S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Slalom Cone Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Slalom Cone Skating Forum Discussions about slalom cone skating, high-jump, and other freestyle trick skating. (Note that vert, street, and park skating discussions should be posted in our aggressive skating forum.)

Old November 28th, 2012, 07:55 AM   #1
Spoonek

Default Igor liner durability

Hi Guys and Gals! Need some advice from you all.

I have doing recreational skating for some time and just started learning slalom recently with my 1 size too big FR1 (due to wrong measurement of my foot). Now I intend to get a slalom focus skate from Seba. Initial intention is to get the Seba high blue but there is totally no stock in my country Singapore. So now looking at getting the Igor (I know some might say its overkill for my skill level at the moment).

One thing that holds me from getting the Igor is the integrated liner. I'm wondering how long can it last before I have to get another new Igor. Can anyone who own a Igor, advice me on the durability of the liner?
Spoonek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2012, 11:43 AM   #2
Shaw

Depends on how often you skate, but for most people I'd imagine they'd last for at least 2-3 years.
Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2012, 09:30 PM   #3
jipe

There are two versions of the iGor :
- the original model (main color grey/silver) the fabric used for the liner isn't very strong, I know several skaters who destroy it in one year or even less (but these guys skate a lot). I wouldn't recommend this model.

- latest model (main color black with some red). Seba used the same fabric as for the KSJ and Trix a kind of synthetic suede leather. It is very strong, normally the rest of the boot will be destroyed before you get holes in this liner.
jipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2012, 07:58 AM   #4
Spoonek

Thanks Jipe for the explaination on the Igor. However, I manage to get a pair of Seba high Blue deluxe. Some questions on the preparation of breaking-in the skate.

Should I remove the sole or jus leave in the liner? Should I always lace up?
Spoonek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2013, 10:37 PM   #5
ProSkaters Place

Default Seba FR1 Deluxe

Hey Spoonek,
The skates that you got, FR1 Deluxe, actually have no brake in period at all. They are comfortable and would feel right from the beginning. The skates should be always laced up and tightened up with the buckles to get the desirable comfort and control. I hope that helps.

Pavel
www.skatersplace.ca
ProSkaters Place is offline   Reply With Quote