S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > General Interest Skating Forums > Main Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Skating Forum General discussions about all types of skating, including how to skate, places to skate, skating events, skating equipment, and any topic that does not fall under one of our other skating forums.

Old May 2nd, 2007, 02:25 PM   #241
Landsknecht

Hi,
I am 46, married with a 7 year old boy. Skated as a kid on quad and on metal hook to your shoes skates! bought some Rollerblades in 1990 (still have them) when I lived in CA. Now live in Maryland. Never really used the blades here as the hills around where I lived scared me. Took my son to a school skating night fundraiser in Late january of this year. We all got hooked! We have been taking group lessons at the local rink (Wheels in Odenton). I recently bought a pair of Riedell Ravens. Changed the toe stops to Dance plugs and I am really liking these skates! Especially compared to the rentals. My wifes are on order and should be in next week! Looking into skates for my son, but his feet are still growing pretty quickly.
Powell Bones Elite 103A wheels
Landsknecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2007, 01:47 AM   #242
ZoeIzaSk8ter27

Default yooo.

my name is zoe. i like to skate. thats why i got new skates, and an account here. my brother is annoying. i like softball. i like any kind of ice cream.
i like summer. i just started speed skating. so holla foo.
ZoeIzaSk8ter27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2007, 05:51 PM   #243
angoraknitter

Default Making a come back...

Well sort of...not really, lol.

I'm Susanna. My husband is in the Army. When we arrived at Fort Irwin, I discovered they had a sports complex with a roller hockey rink, SHOCKING!

So I decided to buy the kids some skates. But my old preferences kicked in and I couldn't get them just "any" ol skates from the department store.

Just a month ago I discovered we have a rink (with a wood floor) just 90 miles away, and after getting the kids a couple lessons, I joined the club.

I skated under Midge out of Skateland of Santee, CA starting in 1987, when I was just 8 years old. I went to Regionals in Team Dance the following year (didn't place or anything)...and then progressed to a couple really good years in J.O.'s, but (again never placed at Regionals). I've skated under a few other coaches too, but by High School, it was time to hang it up, as my mom really couldn't afford it.

I have three kids, Peter (5), Charlotte (4), and Felicity (1)...so I'll skate as much as they will let me.

I skate because I like it, and because we can finally (almost) afford it.

Take Care,
Susanna
www.angoraknitter.etsy.com
www.dearhomefront.blogspot.com

P.S. I'm looking for a size 15 atlas figure plate and a pair of strong boots (either 6C harlick or 5.5 B SPTeri), PM me if you have something you're willing to part with, or know where I can get a smashing deal.
angoraknitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2007, 10:40 PM   #244
DonnaNV

Hi, I'm brand new here.

My name is Donna and I live in Incline Village, NV (on the north shore of lake tahoe).
I'm a quad skater, competed in CA from 72-82. Skated through my teen years at Roller Garden in Garden Grove, CA. Taught the beginner class in Gilroy CA for a few years before they closed and became Hobby world. Now I skate for fun and exercise.
I found this forum because I needed outdoor wheels.......
Northstar at Tahoe is having roller skating on their former ice rink for the summer. Starting Memorial weekend. On Tuesdays from 6-8 pm is retro night with a DJ. Outdoor skating on concrete. I didn't want to put my dance wheels through it. So this year I am prepared. I just got my wheels today. Off to the local skate board shop tonight to get them put on. Black sure-grip motions, w/swiss bearings, all for my 1977 Snyders. woo hoo !

All skate !
Donna Haney (Donna Norton back in the day)
DonnaNV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2007, 11:27 PM   #245
oldiesk8er

This seems to be one of the all time greatest threads with everybody queuing up to make a post.

Why then do so few of us put any info on our Public Profile? I'm curious about this.
oldiesk8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2007, 09:15 PM   #246
EPinline
My name^

Default introducing myself...

Whats up i'm Matt i'm from East Palestine OH i got CCM inlines. I like it here
Old May 21st, 2007, 11:11 PM   #247
gbo
once faster than a wocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoeIzaSk8ter27 View Post
my name is zoe. i like to skate. thats why i got new skates, and an account here. my brother is annoying. i like softball. i like any kind of ice cream.
i like summer. i just started speed skating. so holla foo.
Welcome to the forum. Sorry about the brother. Wish I could tell you that it'll get better. It really only gets worse. The boys just get bigger and louder.

(ok,ok, sometimes they get cuter)

For ice cream, I'm not picky, I like any kind of chocolate ice cream.

Skate on.
gbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2007, 02:24 PM   #248
dubd0c

hey this is josh. I've been skating for probably 10 years off an on. I've owned all sorts of inline skates over the years, but haven't skated in a year or two. I ended up getting a pair of k2 Motos this spring to go trail skating with my girlfriend. I however should have spent more money and gotten the radicals or at least the moto 90. Whatever though, maybe I can fit bigger wheels in them with a dremel.
dubd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2007, 09:03 PM   #249
97gstchick

Hello everyone!!! My name is Lori.
I just recently started getting back into skating. I used to skate in elementary school maybe even a bit in middle school but then the teen age years took over. Now I'm 26.

A few weeks ago my BF and I was at the park walking the mile track they had there and saw lots of people on inlines. So we decided to get our own. Granted we went to Walmart and bought cheap-o $20 dollar skates, but figured they would do the trick till we decide to drop the 100+ dollars on good skates. We have right now 2xs's. Anyone have any reviews on them? I can't find any.

We have been skating the track once a night for a few nights now (3). Like I said its a mile track, and due to being slightly out of shape and using those in front of shin muscles it's still a bit hard to do. But we're still working on it.. every night at about 8pm we go for a skate. And only do 1 mile so far . I want to build up my endurance to do at least 5.
97gstchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2007, 08:06 PM   #250
The Rake

Hi there, I am The Rake (like the band,) I have been skating almost a year and live in the UK.
The Rake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2007, 03:48 AM   #251
streetsk8r

I've been on the forum for a month and just looked at this thread for the first time.

I am 47 years old, married, one son, one bird, in South Florida. I have been skating for about 16 years on RBs on suburban streets. I grew up in the Adirondacks ice skating on an outside rink. Easy to see why I am in South Florida.

I skated for a several years with my son in a jogging stroller until he was too big. Since then I skated on not so busy streets or sidewalks for about an hour on Sunday mornings.

About a year a half ago I got new skates (RBs, Lighspeed frame, 90mms) increased my skating so now generally every Saturday and Sunday morning. I have worked up to 10-14 miles each skate and graduated to the bike lane on multi-laned streets.

I have skated in three half marathons and three 10K races. I enjoy racing against the clock without having to worry about stoplights and cars. I am frustrated with the lack of organized races and would love to see more options. Driving 4-8 hours round trip to race is a drag.

I love skating outdoors. Hot and humid makes for a great workout. I go early so it is not too hot or too many cars and it fairly quiet.

The forum has been interesting and informative.
streetsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2007, 07:16 PM   #252
amaceda

Default Hello

Introduce Yourself
Hello, my name is Alex. I started skating at about 9 years ago on ice. Started playing hockey shortly after that. 2 years later, moved to California and discovered, NO ICE. Got some in-line skates and started playing roller-hockey. Half-way through the season, and there were only 3 kids in the league, so it was shut down. I'd been skating very sporadically over the last 10 years or so, rink when I was a teen-ager, then I ended up alone, so stopped. Moved back to NY 4 years ago. I quite smoking recently and started skating again for exercise and I love it even more than I used to. I intend to skate the NYC marathon this coming September and I'll be training for that and I hope to start speed-skating after that.

Why Do You Skate?
It makes me feel free, and I love the sensation of flying that I get

Show Us a Picture of Yourself
See avatar

Show Us a Picture of Your Skates
no picture, but K2 Moto 90's

Show Us a Picture of Your Feet
umm.. no

Show Us a Picture of Your Underpants
ditto

Show Us a Picture of Your Skating Injuries
no skating, but if you ask, I'll show you some from mountain biking : )

Tell Us About Your Favorite Skating Trail
Prospect Park

Add Your Skating Events To Our Calendar
MYC Marathon
amaceda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2007, 07:12 PM   #253
ciararara

The name's Ciara, that's pronounced 'Kiera'.
Not Siarra.
Not Kiora.
Kiera.

I live in Hertfordshire, UK and am aged 20+3/4 (heh).
I'm a free-lance make-up artist (that sounds a lot posher than it actually is), although I'm training up to do special effects (mainly blood n gore) and prosthetics so feel free to send your skate wound photos my way for reference!

I started skating when I was about 6 but, thanks to a broken ankle aged 10ish, I was forced to hang them up indefinitely.
The biggest scar, from skating, that I have is on my knee. It's sort-of the same shape and size as half a ping-pong ball (??).I fell off something on to some gravel and haven't had any feeling in the skin in that area since.
Not too long ago I found the old skates and, weirdly, they still fit.
Couldn't resist having a wee go again and realised that I wouldn't be able to leave it again! Now I'm just trying to brush up on the basics with my scabby 12 year old pair before splashing out on something better.

That's about it, I guess!
ciararara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2007, 04:21 PM   #254
Roni geur

Smile Hello from Nashville

Hi my name is Julie, 38 yo, currently living in Nashville. I am a surgical nurse in the operating room at Vanderbilt. I am originally from Southern California...lived at Skate Depot in Cerritos, Ca. Later moved to Oregon to raise the kids. My oldest plays softball in Middle Tennesse and we decided to move here to watch her play since we love softball. Bummer at first for her but now its great.

So now I have come to a point in my life where I would like to take up a hobby and I believe I am gonna go back to skating. I recently found out that a rink is less than a mile away, tucked behind a small road. Cool huh.

I want to get back into skating for several reasons. However, I feel I am out of shape 30 pound overweight...in my opinion. So I have been working out and am in the process of buying new skates (another posting to come). Long term goal...get on a derby team.

OMG I feel like I have been rambling on and on. Well I am glad I have found this site and look forward into talking to all of you.

Roni geur
Roni geur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2007, 08:58 AM   #255
Containsnojuice

So I saw the "Challenge To Make Your First Post In This Forum" Sticky.
I've been lurking for a day or so, and decided I just had to register and introduce myself.

I'm LeeAnne, and I'm a wee one (Read: Still stuck in highschool)
Lets see here.. What else is intresting about me?

Currently, though I'm looking to change it, I skate with my mother's 25 year old Pacer quad skates.
I've used them and inherently abused them

I skate every week, twice a week, for five hours at a time at my local rink.
What I do is nothing special, but that's also something I'd like to change.
I never did have a sport before I fell into skating the year before last, and its great to look forward to the next oportunity I have to skate. Believe me, I count the days and later the hours.

I learned to skate on rental inline skates, and after (on my teenage budget) not being able to aford the 10 dollars twice weekly, decided to dig up mom's old skates and slash my admission price in half. Since I've been HOOKED.

It's great.

I live with my mom and my brother, my two pet rats, four cats and two fish.
If I could, I'd own a zoo.

So, thats me!
Containsnojuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2007, 11:31 AM   #256
JerWA
Pwn3d by teh React0r

This isn't my first post. Shame on me!

I'm Jeremy, currently in Washington state, and a recovering lazyaholic. I skated a bunch when I was a teen, and dabbled with speed skating. A month or so ago I went to a skate party (chaperon) and rediscovered my interest. I'm also horribly out of shape, and skating is a lot more fun than walking!

I skated primarily on quads before, so that's what I've been skating on now. I'm looking into buying a pair but money is tight. In the mean time, I've gotten my girlfriend addicted to skating as well, and started wondering if maybe I should give inlines a try. Maybe I'll rent some, and they'll be so awful I'll want to stick with quads hehe.
JerWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2007, 02:41 PM   #257
MysterD

Name: Derick
Date Of Birth: October 25, 1980
Current Age: 26
Started Artistic Skating Competitively: 1990
Last Event Skated: World Class Men's Singles, 2006 -- NorthEast Regionals.
Current Skating Status: On "hiatus" / retired.
(Standard) Nat'ls Placements: 2nd in Sophomore Men's Singles in 1997 and 2nd in Junior Men's Singles in 2001 -- oddly and funny enough, both of those Nat'ls placements were in Pensacola, FL...
Fav. Jump(s): Double Axel & Triple Salchow
Fav. Spin: Heel Camel
Hobbies: Playing computer games, watching TV, watching movies, listening to music, writing stories, writing poetry, etc etc.
MysterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2007, 08:15 PM   #258
onecatlord

Default Introduce Yourself

Hi there. My name is Jon. .

Hobbies : In Line Skating, Volleyball, Marathons,

Profession : I work in Production labor.
Favorite Car: Ford Pantera. Mine will be Jet black w/Deep Purple leather seats

Last edited by onecatlord; December 29th, 2013 at 06:30 PM. Reason: big brother
onecatlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2007, 10:47 AM   #259
perrins57

Default Newbie skater

My names Mark from Cardiff, Wales. Just turned 40 and took up skating at 39 and 11/12ths. I'm still convincing myself that I skate for fun and fitness and not as part of some impending mid-life crisis. My 12 year old daughter (Bethan) is learning as well.
I caused much amusement to my neighbours as I wobbled, drunk-Bamby-on-ice like, down our road, but now can skate (and more importantly stop) straight, even if attempts at cross-overs make me wobble. Decent skates on the way (K2 Moto X's) these will either help me improve further, or make me fall more often (if you feel some mild earth tremors, it's the latter).
perrins57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2007, 09:44 PM   #260
BladerPT

Smile HI!

Hi,

Im Ricardo from Portugal, im 15 years old and i skate for +/- 1 year. Im a little inexperienced yet, but i already do a few things.

Bye for now!!
BladerPT is offline   Reply With Quote