
Old March 20th, 2014, 10:33 PM   #58
pjmariner
Thinkin' of a master plan

Default Always worth the trip to Haverhill....

Quote:
Wed, Sat, Sunday all work most of the time.. Sat can be a nightmare there with party's and those stupid PVC things. Also have to say it WTF SCOOTERS!! 0.x..

Update to time frame from above.

After being told Ill have them -=THIS=- week an Email came in and said SO SORRY BUT.... your boots are on back-order with Riedell! Mind you this is a solid 10 days after I had paid in full. SO mad atm. 2 + weeks out now. SO who wants to use the dot com i did... Least I know the boots are brand new stock. Think Ill hit there this Sunday and just rent. I want to skate!
Thurday adult nights in Haverhill are always good, worth the drive. Maybe you and Dave can carpool, he does not come over enough anymore, it will give him an excuse to make it more often
pjmariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2014, 08:08 PM   #59
Bankrupter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjmariner View Post
Thurday adult nights in Haverhill are always good, worth the drive. Maybe you and Dave can carpool, he does not come over enough anymore, it will give him an excuse to make it more often
We would have to work out the details but sounds like a good time. I skate with my girl and our vehicles are small. With no kids to cart we have not bought a family type car... yet. But if he can Fit us ill toss gas money any day! We both like the ford escape SUV thing. If we pick it up Ill cart +2.
Old March 29th, 2014, 07:57 AM   #60
GraySk8ter
76-not dead yet!

Default Question

Why is it so difficult at this time and age for people to post on the forum? Looking at the list of membership, I discovered 5,230 members have posted 2 or more times. So even that does not take into account the members that have posted in the past, but have dropped out long ago. 1,130 members managed to post one time and one time only!

Unfortunately for everyone(we have a better forum when more participate), there are 4,861 members that took the time to request membership and never posted even one time(zero, zip, Nada). Add the those that never posted and the ones that only said "HI", and that total is 5,991. It is more than all those that have posted 2 or more times.

Come on now lurkers! You text on your phone every day. Posting here is no different. This thread is here to help you break the ice. You are welcome on the forum and encouraged to share on the forum.

Keep rollin & posting