S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > General Interest Skating Forums > Main Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Skating Forum General discussions about all types of skating, including how to skate, places to skate, skating events, skating equipment, and any topic that does not fall under one of our other skating forums.

Old August 28th, 2019, 02:10 PM   #1901
rwsz

John welcome to the forum,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,enjoy and contribute when u can
Old August 29th, 2019, 08:54 PM   #1902
John Nicholas

Quote:
Originally Posted by emtdpf View Post
Morning John...

Glad you got to experience the Rollarama Rink.
If you and your family are looking for public lessons and what not..... Saturday mornings, beginner classes taught by a wonderful staff.

Of course I'm a little biased as this is my home rink, competition and teaching.
We have some of the best skaters in the Nation that take lessons here, including myself.

And... 1.5 hours isnt too bad.... I travel either 2 hours to get to Rollarama, or close to 3 hours to get to Taughton Ma......Its where the best rinks in New England are!

Hopefully see you on a Saturday!
Yes, Rollarama is a great place! We all loved it!

While we were there we talked to Brett (skate guard) and another young woman (sorry don't remember her name) but she was also a teacher and won quite a few medals recently. She was asking about my daughter's skates and mentioned she used 297s.

You are certainly dedicated traveling far distances to enjoy skating!! Taughton is almost 4 hours from us!

My wife grew up in Chelmsford and after we were married we lived in Framingham.... did the drive from there to Ossining, NY many times when we were dating! But it's a little much to drive for skating since we are still beginners!

Not sure, but we may be at Rollarama on Saturday afternoon... can't miss us, we are all tall! LOL If you spot us, please introduce yourself!!

Thank you so much for the warm welcome!
John Nicholas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2019, 08:56 PM   #1903
John Nicholas

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwsz View Post
John welcome to the forum,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,enjoy and contribute when u can
Hi Rick,

Thank you so much!!
Old August 30th, 2019, 02:57 PM   #1904
emtdpf

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Nicholas View Post
Yes, Rollarama is a great place! We all loved it!

While we were there we talked to Brett (skate guard) and another young woman (sorry don't remember her name) but she was also a teacher and won quite a few medals recently. She was asking about my daughter's skates and mentioned she used 297s.

You are certainly dedicated traveling far distances to enjoy skating!! Taughton is almost 4 hours from us!

My wife grew up in Chelmsford and after we were married we lived in Framingham.... did the drive from there to Ossining, NY many times when we were dating! But it's a little much to drive for skating since we are still beginners!

Not sure, but we may be at Rollarama on Saturday afternoon... can't miss us, we are all tall! LOL If you spot us, please introduce yourself!!

Thank you so much for the warm welcome!

Cute Blonde.... her name is Kayla. We are very good friends, and sometimes we even skate together......

I wont be coming back until Sept 7 as that is when classes restart.

But you cant miss me either, I'm the only male instructor there.....I'm usually just coming off of a lesson or practice with my skating partner....

If I do see you I will come over and introduce.
emtdpf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2019, 04:00 PM   #1905
John Nicholas

Quote:
Originally Posted by emtdpf View Post
Cute Blonde.... her name is Kayla. We are very good friends, and sometimes we even skate together......

I wont be coming back until Sept 7 as that is when classes restart.

But you cant miss me either, I'm the only male instructor there.....I'm usually just coming off of a lesson or practice with my skating partner....

If I do see you I will come over and introduce.
Yes, that is the young lady we talked with. She was very nice.

Sorry we will miss you tomorrow, but look forward to running into you one of these days!
Old September 2nd, 2019, 09:20 PM   #1906
Kennii

Hi, I'm Shana, or Kennii (my username) is fine too. I'm 22 and I live in London. I started skating on quads a couple of years ago on and off, but I've recently gotten more into skating. At the moment I have a pair of Rookie Classic II skates which have been alright to get me into skating but I'm looking to upgrade and learn more about skates. I usually only skate outdoors on smooth open surfaces like an empty basketball court. At the moment I'm working on learning transitions but I'm hoping to improve quickly and start learning harder skills on the future
Kennii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2019, 12:56 PM   #1907
Marsu

Hi. My (real) name is Julien. I have been inline skating for 20 years. I started when I was a student with some friends, we would practice occasionnaly just for fun. A few years later I joined the staff of the Friday Night Skate in Toulouse (France). I met a lot of great people and started skating more, several times a week. Beside the Friday night skate we would also play hockey, do some freestyle slalom and speed skating. I participated in my first races (3 times in the 24 hours of Le Mans) and became more interested in long distances. Then I moved to Brisbane (Australia) and could not really find people to skate with over there. I continued skating by myself once a week for the 8 years I was there. I came back in France in 2016 in the Paris area and quickly found a new group to skate with on a weekly basis. Unfortunately I live too far out to go regularly to the Paris Friday night skate. I have participated in a few marathons and 3 100+ km races/rides (namely Rhine on Skates, Trans'Oise and Rollathlon). I am relocating to Richmond, VA next month and hope to be able to continue skating and meet people to skate with. I have already heard about the Virginia Capital Trail which looks very nice! I hope to complete a full return trip on it some day.

I also intend to get new skates when I arrive in the US so any advice on (online) shops is appreciated.
Marsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2019, 11:12 AM   #1908
rwsz

Hi Shanna and Julien, welcome to the boards, enjoy, get informed and inform us too.
Old September 25th, 2019, 04:00 AM   #1909
PRFunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsu View Post
I also intend to get new skates when I arrive in the US so any advice on (online) shops is appreciated.
http://sk842.com/skateDealers.php
PRFunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2019, 08:31 PM   #1910
40yearslater

Marsu/Julien , if you are interested in inlines, this source has a good selection of different skate lines. Online or brick and mortar shops in Toronto, Vancouver B.C. and Seattle. https://shop-task.com/
40yearslater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2019, 08:12 PM   #1911
Analog Kid

My name is Bethany (28) I started skating three years ago after getting my own pair of quads. I skate rinks and trails around Tampa and occasionally join the local cib at SPoT. In the rink I can usually be found trying all manner of tricks in the center and occasionally doing the coffin, in the future I'm hoping to try some artistic skating. Anyone with tips on how to get started learning dance/freestyle feel free to drop me a message, or if you just want to have a skate day in Tampa.
Old September 29th, 2019, 10:55 AM   #1912
rwsz

Welcome to the forum Bethany, enjoy skating and your ambitions. freestyle is my favorite type of skating. contribute when u can and have fun