S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > General Interest Skating Forums > Beginning Skaters Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Beginning Skaters Forum This is the place for beginning skaters to ask questions and share their stories. We would love to hear about your experiences learning to skate. No question is too dumb!

Old May 28th, 2019, 08:07 AM   #1
BladerBoy

Question Buying my first pair of rollerblades, please help.

Hello everyone,

I have no experience whatsoever with rollerblading, but since I really enjoy learning/experiencing new things, biking, jogging and other outdoor sports/activities, I want to start as soon as possible, preferably before the end of this month. I've narrowed my search down to the Macroblade 84/90 (probably not going to go with these because I have finicky feet and I've heard they're not very comfortable), V2 Boa 90/100 (100 mm back wheels on the pro), and F.I.T. Boa 84. I'm 5'11", 140 lbs, my left foot is 10.43", my right foot is 10.23", relatively low arches, and narrow heels. I will skate primarily on well-kept asphalt.

Between these four models,

can someone please make a recommendation for me? And if you can tell me if I can fit into size 10 for the last two skates (my two top choices, unless someone advises otherwise), when my left foot is 10.43" and my right foot is 10.23". I'm guessing not since people reviewing K2 skates usually recommend a half to a full size higher than your shoe size?

Thank you very much for any help anyone can give!!!

BB

P.S. And thanks to Jessica for admitting me to the forum.
BladerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2019, 05:43 PM   #2
Desafinado
Rock'n'roll

It is difficult to say if a given size will fit or not. I have no experience with K2 skates but I have heard that they shall be quite narrow and it is recommended to go one size up from normal shoe size. The best will be if you can try the skates on before you buy them. If your only option is to buy online then try to find a dealer where you can return the skates if they do not fit. Some dealers even gives you free return if you exchange for another size.
Desafinado is offline   Reply With Quote