S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Other Forums > Off-Topic Discussions
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic Discussions You can use this forum to talk about any non-skating topic you want.

Old August 11th, 2018, 11:00 PM   #1
ursle
Street Skater

Default A good Republican

“This one” is telling the truth and then quitting...to get medical help for alcoholism.

This Republican Party is destroying itself, I wonder what will be crawling out of the ashes and what it will be called. (Will it be in Russian?)

Republican Congressman Says Russia Helped Fan Flames of Racial Tension in Charlottesville
By DANIEL POLITI
AUG 11, 20183:42 PM

A Republican member of Congress who represents Charlottesville claimed Saturday that Russians played a key role in fanning the flames of racial divisions at the deadly Unite the Right rally last year. In an interview with CNN, Rep. Tom Garrett, said FBI officials told him about the role Russia played in the deadly clashes last year.

“I sat in a closed session briefing—probably two months ago—about Charlottesville, with the director of the FBI among others, and asked if Russian intermeddling had do with fomenting the flames of what happened in Charlottesville,” he said. “I was told, ‘Yes, it did.’ I was asked if this was classified, they said, ‘No, it is not’.”

It’s unclear why Garrett waited until the weekend marking the one-year anniversary of the deadly rally to reveal this information. But he used it as an example of how Russia seeks to sow divisions among Americans. “The Russian intermeddling is seeking to pit Americans against Americans, to undermine confidence in Western-style democracies,” Garrett told CNN. “They use events like this divisive racial fight, which really ignores the commonality that we as Americans have with one another regardless of our race or ethnicity or religion.”

BuzzFeed carried out an analysis of almost three million tweets from accounts tied to the “shadowy” Internet Research Agency based in St. Petersburg and found that Russian trolls went into overdrive in the aftermath of the violence in Charlottesville last year. “They were already busy before white supremacists gathered a year ago in Charlottesville, Virginia, for the Unite the Right rally,” notes BuzzFeed. “But after the event erupted into conflict, culminating in the death of counterprotester Heather Heyer on Aug. 12, the trolls fanned the flames, blaming the violence on Antifa and Black Lives Matter.” A few days later, the accounts went silent, presumably because Twitter banned them, although the company won’t confirm that.

Garrett, a first-term congressman, has said he won’t seek reelection amid numerous ethics investigations. Garrett said he wants to focus on getting treatment for alcoholism.

ursle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2018, 01:52 PM   #2
wired

fierocious1 and a buddy?

Old August 13th, 2018, 03:06 AM   #3
quantoo

Default rinse and repeat

your govts are more of a danger to the masses than any other threat.
trusting either side is foolish.
trusting facebook is even more foolish.
quantoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2018, 06:11 AM   #4
wired

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantoo View Post
your govts are more of a danger to the masses than any other threat.
HORSESH7T!

Obviously you don't know history. Without government and rule of law you end up with feudalism or warlords. Give that a try and get back to us on "danger"!

Quote:
trusting facebook is even more foolish.
Possibly the most coherent and accurate thought you have ever voiced in this forum!

Old August 19th, 2018, 01:09 PM   #5
quantoo

Default whos in govt now wired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wired View Post
HORSESH7T!

Obviously you don't know history. Without government and rule of law you end up with feudalism or warlords. Give that a try and get back to us on "danger"!

Possibly the most coherent and accurate thought you have ever voiced in this forum!

Go on tell everyone how much you trust Trump then.LOL
I was at a war memorial today. There was 4 ww1 cannons ,each pointed nth east ,west .south. yeah and guess what the centre piece was?
A SPIRE,you have those in important places 2 dont ya.
Know what they are and how they started?
Obvoiusly the history you learn is inaccurate and taught by the corrupt upper tier.so keep believing suckers!youll get marched right into war under the aggreement of 2 fighting country's with the sole aim of lowering population.it aint me i aint no millionaire son.
Ohh by the way the only other person i know of that knows about how that centre piece came about,keeps an eye on skatelog but isnt an active member.I say to that person hi , and don't let it beat ya.
yeah recent history is always being modified and re written for the sake of covering asses.but that spire is ancient history still controlling the now,funny how fools buy with their eyes isnt it?
Trump is your president and most likely the best one you've had in a long time, if you look at the economy.
And finally govt and rule of law you say?hillarious concept that wired.Law has to be pervieved as uniform and fair.but there is clearly two laws .1 for them and 1 for us.Goverrnment would be fine if they could survive on a level playing field.Im afraid you havent got the foresight to see that that concept is immpossible.
If all the criminals and law breakers were in jail you would have no parlaiment.You will need to find a whole new bunch of puppets to take the blame for the Shi7 decisions of the upper elite.
Ha ha most useless invention "
govt"
Old September 4th, 2018, 12:00 AM   #6
Dec8rSk8r

Quote:
Trump is your president and most likely the best one you've had in a long time, if you look at the economy.
Yes he is, and I predict he will be a two term President as well.
Dec8rSk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2018, 09:56 AM   #7
quantoo

Default im hoping he isnt a 2 termer myself ,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dec8rSk8r View Post
Yes he is, and I predict he will be a two term President as well.
ive had a half change of heart, i was always hoping for dwayne johnson to lead the republicans into 2020.the wound needs full exposing before it can be dressed and healed.
now if the real people in charge have dirt on the rock, then i cant see him giving it a go
the politicians have all had skeletons in the closet and cant be trusted with peoples lives.