S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Speed Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Speed Skating Forum Most of the discussions in this forum will be about inline speed skating but discussions about ice speed skating and quad roller speed skating are also welcome.

Old May 28th, 2018, 11:20 PM   #1
clintweston

Default EO carbon 3x125 thoughts

Hey everyone, was curious of peopleís thoughts on the 3x125 carbon frame that EO skates produces. Iíve skated a powerslide 3x125 frame a couple times and loved the speed of it, but am highly intrigued with the carbon frame idea for outdoors. This would strictly be for distance and marathons, not track or road racing (ODN, etc) Pros and Cons appreciated.

Cheers from Dallas,

Clint C
clintweston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2018, 12:43 AM   #2
chuckboucher
is skating again. WOOT!

I run a 12.8 EO Carbon outside and love it. I had to use a Simmons tool to push the arch up to clear the center wheel without the need for any spacers between the mounting block and the frame.

I acquired the 12.8 in a trade for a 13.2, which I thought was too long. I couldn’t underpush the way I do with the 12.8.

I’ve owned 3 EO Carbon frames, the two 3x125 and one 4x110 and in all three cases, I’ve had to mount them in a Forward row of mounting holes on the boots, due to the way they’re made. This is on both 165 and 195 mounts. My outdoor boots are an older 165 Simmons custom and my indoor boots are a newer 195 Simmons custom.

Their response outdoor has been fantastic. They seem to dampen road vibrations, even when using MPC and Atom XXF hardness wheels.
chuckboucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2018, 12:03 PM   #3
clintweston

Awesome info, thank you. Iíve been skating on a poweslide core 4x110 frame for a few years and took some time off. Iíve actually got a new CadoMotus 4x110 dualbox 5 that Ive never even skated. My Simmons boot is in Florida getting releathered and Iím wanting to skate more marathons as Iíve gotten older. Not to mention just finished up with back surgery....so thereís that. Thanks again for the info.

Clint C
Old May 30th, 2018, 01:13 PM   #4
chuckboucher
is skating again. WOOT!

If you've never skated a 125mm frame yet, expect some instability at first while getting used the increased deck height.

If your Simmons boot is a 165mm mount, that's better, since the front mounting block is right under the ball of your foot and allows better power transfer.
Old May 31st, 2018, 02:51 PM   #5
clintweston

Iíve skated the Powerslide Vi 3x125 frame outdoors a couple of times. They were definitely faster, but yes my ankles seemed weak as hell. It was difficult to double push in the beginning and seemed to wear my shins and ankles out faster than a 4x110. It made since with the deck height and being on a different platform. My curiousness wit the EO Carbon frame was the smoothness and efficiency in comparison to an aluminum frame. I know from cycling that when I upgraded to a carbon road and mtn bike it was much smoother, lighter and responsive than my previous aluminum bikes. That in return lead to faster times and longer rides. I know Iím splitting hairs as the weight isnít too different Iíd imagine, but if it helps Iíd like to try it.
Old May 31st, 2018, 05:23 PM   #6
chuckboucher
is skating again. WOOT!

Just an FYI, if you have a Facebook account, there is a group called "Inline Rewind" that has new and used equipment for sale. The last two EO frames that I acquired were used.

There is currently a set of 12.8" EO Carbons for sale by Taylor Asberry for $225, shipped. Taylor is a good guy and an incredibly fast skater.
Old May 31st, 2018, 07:03 PM   #7
clintweston

Bummer, no Facebook for me. I just started an Instagram account but steer clear of Facebook. Been social media free since 2010 and just dove back in for the IG. Thanks for all the help though.

And yes, I know of Taylor. My last year at IDN was 2013 as he was skating novice freshman boys for the Rolling Warriors.