S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Artistic Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Artistic Skating Forum Discussions about any topic related to artistic roller skating including quad artistic skating, inline figure skating, pairs, dance, synchronized skating, and show skating.

Old April 23rd, 2019, 11:13 AM   #21
rwsz

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryoracing View Post
I have been skating like crazy, but really no freestyle. It's about 2 months before regionals and have decided to put the Freestyle on hold. I have met a few people who do this stuff and are competing now in Classic, which is 18 and above. But really in southern, ca there is only one skater. There are a few kids who do the Jr. World and World class and Dance and show events. They are good and fun to watch, but there are not many...maybe 6-10 in Jr. World and World Class dance and Freestyle. For me I just skate the beginning and intermediate solo Dance events and the intermediate and Gold figure events, but those disciplines don't ask to much from a person 64 years old. It's really hard to just do basic skating, but it passes the time. This year Nationals is in Spokane, Washington and that will be fun. Sharing a room with friends and I got a flight for 260 dollars there and back. So life is good!
nice have fun, the numbers of freestyle skaters is way way down as u know
Old April 24th, 2019, 07:40 PM   #22
emtdpf

alright, I'll break silence.

As most might not know I didnt skate last year, attention to the wife and her bout with breast cancer. No worries, everything is alright now, and she is 1 year free. Was also working on my Gold Medal, when I had a couple of falls on the foxtrot, and hurt my left hip pretty good... now I get to that step and my body says "nope.... aint gonna do it"

So, this season, I wasnt going to skate comp, basically was just going to teach the classes and do what i want to do after that.

Well that changed. I was kind of minding my own business when a young lady asked me to help her stay in tune, until she tries out with another partner, (her partner had just retired).....me.... sure no problem, keep me in tune and keep her in tune.....

We got along so well, and kind of skated very similiar.... coach Angie, said why dont you guys try out together...OK.... practiced a couple of times, and told Angie that we were ready to try out....in the mean time a past partner wanted to try out again, yeah, good to be popular.....

Tried out with the first young lady, Angie said to keep going, she was trying to arrange a tryout out with the other young lady.... and something happened with her and then... she was going to try out with someone else.........Angie gave me and the first try out the green light. this was November.

Skated Odenton, first comp back, felt good to be back, took first, scores were very good. Pre Regionals on their way, hopefully do well. I am more tuned in to preparing for Nationals...... everything else is just practice.

I have a different mindset this season..... I'm actually have more fun, this year than any other... I think its the partner........

So this year we are going to skate I dont know... I think Silver 2... contemplating skating solo......?????, after Nationals, I am going to go back down to the Portland area and visit my Aunt that I havent seen in about 20 years, should be a good time.

Hopefully meet up with who ever is skating Nats this year, and say Hi.....
emtdpf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2019, 11:29 PM   #23
Ancient1

Hi Don,
Very glad your wife is a year free and doing well. Sorry about the hip and fall. Yes, a dance partner makes things different in dance. I am very happy you are feeling the fun in skating again. Best of luck.

Hi Larry,
Best of luck in your events. I understand that you are not doing freestyle. I actually have dreams of skating again often when I go to sleep. It's mostly doing freestyle.
Old May 11th, 2019, 07:03 AM   #24
larryoracing

Smile Don and Jim

Well Don, I'm glad you are skating again and yes I missed you at Nationals last year...and you are very good and you ex partner skated very well with Jeff..I really enjoyed them. I hope you have fun with your new partner and I look forward to seeing you this year at Nationals.

For Jim..I hope you come back and get back on the horse...It's very dangerous. I'm lucky to be skating....I just decided to cool it on Freestyle...I really worked hard to do it, but I just decided to pause and hold and wait maybe we will all come back to freestyle at the same time.

Sincerely,

Larry O and God bless you!
larryoracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2019, 11:12 AM   #25
rwsz

Don glad to hear your wife is doing well now.

Yeah I think the relief of mind with her and your new younger partner is adding to all the fun . good luck , tell Angie hi for me.