S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Artistic Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Artistic Skating Forum Discussions about any topic related to artistic roller skating including quad artistic skating, inline figure skating, pairs, dance, synchronized skating, and show skating.

Old August 31st, 2007, 07:41 PM   #41
rwsz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeykey View Post
Hi!

I joined this site a while ago but haven't posted much....

I'm an ex-skater. My last year competing was 1996 I think. I competed in freestyle and figures. I did a little bit of pairs too (juvenile - freshman) but my focus was really the freestyle. I'm from Massachusetts; I skated out of the Warwick, RI and then the Milford, MA clubs.

Nice to meet you all. *waves*

and she had a great invert spin, the best on the east coast along with Patricia Houle. good people too, good to see you here again, dont be a stranger
Old August 31st, 2007, 07:48 PM   #42
Monkeykey

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwsz View Post
and she had a great invert spin, the best on the east coast along with Patricia Houle. good people too, good to see you here again, dont be a stranger

awwww shucks.
thanks! hopefully i'll be able to stop in more often.
Monkeykey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2007, 07:51 PM   #43
rwsz

Quote:
awwww shucks.
thanks! hopefully i'll be able to stop in more often.

it would be great having your comments and seeing you on the boards. i am sure you miss Ray do you ever talk to him??
Old August 31st, 2007, 07:54 PM   #44
Monkeykey

Quote:
it would be great having your comments and seeing you on the boards. i am sure you miss Ray do you ever talk to him??
No, I really haven't kept touch with anyone unfortunately. I saw him, Heath and Kyndra (Sontz) at my mom's funeral a couple years ago, and that's the last time I talked to anyone. Heath called me and was trying to set something up so we could all get together, but when I got back to him and left a message, he never called me back! LOL, its okay...sometimes life gets in the way, ya know?
Old August 31st, 2007, 08:06 PM   #45
rwsz

Quote:
No, I really haven't kept touch with anyone unfortunately. I saw him, Heath and Kyndra (Sontz) at my mom's funeral a couple years ago, and that's the last time I talked to anyone. Heath called me and was trying to set something up so we could all get together, but when I got back to him and left a message, he never called me back! LOL, its okay...sometimes life gets in the way, ya know?

Jess i know what you mean, Heath, what a skater and what a squeaky voice lol. what a nice skate it would be to get the sunday nite crew together again, too many spread all over the country though lol. John Lorette is in New York, Tara is in san diego area, lisa friday is in texas, Tim Pattern is in north carolina or one of those states lol. but of course we liked all the young single skaters, you , Sarah, Derick, Nikki, Audrey, John, Keven, Jenn, Robin, Josh, Tyler, Joey when he did singles, the wilson girls, wow, and so many more i cant think of right now, getting old you know lol. I am so happy that you are doing well, never know i might need your services one day lol.
Old August 31st, 2007, 08:10 PM   #46
Monkeykey

Quote:
Jess i know what you mean, Heath, what a skater and what a squeaky voice lol. what a nice skate it would be to get the sunday nite crew together again, too many spread all over the country though lol. John Lorette is in New York, Tara is in san diego area, lisa friday is in texas, Tim Pattern is in north carolina or one of those states lol. but of course we liked all the young single skaters, you , Sarah, Derick, Nikki, Audrey, John, Keven, Jenn, Robin, Josh, Tyler, Joey when he did singles, the wilson girls, wow, and so many more i cant think of right now, getting old you know lol. I am so happy that you are doing well, never know i might need your services one day lol.
LOL, well I certainly hope you don't need my services!!!

Yeah, that was such a fun crew. I remember being there the night Nikki suddenly did a clean double flip for the first time. She was in juvenile girls then I think, and it just came to her, and everyone was so excited, lol. That was fun....and playing outs with everyone.

anyway...i'm gonna get off this website and get some work done now! Nice talking to you!
Old August 31st, 2007, 08:18 PM   #47
rwsz

Quote:
LOL, well I certainly hope you don't need my services!!!

Yeah, that was such a fun crew. I remember being there the night Nikki suddenly did a clean double flip for the first time. She was in juvenile girls then I think, and it just came to her, and everyone was so excited, lol. That was fun....and playing outs with everyone.

anyway...i'm gonna get off this website and get some work done now! Nice talking to you!

i thought you were home from vacation lol,,,at work is even better, yes those were the fun days even for us parents. outs was fun watching everybody, Nikki skated so well at nationals when she won junior in 97. then didnt skate well in 98 at fresno in wc ladies and retired after that at like 18 i think lol.

have a great weekend.
Old September 1st, 2007, 02:39 AM   #48
roller_dudette
skate addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8terontherise View Post
HELLO my name is Juanita and I used to skate when I was younger, but my parents never let me compete, so I guess you could say that I never got to take my 1st test to advance to (at that time)JO. So now, its about 15 years later and I am BACK and ready to go. I'll be skating for the 2008 season and will be skating out of Seabrook, MD under coach Ronnie Fitzgerald.
Hey, lemme know how he is! I found out that Barbara quit teaching at our rink so no freestyle classes. So if I want to do freestyle at all, have to do private. Hes the man and probably the only one in this entire area it seems. But might not happen for a long while, broke lol.
roller_dudette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2007, 02:52 AM   #49
Sk8terontherise
DMV...DC, MD, and VA

Quote:
Originally Posted by roller_dudette View Post
Hey, lemme know how he is! I found out that Barbara quit teaching at our rink so no freestyle classes. So if I want to do freestyle at all, have to do private. Hes the man and probably the only one in this entire area it seems. But might not happen for a long while, broke lol.

Hey RD! I just got your thread and your PM. YES, I've been told he is one of the best coaches in the country{hence page 1 of this thread from Mary Lu}. So far I DONT HAVE ANY COMPLAINTS He's what I've been looking for. Matter of fact, he was the 1st person that I spoke with in regards to coming back to skating. I'm glad that I went back after talking with him a year ago. But when October gets here, we'll be there waiting for you! ok, take care and keep me posted of when you're coming back.
Old September 5th, 2007, 03:42 AM   #50
kzarah

Default Introduce Yourselves!

My name is Daniel. I grew up in Toledo Ohio. I competed in Roller Skating from 1965 through 1975. I skated Singles Pairs and Fours. Went to Nations in Fours. I had a couple different partners that did very well in singles. I don't know if you know any of these skates, Sharon Ingles(Hillsdale Michigan), Kim Drew (Monroe Michigan) I had a few coaches. Don Gates taught Kim and me. John Harris taught Shari and me. I used to ride to practices with the Fosgates and for years would play around pair skating Amy Fosgate for many years. I have been away from the sport for a many many years and just rediscovered artistic roller-skating on the internet. I was good friends with the Kerners and I learned that Janet Kerner, Amy Fosgate, and Sharon Ingles all won nations on the junior level. Kim Drew was second in the novice level. I think that Judy Kerner won juvenile dance. Triples were not the norm back then. I was a pretty good skater. I was a decent spinner and a consistent jumper. I had clean flip lutz, loop, salchow, toe wally and of course maps. I could hit a clean boechel and cheated double axel (triple salchow and mapes a couple of times. I had friends from other clubs. I was a good friend with Kevin Obrian from Akron rollercade. I loved skating I won a placed in many competitions. I was pretty good. I was second in Ohio behind a guy named Ron Sabo. Hi couch said I should have won. I skated clean and he had one miss. I remember the combination, axel loop, mapes, euler flip euler flip. He fell on the last flip. I came in second. I didnít care I was going to regionals. Anyway that is my story. My last name has changed but it was Medlen. I doubt that anyone could remember me but if you do. I would love to hear from you.
Daniel
PS
I have been watching videos on you tube. They seem limited. I saw a little bit about Paul and Tina Kneisley and Tim McGuire but they are just clips. Are there another sites where I could find more videos?
D

Last edited by kzarah; September 5th, 2007 at 05:03 AM.
kzarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2007, 10:22 PM   #51
bpskater

Hello Everyone,

My name is Tracey McMillan-Mulvaine and I am a former artistic skater. I skated competitively from 1983 through 1992 and represented both the Buena Park Rollertorium in Buena Park, CA and Skate Ranch in Santa Ana, CA. Sadly, both rinks are no longer in existence. I absolutely adored skating and stopped in 1992 only because my family and I moved out of state.

My first Gold Skate was way back in 1984 and my first time to compete in the Southwest Pacific Regional Championship was in 1985; Elementary Dance [back when only a team was eligible to compete] and Elementary Figures. My first two coaches were George McCann and Clara Robertson. They both were incredible coaches and I miss them both dearly.

I tried, albeit unsuccessful, to pass my Gold Medal Dance Test both in 1990 and 1991. I think I was up to Achievement Test 10 or 11 in Figures at the time I stopped skating. I'd love to get back into skating and train to take the Gold Medal Dance test again. Unfortunately, there are not too many rinks left in my local vicinity, although I am seriously considering getting back into skating and joining a club. Also, I have a 5 year old son whom I would love to see compete.

I just recently joined this site and I have thoroughly enjoyed reading the posts. It has brought back so many great memories!!

Tracey

Last edited by bpskater; September 6th, 2007 at 12:00 AM.
bpskater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2007, 07:17 AM   #52
Mom2Skaters

What is your interest in artistic skating?
My 9-year-old daughter competes in Artistic skating. She does figures and freestyle and is dying to do pairs. Candice Heiden is her coach. My oldest son and I just do session skating.

What country, state or province, and neightborhood are you from?
We are from Southern California

- Where do you usually skate?
Cal Skate Grand Terrace

- Do you only skate for fun or do compete? If you compete, what events have you participated in? If you don't compete, do you have any interest in doing so?
My daughter just finished her first year of competition. She competed in Figures and Freestyle in Primary A and Juvenile/Elementary B. At Regionals, she placed 5th in both Primary A Figures and Freestyle and placed 7th in Juv/Elem B Freestyle. My daughter will be doing Juvenile A and Juvenile/Elementary B this year in Figures and Freestyle. I threaten people that I will compete. But since they saw me fall on my butt just standing on the floor in my skates, they have no fear.

- What skates, frames, and wheels do you skate on?
I skate on Riedell boots, PowerDyne plates (I think ?) and Varsity wheels. My daughter has Riedell boots, Roll line driver plate (I think it's driver) and checkerboards Panther and Mustang wheels. My oldest son has black skates. I have no idea what kind they are.

- What else can you tell us about youself? What are your favorite hobbies and recreational activities outside of skating?
I am married with three kids. I am a part time college student. So, I am busy with all kinds of homework. I am studying for my degree in Creative Writing. Aside from skating, we all enjoy Disneyland and watching movies.
Artistic Skate Videos
[URL]www.youtube.com/ArtisticRollerSkatin[/URL]
Mom2Skaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2007, 12:53 PM   #53
rwsz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Skaters View Post
My 9-year-old daughter competes in Artistic skating. She does figures and freestyle and is dying to do pairs. Candice Heiden is her coach. My oldest son and I just do session skating.

Cal Skate Grand Terrace

- Do you only skate for fun or do compete? If you compete, what events have you participated in? If you don't compete, do you have any interest in doing so?
My daughter just finished her first year of competition. She competed in Figures and Freestyle in Primary A and Juvenile/Elementary B. At Regionals, she placed 5th in both Primary A Figures and Freestyle and placed 7th in Juv/Elem B Freestyle. My daughter will be doing Juvenile A and Juvenile/Elementary B this year in Figures and Freestyle. I threaten people that I will compete. But since they saw me fall on my butt just standing on the floor in my skates, they have no fear.

I skate on Riedell boots, PowerDyne plates (I think ?) and Varsity wheels. My daughter has Riedell boots, Roll line driver plate (I think it's driver) and checkerboards Panther and Mustang wheels. My oldest son has black skates. I have no idea what kind they are.

- What else can you tell us about youself? What are your favorite hobbies and recreational activities outside of skating?
I am married with three kids. I am a part time college student. So, I am busy with all kinds of homework. I am studying for my degree in Creative Writing. Aside from skating, we all enjoy Disneyland and watching movies.

Candice was a good skater in singles and pairs and should be good for your daughter, good luck to her and tell her most of all to have fun.
Old September 6th, 2007, 09:45 PM   #54
angoraknitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpskater View Post
Hello Everyone,

My name is Tracey McMillan-Mulvaine and I am a former artistic skater. I skated competitively from 1983 through 1992 and represented both the Buena Park Rollertorium in Buena Park, CA and Skate Ranch in Santa Ana, CA. Sadly, both rinks are no longer in existence. I absolutely adored skating and stopped in 1992 only because my family and I moved out of state.

My first Gold Skate was way back in 1984 and my first time to compete in the Southwest Pacific Regional Championship was in 1985; Elementary Dance [back when only a team was eligible to compete] and Elementary Figures. My first two coaches were George McCann and Clara Robertson. They both were incredible coaches and I miss them both dearly.

I tried, albeit unsuccessful, to pass my Gold Medal Dance Test both in 1990 and 1991. I think I was up to Achievement Test 10 or 11 in Figures at the time I stopped skating. I'd love to get back into skating and train to take the Gold Medal Dance test again. Unfortunately, there are not too many rinks left in my local vicinity, although I am seriously considering getting back into skating and joining a club. Also, I have a 5 year old son whom I would love to see compete.

I just recently joined this site and I have thoroughly enjoyed reading the posts. It has brought back so many great memories!!

Tracey

Tracey,

You're from my era! Welcome back! I think my first So Cal was at Beuna Park. I just did dance that time around (that would have been 1989). You wouldn't remember me, but do you recal Krista Visconti, Mark VanBibber, Jamie Togoba, all from San Diego...they were skating for several years before I started.

I hope to see you around on the board and maybe in skating someday soon!

Susanna (Wheeler)
angoraknitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2007, 11:40 PM   #55
skaterkevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by speeddevil View Post
Im tim from Vineland, NJ I have been artistic skating for a year and will be competing in a few events in s few months. I skate at youngs skating center and my coach is Kate Mitchner
Hello Tim--I am moving close to Vineland NJ. I do artistic and speed--Please let me know good places to skate and good coaches--nice to meet you! Kevin
skaterkevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2007, 05:19 AM   #56
Mom2Skaters

Quote:
Candice was a good skater in singles and pairs and should be good for your daughter, good luck to her and tell her most of all to have fun.

Thanks! Every now and then my daughter will ask Candice to do a triple. lol And on other special days we get to see Candice and Billy do a lift.
Artistic Skate Videos
[URL]www.youtube.com/ArtisticRollerSkatin[/URL]
Mom2Skaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2007, 12:40 PM   #57
rwsz

Quote:
Thanks! Every now and then my daughter will ask Candice to do a triple. lol And on other special days we get to see Candice and Billy do a lift.

oh Billy Crowder her pairs partner is there too cool, they were a good pairs team, billy use to do mens singles too. but he was better at pairs, wasnt bad at singles just had trouble with triples and 2 axel.
Old September 7th, 2007, 05:59 PM   #58
Monkeykey

Quote:

Cal Skate Grand Terrace

I skated against Candice! She beat me in Freshman Girls, and then I beat her in Junior Ladies. She was really good.
Old September 7th, 2007, 06:57 PM   #59
rwsz

Quote:
I skated against Candice! She beat me in Freshman Girls, and then I beat her in Junior Ladies. She was really good.

Jess i thought Candice was younger then you,,,wow,,,we are all getting old lol. have a great weekend.

Ciao
Old September 7th, 2007, 07:05 PM   #60
Monkeykey

Quote:
Jess i thought Candice was younger then you,,,wow,,,we are all getting old lol. have a great weekend.

Ciao
hmmmmmm....you know what...you made me re-think it, and i'm thinking of candice dalton, who was also from california.