S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Quad Roller Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quad Roller Skating Forum Discussions about quad roller skates and any other quad skating discussions that do not seem appropriate for one of our other forums.

Old October 5th, 2019, 02:00 AM   #1
netplaceus
David

Default Experiences: Weed /Pot in the rink? Work for you?

Ok so I live in california, weed is legal, it like everywhere now. Allot of skaters I know do vape pens, fast easy buz. I was never into it, never even considered trying it with skating, that's nuts!

Then I found out at least 75% the best skaters in the rink are avid pot smokers! A few are world class! How could this be? So when my new hot skater girlfriend broke out the "Girl Scout Cookies" in a vape pen what was I to say? I tried it.

OMG! It was like my best skate night ever and people noticed so it was not my imagination. You really FEEL the music and so much of rink skating is about learning to RELAX, gentle transfer of weight, etc.

It's like my feet are on autopilot, they know what they are doing, "I" am just along for the ride! I did more than I ever did. I was afraid the weed would make me do things I should not and I would fall, but that did not happen. For me it kinda put fear in a more realistic perspective. So much of skating is about mastering fear or at least keeping it in perspective.

What are your experiences, thoughts?
Old October 5th, 2019, 03:02 AM   #2
jackbkwikn
ALTAMURA

Default I tried it.

I did it for a few years when I was young.But I didn't inhale I promise
Old October 5th, 2019, 03:11 AM   #3
sk84luv
..., therefore, I skate.

Default Since 1989

Skating without weed is a loss indeed.
Old October 5th, 2019, 03:50 AM   #4
rufusprime99
Ninja Naked Mole Rat

I'm gonna go with no. For a stretch, I would always go to Fountain Valley with a strong rum and coke in a gatorade bottle. (they let folks bring a drink in on adult night. Though, they'd expect it to be water.) But that is when my joints were aching so bad. I never really got drunk. All the liquor did was take the edge off the pain.

The one time I was really inebriated was when I was getting a cold, took some medicine, and had a Pepsi. That got me looped. I had fun. But I sure did cut corners, pass too close or too fast a lot. My be careful internal voice got small, and my go for it voice got loud. Yeah, I really had fun. But that was just a good wipeout waiting to happen.

As for weed..... My sister has a vape. She forgot how to turn it on. I had her charge it, and I thought I remembered how to turn in on. So I did, took a puff, held it in my mouth, and let it out to make sure I did get a puff. Yep. There was the smoke. Ten minutes later, I felt so GOOD. A few months later, I WANTED a little high. Got the vape, inhaled, held it a couple seconds, and then coughed my *ss off. I felt NOTHING later, and irritated the cr*p out of my throat. I wasn't anxious to try the vape again after that.
Old October 5th, 2019, 04:45 AM   #5
fierocious1

I smoked a bit long ago. Got custody of my boys and dropped all of it cold turkey. All my works since then has drug testing so no smoking for me.
Old October 5th, 2019, 07:56 AM   #6
wyodinosaur

I wish they would legalise weed here (Wyoming). Colorado is legal and they make a tonne of money off of it.

I don't know about combining it with skating though. That sort of seems like an accident waiting to happen. But then, I'm open to the idea. If, and when, weed becomes legal in Wyoming, I'll maybe reconsider.
wyodinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2019, 02:16 PM   #7
ursle
Street Skater

As THC and CBD effect everyone differently this could be a multiple choice poll, no two people have the same effects.(Lyme disease is the same, different reactions with each person)

Why did Roofie(date rape) interject alcohol? He brought a butter knife to a gunfight.

Meaning, being Drunk with alcohol on skates is a danger to others, being under the influence of CBD or THC isn't dangerous and won't harm others.
ursle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2019, 06:43 AM   #8
netplaceus
David

Default Thanks for all your responses!

Yes, there are a lot of variables indeed. For one thing there are MANY marijuana strains, some would be horrible for skating. Girl Scout Cookies and OG Kush seem to be favorites.

To me though pot on any kind of regular basis is a bad idea, I like being sharp as possible. But I did learn something, and I think it will carry over.

Most skaters are not skating to the rhythm of the music or do so sporadically, I realized that those that are really stand out. Because of the Girl Scout Cookies
experience I try to do it all the time now.
Old October 6th, 2019, 07:22 AM   #9
Mort
Sk8 Ninja

Default 2 pennies

I prefer to not be on anything.

I've seen dangerous skaters on pot, and dangerous skaters from being drunk. Though the ones on pot who were dangerous were actual regular skaters I knew, the ones who were drunk were the one offs at a party when I visited Roller Jam USA. Both are equally a threat as safety goes when one does a poor job of correctly administering a dose and then skating above their capacity.

I dont typically like people who are "high". Got a few friends who self medicate with it(pot) that dose responsibly and correctly, no issues there though. However, the vast majority of people smoking are just trying to get WAY jacked up(high as fvck). Granted, they aren't trying to hurt anyone, but they dont have the same observational ability when high as they do sober, so their capacity for safety while skating hard is not there like it normally would be.

Edit:
The wife is allergic to that ish. She can't be around it at all.
Old October 6th, 2019, 03:46 PM   #10
ursle
Street Skater

Quote:
Originally Posted by netplaceus View Post
Ok so I live in california, weed is legal, it like everywhere now. Allot of skaters I know do vape pens, fast easy buz. I was never into it, never even considered trying it with skating, that's nuts!

Then I found out at least 75% the best skaters in the rink are avid pot smokers! A few are world class! How could this be? So when my new hot skater girlfriend broke out the "Girl Scout Cookies" in a vape pen what was I to say? I tried it.

OMG! It was like my best skate night ever and people noticed so it was not my imagination. You really FEEL the music and so much of rink skating is about learning to RELAX, gentle transfer of weight, etc.

It's like my feet are on autopilot, they know what they are doing, "I" am just along for the ride! I did more than I ever did. I was afraid the weed would make me do things I should not and I would fall, but that did not happen. For me it kinda put fear in a more realistic perspective. So much of skating is about mastering fear or at least keeping it in perspective.

What are your experiences, thoughts?
I insist on some inside info, I insist that I-we vicariously follow along.
so, you were asking advice about asking others to be a skating partner for mixed doubles skating at a predominately colored rink, now you have a "Hot Skater Girlfriend" fill us in.

No offense meant.
Old November 30th, 2019, 01:15 AM   #11
Boarddesign

Nah, I'm not baked while skating. I get it though was baked while surfing for years.

What really sparked my curiosity was, where are you skating in S.D.? Not the Santee rink right? I've been occasionally skating the "Skateworld" in Clairmont, I must not be going on the right days because I still haven't seen good skating.
Boarddesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2019, 12:45 PM   #12
fierocious1

It's hard enough skating with kids that can't skate very well, worse when people are grown up and bigger and cannot skate intentionally.

No drug testing at some people's work place?
Old December 4th, 2019, 12:46 PM   #13
fierocious1

Last edited by fierocious1; December 5th, 2019 at 01:40 AM.
fierocious1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2019, 11:43 PM   #14
ursle
Street Skater

Quote:
Originally Posted by fierocious1 View Post
It's hard enough skating with kids that can't skate very well, worse when people are grown up and bigger and cannot skate intentionally.

No drug testing at some people's work place?
I thought the KKK and NRA liked weed, and were financially involved, Rudy's two ukraine employers sure were financially involved.

Or, is it that rednecks(racist's) don't like weed, just pork rinds and beer and big phallic(phal·lic
/ˈfalik/
adjective
relating to or resembling a phallus or erect *****.
"a phallic symbol"
PSYCHOANALYSIS
of or denoting the genital phase of psychosexual development, especially in males.) guns.
Old December 5th, 2019, 01:44 AM   #15
fierocious1

Default So glad...

Republican women or so HOT!

[IMG]64504438_2320316908221717_402266495209439232_n by fierocious1, on Flickr[/IMG]

Never get tired of looking at them, even better if they are Southern Republican women... she needs to lose the flashlight though. Too much added weight..
Old December 5th, 2019, 02:51 PM   #16
ursle
Street Skater

Quote:
Republican women or so HOT!

Never get tired of looking at them, even better if they are Southern Republican women... she needs to lose the flashlight though. Too much added weight..
I guess she's southern, South American Freedom Fighter, you Trumptard, did you post another Terrorist woman fighter but in the wrong thread or is it just guns, and more guns for a racist like you?

Or are your multiple self induced skate injuries showing your scrambled brains, which never developed properly, obviously, it take a lobotomy to be racist.

Humans aren't born to be racist, they have to develop that particular strain of stupidity, hate and malfeasance.
Old December 5th, 2019, 03:54 PM   #17
Boarddesign

Wow, all Love and tolerance.
Boarddesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2019, 06:41 PM   #18
fierocious1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boarddesign View Post
Hate say but it hates America and all it stands for. Also very racist.Been tolerating it's bs for a few years now. So if you say too much it'll be nipping at your heels and following you around forever.... lol. Yip yip yip....
Old December 6th, 2019, 01:38 AM   #19
ursle
Street Skater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boarddesign View Post
When in a snake pit, mind the snakes.

Quote:
Hate say but it hates America and all it stands for. Also very racist.Been tolerating it's bs for a few years now. So if you say too much it'll be nipping at your heels and following you around forever.... lol. Yip yip yip....

That's a master class in gaslighting, a tried and true racist (a person who shows or feels discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, or who believes that a particular race is superior to another.) just flinging it up and hoping.

I admit, I can't stand stupid trying to spread stupid, sue me.
Old December 6th, 2019, 02:14 AM   #20
netplaceus
David

Default I don't get it..

How did this post turn into something to do with racism? I used to enjoy this site sometime back. But it seems like 98% of the replies come from the same 5 or 10 people , am I right? Not that I dislike them, I'm just saying.

As for weed, I have never found it to be a problem in the rink. First I thought it would be, like this is nuts. But when it comes to getting hurt, kids, inexperience and alcohol that are the biggest problems I think. That and crap people drop on the floor, poorly maintained skates that fall apart, and rinks that don't sweep even after a know problem.

Weed: People usually don't keep doing things that are making them fall, everyone is afraid of getting hurt, or you should be right?

Most people who smoke weed have been doing it for many years, they know how it affects their skate. Some people are actually better with weed!

I don't smoke it anymore there, but I tried it. It so insignificant compared to other problems, like nothing!