S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Quad Roller Skating Forum > Outdoor Quads
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Outdoor Quads Discussions about outdoor quad skates and any discussion relatd to skating on quad roller skatse outdoors.

Old April 3rd, 2011, 08:23 AM   #1
Cherry Massacre

Question Kryptonics Route 70's on R3's?

Just wondering if Kryptonics Route 70 wheels will fit on my Reidell R3's? I've bought some from eBay to try out since we will be training outside soon now that the weather is getting better.

After reading some posts on here I'm now worried in case they won't fit/have the clearence or whatever
Cherry Massacre #13 with Portsmouth Roller Wenches
www.portsmouthrollerwenches.com
Cherry Massacre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2011, 05:46 AM   #2
BigEdMan
Up-and-Coming Member

Looks like you should have enough clearance to go straight.
And the rear end clearance should handle the increase from 62 to 70 without rubbing on anything.
But your clearance may be rather tight on the front end especially with looser trucks.
You may be able to grind off a little bit of a "wheel well" if needed in the bottom of your boots and keep your trucks rather tight.
But I'm defined not an expert....
BigEdMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2011, 11:07 AM   #3
PeterM

If you are skating outdoors you might want to tighten up your trucks a bit, but it's really a personal preference

If you are buying the wheels for Goodwood then there are no really tight turns and you probably wont' be doing crossovers

If you are planning to get outside regularly then you might want to think about getting a set of bearings for the outdoor wheels - it's a real pain having to switch bearings and wheels

Slight change of subject - how much do your skates + wheels weigh.
PeterM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2011, 08:46 AM   #4
Cherry Massacre

My Kryptonics 70's arrived yesterday and went out on them in the afternoon. All I can say is wowwwwwwwww! They literally just roll over everything in their path. I'm usually a very nervous outdoor skater, always looking out for twigs and small stones....stupid woodchips in the outdoor space near me But these wheels just ran over them and I found that I did'nt have to stare at the floor all the time Awesome!

I have'nt weighed them with the outdoor wheels on yet, had derby practice last night to have now got my indoor wheels back on them. They feel VERY heavy though and made my calfs cramp up after a bit Think I need to get used to the weight before Goodwood

Oh and I tried them with the trucks loose like how they are for indoors and there was no rubbing and because I skate around whats basically a basketball court I left them like it for going round the turns
Cherry Massacre #13 with Portsmouth Roller Wenches
www.portsmouthrollerwenches.com
Cherry Massacre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2011, 01:56 AM   #5
Banzai
Unsafe at ANY speed

Starting off and accelerating on larger wheels does require a lot off effort but once you get 'em goin.......
Good to hear you're happy w/ them!!