S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Quad Roller Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quad Roller Skating Forum Discussions about quad roller skates and any other quad skating discussions that do not seem appropriate for one of our other forums.

Old September 13th, 2008, 04:47 PM   #1
cliff

Question Bones Super Elite: hardness =? f(color)

I'm planning to get some Bones Super Elite wheels, 103A. Are there any subtle differences in hardness or durability between the black, amber and white wheels? I want the hardest (and most durable).

I've had the plain Elite 101As for a couple of years -- and like them a lot. Only occasionally do they slip and slide on me. I thought the 103As might be fun -- force precise technique so as not to slide. And the 101As don't seem to have any flat spots after many vigorous sessions.

I'm weighing in at 215 pounds.

Thanks.
cliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2008, 03:08 AM   #2
rwsz

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliff View Post
I'm planning to get some Bones Super Elite wheels, 103A. Are there any subtle differences in hardness or durability between the black, amber and white wheels? I want the hardest (and most durable).

I've had the plain Elite 101As for a couple of years -- and like them a lot. Only occasionally do they slip and slide on me. I thought the 103As might be fun -- force precise technique so as not to slide. And the 101As don't seem to have any flat spots after many vigorous sessions.

I'm weighing in at 215 pounds.

Thanks.

the 103s are harder then the 101s and will slip more. the darker the color of the wheel the harder it is, the whiskey color is softer and the black and blues and red are the hardest because of the pigments added to color the wheels. good luck with them. elites roll a little smoother because of the hub.
Old September 14th, 2008, 03:48 AM   #3
cliff

Thanks, Rick. I was liking the black just for appearance. Now I can like them for hardness!
Old September 14th, 2008, 12:07 PM   #4
rwsz

Quote:
Thanks, Rick. I was liking the black just for appearance. Now I can like them for hardness!

Cliff i use 101 bones elites black and they do slip on floor that arent so tight but i like them.
Old September 14th, 2008, 12:37 PM   #5
cliff

Thanks again, Rick. The floor I'm mostly on now is very slow - tight - (just now learning some of the terminology). My old wheels, which are still in very good shape, are Elite 101A in white. They grip that floor very well. The planned purchase was for the Super Elite 103A in black. I guess I wanted to see what really hard wheels were like and get some extra excitement.
Old September 15th, 2008, 01:31 PM   #6
rwsz

Quote:
Thanks again, Rick. The floor I'm mostly on now is very slow - tight - (just now learning some of the terminology). My old wheels, which are still in very good shape, are Elite 101A in white. They grip that floor very well. The planned purchase was for the Super Elite 103A in black. I guess I wanted to see what really hard wheels were like and get some extra excitement.

in rolline wheels the leopards and the mustangs are quite hard and good for tight floors too.
Old September 15th, 2008, 06:28 PM   #7
cliff

Yeah, those Leopards look nice, and I read in another thread that they hold up very well. I do have the Roll Line Grease 95A, and they roll very well -- but I read they flat easily.

So I put the Bones Elite 101As on in their place while I'm still getting comfortable with the Energy Steel plate. Got forward well, but still a bit wobbly going backward -- and I was winning backward shuffle contests week after week on my old Sure Grip Classic plates. Once my backward becomes automatic on the Energy, I'll practice the real reason I got the plate -- turns and spins. But I want to do all this learning on wheels that won't flat.

Thanks a lot for the input -- and from one of the truly knowledgeable people in this forum.