S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Other Forums > Off-Topic Discussions
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic Discussions You can use this forum to talk about any non-skating topic you want.

Old December 2nd, 2019, 05:11 PM   #1
rufusprime99
Ninja Naked Mole Rat

Default God Bless Gun Buying Americans

Gun sales way up.

https://tribunist.com/news/americans...cVBsazrQpUL-Tc
Old December 2nd, 2019, 11:47 PM   #2
fierocious1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufusprime99 View Post
Ahhh the feel of recoil... and smell of burned gunpowder. Hitting the target.... a long distance away..... yep and ammo. It's on sale at walmart now. Bought several boxes this last weekend. Took the grandkids out and shot probably 4-500 rounds.. shot some titanium rounds at steel plate, makes a huge sparkling flash when it hits. Looked like fireworks!
Old December 3rd, 2019, 12:08 AM   #3
ursle
Street Skater

Quote:
Originally Posted by fierocious1 View Post
Ahhh the feel of recoil... and smell of burned gunpowder. Hitting the target.... a long distance away..... yep and ammo. It's on sale at walmart now. Bought several boxes this last weekend. Took the grandkids out and shot probably 4-500 rounds.. shot some titanium rounds at steel plate, makes a huge sparkling flash when it hits. Looked like fireworks!
Hopefully, soon, someone responsible will take your guns away, people that are a danger to themselves and others shouldn't be able to access firearms, and god help your grandchildren, because at the moment, the DEVIL is.
ursle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2019, 01:21 AM   #4
fierocious1

Default Hey Rufus

Got my cataract removed finally. Eye is seeing much better now. Time to start target shooting again. Had worked on a couple of rifles a few years ago, now I can zero them. Just have to decide how far out to zero... my range is 409 yds. Im thinking @ 200 would be good. Shoot lower if closer.
Old December 3rd, 2019, 04:29 AM   #5
rufusprime99
Ninja Naked Mole Rat

Quote:
Got my cataract removed finally. Eye is seeing much better now. Time to start target shooting again. Had worked on a couple of rifles a few years ago, now I can zero them. Just have to decide how far out to zero... my range is 409 yds. Im thinking @ 200 would be good. Shoot lower if closer.
Good deal. Need a good eye to sight in on a target.

There is a Glock 9mm with a 10 shot clip.... can't remember the model offhand. Most places give a good discount on that model. Most likely because people want the 17 round clip.
Old December 3rd, 2019, 12:36 PM   #6
fierocious1

Quote:
Good deal. Need a good eye to sight in on a target.

There is a Glock 9mm with a 10 shot clip.... can't remember the model offhand. Most places give a good discount on that model. Most likely because people want the 17 round clip.
Shot a Glock last week, still prefer my Ruger. I like the Security 9 by Ruger as well but haven't bought one yet. Was looking at getting an XD Springfield 9mm over the weekend for a good price.
Old December 3rd, 2019, 04:14 PM   #7
rufusprime99
Ninja Naked Mole Rat

Quote:
Shot a Glock last week, still prefer my Ruger. I like the Security 9 by Ruger as well but haven't bought one yet. Was looking at getting an XD Springfield 9mm over the weekend for a good price.
I saw a shotgun a while back, I thought it was a Remingtion. Not expensive, and I liked it because it had a clip. A small clip, but a clip just the same. Maybe 5 or 6 rounds in there. How many rounds does a shotgun usually hold?

And then there is this. How can I live without it?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atchisson_Assault_Shotgun
Old December 3rd, 2019, 06:30 PM   #8
fierocious1

Quote:
I saw a shotgun a while back, I thought it was a Remingtion. Not expensive, and I liked it because it had a clip. A small clip, but a clip just the same. Maybe 5 or 6 rounds in there. How many rounds does a shotgun usually hold?

And then there is this. How can I live without it?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atchisson_Assault_Shotgun
Lots of old pumps were 4 to 6 shots. My ar mag holds 20 rounds of 308, has muzzle brake and a very nice trigger. Next mod is to float the barrel. FMJ 308 will go right through a 5/8' steel plate. Lead will just disintegrate.
Old December 3rd, 2019, 10:22 PM   #9
zebra1922

Stupid is as stupid does
zebra1922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2019, 02:25 AM   #10
fierocious1

Default Wusses

https://www.theweek.co.uk/100333/uk-...-own-a-firearm

Airguns for everyone. Funny stuff right there...
Old December 4th, 2019, 03:38 AM   #11
rufusprime99
Ninja Naked Mole Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra1922 View Post
Stupid is as stupid does
Racist bigot pedophile
Old December 4th, 2019, 03:41 AM   #12
Mort
Sk8 Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursle View Post
Hopefully, soon, someone responsible will take your guns away, people that are a danger to themselves and others shouldn't be able to access firearms, and god help your grandchildren, because at the moment, the DEVIL is.
You're ignorant. Intentionally.

You want someone to be a danger. So apparently taget practice is and teaching kids firearms saftey/fesponsiblity is?

Accidents happen because of lack of knowledge.

Tyranny happens because people lose the ability to fight back against others in power.

Guess you're all for that tyranny as long as you can try to slander someone to make yourself look better...
Old December 4th, 2019, 05:51 AM   #13
rufusprime99
Ninja Naked Mole Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mort View Post
Guess you're all for that tyranny as long as you can try to slander someone to make yourself look better...
His kind loves to destroy the good. Tyranny does that.
His kind does not fit in a "healthy" society.
He loves the current tyranny at the doorstep doubly because it not only destroys the good, it also panders to LGBTQ, and is already turning elementary schools into queer training grounds. Hell, TV movies and books are queer training grounds.

You may not like the right Mort, but do you really want to sit on your hands and NOT oppose the left. Don't you WANT to oppose the left?
Old December 4th, 2019, 06:03 AM   #14
skater

Quote:
back in the 1980's I started shooting. glocks were just on the scene . considered a glock for the hi cap mags. but, got a 669 smith, and got a good deal on a ruger p85. a buddy convinced me to get a 1911 45./ autos are nice but I always prefered a revolver. tough to beat a s&w revolver. not a fan of the grips on the 669 or the p85. at the time no after market grips for either. but this year found the hogue slip on grips. first put one on a beretta 21a. the hogue grips are a nice upgrade stopped buying guns needed to work more and saved up for a down payment on a house. after that focusing on stepping up to get better skills and managed to keep working so never had to worry about paying the mortgage as long as I was working. last fire arm I bought was a savage fp-10 a heavy barreled .223. always wanted a centerfire. target rifle. being in 5.56 it is pretty cheap to shoot and amno should be plentiful. will be a nice rife for friends to shoot if they want a change from the 22lr.
skater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2019, 12:52 PM   #15
fierocious1

Quote:
Originally Posted by skater View Post
back in the 1980's I started shooting. glocks were just on the scene . considered a glock for the hi cap mags. but, got a 669 smith, and got a good deal on a ruger p85. a buddy convinced me to get a 1911 45./ autos are nice but I always prefered a revolver. tough to beat a s&w revolver. not a fan of the grips on the 669 or the p85. at the time no after market grips for either. but this year found the hogue slip on grips. first put one on a beretta 21a. the hogue grips are a nice upgrade stopped buying guns needed to work more and saved up for a down payment on a house. after that focusing on stepping up to get better skills and managed to keep working so never had to worry about paying the mortgage as long as I was working. last fire arm I bought was a savage fp-10 a heavy barreled .223. always wanted a centerfire. target rifle. being in 5.56 it is pretty cheap to shoot and amno should be plentiful. will be a nice rife for friends to shoot if they want a change from the 22lr.
You must be confused.... you want to take out Trump with a rigged impeachment party. You back dims, the people that want to disarm you at the very least... man, that's messed up. You should be scared of you "death machines", they gonna get ya!
Old December 4th, 2019, 01:24 PM   #16
Mort
Sk8 Ninja

Quote:
His kind loves to destroy the good. Tyranny does that.
His kind does not fit in a "healthy" society.
He loves the current tyranny at the doorstep doubly because it not only destroys the good, it also panders to LGBTQ, and is already turning elementary schools into queer training grounds. Hell, TV movies and books are queer training grounds.

You may not like the right Mort, but do you really want to sit on your hands and NOT oppose the left. Don't you WANT to oppose the left?
I find myself between the lines of left and right. My biggest issue is how people are not respecting one anothers political difference
Old December 4th, 2019, 01:38 PM   #17
ursle
Street Skater

Quote:
You must be confused.... you want to take out Trump with a rigged impeachment party.

There's no confusion, and a constitutionally mandated house trying to use oversight is being blocked by this administration, an impeachable offense, yet he's being impeached for Bribery, legally, there's nothing riggede except the White House blocking subpoenas and Testimony.

You back dims, the people that want to disarm you at the very least... man, that's messed up. You should be scared of you "death machines", they gonna get ya!
That's just outright Racist saber rattling, how many children have you murdered today?

Quote:
I find myself between the lines of left and right. My biggest issue is how people are not respecting one anothers political difference
Trom, comparing Racist's to patriots isn't going to work in this scenario, there's a Racist in the White House, and he has a Racist (Miller) making policy which is locking up children and refusing asylum requests, Trom, no one has respect for Racists or Fascist or their enablers.

Your ability to not take anything in context, or to take everything out of context is a super power, it's amazing.
ursle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2019, 04:37 PM   #18
skater

Quote:
Mort I can respect that thank you for sharing that thought. if we could all try and be more thoughtful. what a wonderful world this could be.
Old December 4th, 2019, 05:47 PM   #19
skater

Quote:
You must be confused.... you want to take out Trump with a rigged impeachment party. You back dims, the people that want to disarm you at the very least... man, that's messed up. You should be scared of you "death machines", they gonna get ya!
con fused no. the impeachment is not rigged presidents are not kings. trump got caught. pure and simple. you must be the confused one you corrupt yourself supporting trump. and he keeps on burying himself. you put your faith in a mob with guns to keep tyranny in check. I trust congress who is tasked with the responsibility of keeping tryrants in check, and the courts to make sure that it is done fairly, both trump and congress can appeal any part of the process they feel is unfair. trump is pushing the limits congress has pushed back. the game is a foot. If trump has an exit plan I'm puzzled. if he was a bussiness he could declare bankruptcy, and he could tap out in this case that would be a moral bankruptcy. in any case he's plotted an unsustainable path.
Old December 4th, 2019, 08:53 PM   #20
rufusprime99
Ninja Naked Mole Rat

Quote:
Seriously? You wanna get picky about how the table is set? If the napkin is in the right place, and if the knife fork and spoon are set down in the right order?

You'd pick the side that stops saying F you to the other side while ignoring the things they stand for?

But to your point, you must have been Republican 2 years ago. Why? Because the Dems, the CryBully snowflakes were saying there way was the only way, and pretended the other side did not exist, while at the same time, republicans were saying, we are up for debate on the issues.

If you are telling the truth, you would have had to be Republican.

Now, that is happening a bit less. Yet, who is attacking a sitting President, without grounds, while all he wants to do is do his job?

All of Schiffs' witnesses are tainted. One had no first hand knowledge. He got his information from a newspaper. Another, Vindman, made false statements on what he heard. And yet again, Schiff has stated he has more "secret" information. He keeps trying to create a perception of guilt. I said it before, if they had real goods on Trump, it'd be slam bam see ya ma'am.

All these actions don't bother you to your core as an American?