S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Quad Roller Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quad Roller Skating Forum Discussions about quad roller skates and any other quad skating discussions that do not seem appropriate for one of our other forums.

Old March 31st, 2011, 11:43 PM   #21
Kennedy
Go fast, turn left

Quote:
Originally Posted by sommemi View Post
OH! Just realized, you know this isn't a 'sanctioned USA roller sports' meet, right? It's ORGANIZED, yes... memebership cards... no.
No amateur card required. Sign the waiver, pay the money and skate.
Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2011, 11:56 PM   #22
niteridr95

Quote:
Originally Posted by sommemi View Post
I don't think North Canton participates... honestly, I think this might be the last meet of this particular season. I gotta double check... Maybe next season you could convince some of the rinks you skate at to participate? SOMEONE needs to clue them in. lol

Well, hopefully you can make it to Garrettsville. It's not too hard to find, just straight out 88 from Ravenna. But I understand it's a longer drive for you.

We've actually been having a lot of conversations about having some outdoor marathons/skates/races this summer. Probably mostly sudden last minute "Hey - race this weekend at such and such parking lot!" wherever we can get permission to set up some pilons and people show up in outdoor wheels. We already have some discussion going on about an outdoor race at the old Wal-Mart parking lot in Streetsboro and I am organizing a charity 'trail skate' in Portage county at the end of August.

We're gonna kick this skating thing into high gear here in OHIO!!!!!!
i skate at many many rinks... saturday is 80's night at springfield... thats a crazy night 2 times a year... i skate springfield every friday... i plan to go to the gsfe up there on a wednesday adult night but i havent had time and have been skating at family night at north canton... ill skate anywhere im just lazy and wont to be happy with what i can do before i start doing things like that....

that walmart closed what 3 years ago??? i use to work at NTB right next to home depot when they opened the new walmart... anything in that building or is it empty??? parking lot is probably in rough shape now???
Old March 31st, 2011, 11:57 PM   #23
sommemi
Evn my Redbloodcells roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEdMan View Post
Oh it's conveniently located for sure.
But based on its size I think it started life out as a drive-up Fotomat.
J/K - Please don't let my comments deter you from coming out, it's not really that small!!!
oh believe me, you won't deter ME!! It's the rink I speed skate out of. That's where my 'team' is. We practice every Monday and Friday night. Lots of skaters from back in the day have been slowly showing up at practice lately and it's nice to see some familiar faces from other rinks! (and yeah, from the outside, it looks like just an ice cream shoppe. lol But the family that runs it is really nice.)
sommemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2011, 11:59 PM   #24
sommemi

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteridr95 View Post
i skate at many many rinks... saturday is 80's night at springfield... thats a crazy night 2 times a year... i skate springfield every friday... i plan to go to the gsfe up there on a wednesday adult night but i havent had time and have been skating at family night at north canton... ill skate anywhere im just lazy and wont to be happy with what i can do before i start doing things like that....

that walmart closed what 3 years ago??? i use to work at NTB right next to home depot when they opened the new walmart... anything in that building or is it empty??? parking lot is probably in rough shape now???
my team-mate said the parking lot is still good. Nothing there. They have car shows/drive ins from time to time there in the parking lot. otherwise, the building's still empty from what I heard.
sommemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2011, 06:40 PM   #25
BigEdMan
Up-and-Coming Member

Ok so how many of us plan on attending this event at this point?
If attending, will you be participating or spectating?
+ How do identify each other as Loggers?

If there's still enough interest I can certainly see going out to spectate and meet some fellow Loggers.
Otherwise I'll just go out to the RollerHutt for a Wednesday night skate and say hi to sommemi & family.
(Yes - I'm practically ashamed. I have lived 20 minutes away from the RollerHutt for six years and have never been there.)
BigEdMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2011, 09:12 PM   #26
Kennedy
Go fast, turn left

I would like to go, still not 100% sure if I will make it. I will not be skating if I do go unless they need a ref or something.
Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2011, 10:17 PM   #27
7Skaters

Quote:
But we would all need to get little microwave lapel pins...
Or these...

Sorry...couldn't resist! Oh, and, sorry about the "glare"...plastic is as hard to photograph as glass...
7Skaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2011, 01:48 PM   #28
sommemi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Skaters View Post
Or these...

Sorry...couldn't resist! Oh, and, sorry about the "glare"...plastic is as hard to photograph as glass...
Okay that just needs to be multiplied a LOT and we all need them now. lol I wish I had one of those on last Saturday at the Cade in Akron!!! There were a bazillion people there and I KNOW some loggers were there...
Old April 28th, 2011, 03:52 PM   #29
BigEdMan
Up-and-Coming Member

Well quite honestly I'm appalled, completely and utterly appalled by this.
I was hoping for a 24 karat gold diamond encrusted microwave with SLF viewable through the door.
Was that too much to ask? Really was it?
J/K... LOL
I like it.

Here is a shipping label concept version.
True it's not as durable.
But there's no need for a hole in your shirt & almost anyone can simply print one up.
(Note this image only shows a small portion of the labels being printed per page)
Old April 28th, 2011, 04:45 PM   #30
7Skaters

See if I had the talent, I could have Photoshopped something like that. It's what I had intended, but PhotoShop doesn't like me. LOL I really need to play with that some more and figure it all out.
Old April 28th, 2011, 05:41 PM   #31
BigEdMan
Up-and-Coming Member

I did that in Microsoft Office Publisher 2007 in about three minutes.
I simply stole the microwave (virtually anyway) from Best Buy's website.
Then I just dropped in the text.
The design should cut-and-paste right into Microsoft Office Excel 2007 or Open Office Calc to be more widely usable.
I can post the file but I'm sure someone here can come up with something better.
Old April 28th, 2011, 05:56 PM   #32
7Skaters

Oh duh! I never thought of using Publisher. It's how I do manipulate most of my files with pics! *headdesk* The problem is I can nver get the wording to have the opaque background so it always looks funny....apparently I have to play around with that some more, too. LOL
Old April 28th, 2011, 07:01 PM   #33
BigEdMan
Up-and-Coming Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Skaters View Post
I can nver get the wording to have the opaque background so it always looks funny....
I simply placed the text over the image and change the font color from black to white.
Maybe we should start a topic in the main forum to see who can come up with the best design. Odds are we have at least one graphic designer here. And maybe all our **** designs can truly inspire them to greatness...

Just saying - praising my graphic design work would be like the blind following around the one person who could almost make out shapes if he squints. LOL
Old April 28th, 2011, 07:13 PM   #34
7Skaters

I tried that...came up with a entirely white block in the middle of the microwave. *scratches head* I don't have the full version of Publisher either, so that might be the issue.
Old April 28th, 2011, 07:20 PM   #35
sommemi

Quote:
Maybe we should start a topic in the main forum to see who can come up with the best design. Odds are we have at least one graphic designer here. And maybe all our **** designs can truly inspire them to greatness...
+1

Tags
meet, ohio, speed