S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Speed Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Speed Skating Forum Most of the discussions in this forum will be about inline speed skating but discussions about ice speed skating and quad roller speed skating are also welcome.

Old October 18th, 2017, 05:38 AM   #1
theDonnybrook
Just trying to keep up

Default Mota Inline Speed Skates

Wondering if anyone has any experience with them. They are pretty cheap for a full carbon set-up at $399. I want to move to 3x125, but can't afford a new Bont Z boot/frame/wheels. They make mostly quad skates with a focus on derby, so it seems odd they are offering a line of inline speed boots.
Old October 18th, 2017, 06:31 PM   #2
AZ Roadrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDonnybrook View Post
Wondering if anyone has any experience with them. They are pretty cheap for a full carbon set-up at $399. I want to move to 3x125, but can't afford a new Bont Z boot/frame/wheels. They make mostly quad skates with a focus on derby, so it seems odd they are offering a line of inline speed boots.

Julie and Doug Glass have been in the skate industry for decades and highly skilled inline skaters. I believe they did inline products before they got into the quad products.

I use the Mota 3x125 frame on my second boots (Simmons) set of skates and for the money you can't go wrong, actually the mota frame is as good $300 frames IMO.

The stock Mota boots look good, a friend has a pair. I'm not sure how they feel, he's strictly an outdoor skater.
Old October 20th, 2017, 03:46 PM   #3
MachV

Mota is Atom spelled backwards. Got it.

There's equipment for everybody, but not all equipment is for every BODY.
MachV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2017, 06:52 PM   #4
whiskey02

I have Mota's and absolutely love them, highly recommend them. Very comfortable, way more so than my old Bont Boss black widows. I say go for them.Nettracing carries them, great deal too.
whiskey02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2017, 12:40 AM   #5
whiskey02

I should add, their sizing runs quite small. I usually wear a size 9.5 street shoe, my Mota's are a perfect fit at size 11.
whiskey02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2017, 05:19 AM   #6
theDonnybrook
Just trying to keep up

I got a response back. Mota used to be the manufacturing partner for Luigino, and the companies parted ways in 2015. It seems Luigino's web presence has disappeared along with the Atom wheels website. Mota doesn't appear to be either Atom or Luigino. I am interested to hear more about their products. I have heard good things about their 125mm wheels. However, I may opt for the familiar as the new Bont Vaypor boot is really sharp. I think I can probably wait another season or two before moving up to 125s.
Old October 30th, 2017, 06:27 PM   #7
kufman

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDonnybrook View Post
I got a response back. Mota used to be the manufacturing partner for Luigino, and the companies parted ways in 2015. It seems Luigino's web presence has disappeared along with the Atom wheels website. Mota doesn't appear to be either Atom or Luigino. I am interested to hear more about their products. I have heard good things about their 125mm wheels. However, I may opt for the familiar as the new Bont Vaypor boot is really sharp. I think I can probably wait another season or two before moving up to 125s.
Doug Glass has started several companies over the years (Verducci, Luigino, Mota and probably a couple I have forgotten). The Glasses were in partnership with a couple other people for Luigino (Nistevo I believe was the real company name). I think the other people were Gypsy Lucas and Scott Bauer but I don't know for sure. I believe they are simply knows as Atom Skates now.

https://atomskates.com/
kufman is offline   Reply With Quote