S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Quad Roller Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quad Roller Skating Forum Discussions about quad roller skates and any other quad skating discussions that do not seem appropriate for one of our other forums.

Old April 6th, 2009, 07:01 PM   #21
MRDUSTIN123
Hi! how are ya?

i agree with doc. most of this skating stuff that we all crave are becoming collectibles. just about every other collectible hobby has a price list (ie. Beckett for sports cards) so why cant skate equipment. 8 ball has a good idea and is looking for help to make it a great idea. he is not looking to set the prices himself, he is looking to the skate community to set the prices. nothing set in stone just an estimate of approximate value.
Old April 6th, 2009, 07:21 PM   #22
A-Town Sk8er
theultimateskatesupply

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRDUSTIN123 View Post
i agree with doc. most of this skating stuff that we all crave are becoming collectibles. just about every other collectible hobby has a price list (ie. Beckett for sports cards) so why cant skate equipment. 8 ball has a good idea and is looking for help to make it a great idea. he is not looking to set the prices himself, he is looking to the skate community to set the prices. nothing set in stone just an estimate of approximate value.
Do you realize that we are a VERY small percentage of the skating community? And how do you think setting prices for used skate stuff is a good idea? And how do you think that someone has enough authority to do so? Do you think it will benefit you when your buying? This is the most rediculous thing ive seen on here in along time. Im glad some of you think that 8-Ball and others can set price guides for the rest of the world on skate stuff.. I for one...no it will never happen.. and this thread was totally uncalled for...PERIOD.
A-Town Sk8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2009, 07:45 PM   #23
Doc Sk8
Yankee Catfish

Default You missed the point.

What I was trying to point out is....price lists represent what someone is willing to sell something for. How do we determine what's fair, equitable, or what ever, for the whole sk8ing community...We can't..... but each of us can determine what we are willing to sell something for...

Suppose I went on the Advertise forum and listed a bunch of stuff for sale... say some of my Fan Jets...

I have to list the price. If ya want it ya pay it. If ya don't ya don't. Now suppose I undercut another member by 20% and I sell all mine but the other member does not... who set the price?? The person buying...not the seller...

What 8-Ball suggests is similar to something called Auction Watch in my other evil habit.... People monitor auctions and sales then compile the data and publish it...

Believe me, the folks that publish the price lists /catalogs in my other hobby are a very small but knowledgeable minority that have done the research... Sound familiar??

Hey, there are lots of bargains on the Bay for my other hobby..... several world wide price lists NOT withstanding... It's still the customer that sets the price...

Price too high, don't buy. But remember, what may be too high for you may not be for someone else....

This pricing concept is the norm in most collectible fields, not the exception...

And I think it's an excellent idea..... so all you guys crying for this thread to end....ya might as well quit now and become useful contributors.... It will be to everyone's benefit...
Old April 6th, 2009, 08:16 PM   #24
A-Town Sk8er
theultimateskatesupply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Sk8 View Post

Hey, there are lots of bargains on the Bay for my other hobby..... several world wide price lists NOT withstanding... It's still the customer that sets the price...
So whats the point then? The customer is already setting the prices...

Quote:
Price too high, don't buy. But remember, what may be too high for you may not be for someone else....
This already excist also.......thus being the reason i dont own everything i want...

Quote:
And I think it's an excellent idea..... so all you guys crying for this thread to end....ya might as well quit now and become useful contributors.... It will be to everyone's benefit...
Tell me one way it will benefit me and everybody else? It may benefit me as a seller...but i cant see it benfiting anyone as a buyer. Looking forward to you proving me wrong Doc...as i cant remember when we didnt agree on something!
Old April 6th, 2009, 08:20 PM   #25
Gle8
I'm Contrary. Moo.

Do it like every other collectible market: post a high, low and median price for each condition. This info is easily accessed and is factual data based on recent sales.
Old April 6th, 2009, 08:27 PM   #26
Fresh Eddie Fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gle8 View Post
Do it like every other collectible market: post a high, low and median price for each condition. This info is easily accessed and is factual data based on recent sales.
.....................................Us ed.........Good.........Mint..........Sealed

Gle8.............................$150,000....$350,000...$725,000...$2,000,000+
Fresh Eddie Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2009, 08:51 PM   #27
Iggy
DGS Racing

Well....It could benefit the buyer also in the sense that if people would actually use this kind of a guide, then certain eBay sellers that price stuff like 1 1/2 to 2 times what everyone else does *cough* skating2fast *cough* might be forced to lower their prices.

But, on the other hand, sellers that might not know what their stuff is worth and would have listed an NOS sealed set of green Shamans for $100 thinking that would be a lot of money can now see this guide and see "Holy Mary mother of Jesus! You mean I can sell these things for $300+?!?!", and there goes the deals for the buyers. I think this might be the reason some people are calling for this thread to be closed.

And there would need to be details of each wheel also, like color, hardness, what vintage (i.e. older USA Cannibals vs newer Italian Cannibals), stuff like that.

I think my initial reaction to this was that wheels are worth what someone is willing to pay for them at that time, therefore hard to set a price on. A set of wheels that one skater might pay $50 or $60 for might be worth a few hundred to someone else. But the more I think about, I think about all the Kent Tekulve baseball cards I have. I don't remember them ever being worth that much in the Becketts, but I always bought them cause I liked his submarine ball pitching style I guess this price guide might be a good way to keep things fair as long as it is kept up to date. I know 8-Ball said to do this just for fun, but everyone knows somebody would quote this price guide when trying to sell a worn out, chunked, and coned set of red Wicked Lips for $350....
Old April 6th, 2009, 08:58 PM   #28
A-Town Sk8er
theultimateskatesupply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
I guess this price guide might be a good way to keep things fair as long as it is kept up to date.
Fair for whom? You actually think people are gonna go by this if infact they think what they have is worth more? I dont think so! But id sure love to see someone who has nothing better to do with there life sit down and type up every wheel/color, plate, boot known to man in a price guide...
Old April 6th, 2009, 09:08 PM   #29
Fresh Eddie Fresh

.....................................Us ed.........Good.........Mint..........Sealed

BATTELSHEP ANCRES.........$12............$32..........$68............$8 (includes old pair of art boots.)
Old April 6th, 2009, 09:13 PM   #30
The Rebel
Taking it back old school

Wow. I can just see it now. Soon they'll be a Kelly Blue Book for skating equipment. Why not do it all, boots, plates, bearings, and wheels?

Why include prices? For one thing, you'll never get everyone to agree on the prices in the first place. Too many opinons on here about what is good and what is crap. I, for one, am more interested in the facts and history of a piece of skating equipment. You would have to do a ton of research to get a baseline price average for every wheel out there. I would rather see the historic price of the equipment(what was paid for new), key attributes of the piece, pros and cons, and a rating on the performance and popularity. That alone would help people to decide if their closet treasures are worth a little more than they thought. Just my opinion.
Old April 6th, 2009, 09:19 PM   #31
A-Town Sk8er
theultimateskatesupply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Eddie Fresh View Post

BATTELSHEP ANCRES.........$12............$32..........$68............$8 (includes old pair of art boots.)

.................Used...........Good...........Mint...........Sealed

SUNLICE.......$0.50...........$1.25........$2.50...........$5.00 (Includes Sunlice removal shampoo and cream)
Old April 6th, 2009, 09:33 PM   #32
Iggy
DGS Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Town Sk8er View Post
Fair for whom? You actually think people are gonna go by this if infact they think what they have is worth more? I dont think so! But id sure love to see someone who has nothing better to do with there life sit down and type up every wheel/color, plate, boot known to man in a price guide...

You're always gonna have people that think their stuff is worth more than everyone else's. Be that cars, or baseball cards, or skating equipment. That's just the nature of the beast. That doesn't necessarily mean everyone is gonna jack their prices higher than what a guide would say. It might not eradicate the world of too-high-priced wheels, but it couldn't hurt. I say if someone wants to put the time and effort into it, then by all means have at it. Even Becketts and Kelly Blue Book started somewhere, right?
Old April 6th, 2009, 09:36 PM   #33
A-Town Sk8er
theultimateskatesupply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
I say if someone wants to put the time and effort into it, then by all means have at it. Even Becketts and Kelly Blue Book started somewhere, right?

Yeah and i never payed prices for baseball cards as they were listed in Beckett nor have i EVER used Kelly Blue Book... I use the "Black" Book!
Old April 6th, 2009, 09:51 PM   #34
dvw
Secretary of Skate

Default Aw gee, Wilbur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Sk8 View Post
I think we need a dummy's guide to what wheels are but I don't think prices should be a part of it unless it is a general range.
Dummy's guide and even some discussion of relative rarity (or not) would make a good sticky or FAQ item. And it could be expanded into boots, plates, etc. I can even see documenting prices from recent sales similar to, say, stock performance. 1-year and n-year ranges. High, low, and a median of all sales. It's a lot of work.

Documenting is one thing. Assigning price ranges is a horse of a different color and I don't think we, individually or collectively, should be deciding what that price is. That's for the buyer/seller to do.
Old April 6th, 2009, 09:54 PM   #35
Fresh Eddie Fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Town Sk8er View Post
.................Used...........Good...........Mint...........Sealed

SUNLICE.......$0.50...........$1.25........$2.50...........$5.00 (Includes Sunlice removal shampoo and cream)
What about the tiny comb? If you do not get rid of the Sunlice eggs, they will just come back and multiply!
Old April 7th, 2009, 12:12 AM   #36
8-Ball
CERTIFIED ANTI CRONIE!!!!

This is amusing reading all this..

Gle8 had it basically right...

High .. Low .. Medium.. price ranges... I kinda formed that table in the form of other price guides that I used in the my other collecting worlds..

I think also a Photo Documentation of how to IDENTIFY wheels... this is this is this.. look for this.. etc.. would go along ways to show folks how they can for themselves identify wheels. It helped me seeing differences.. since my skating history completly was cluess about Interceptor wheels.. they just wernt around my neck of the woods

Anyone can ask anything they want for their stuff.... higher. or lower. etc.. there is nothing shocking about this tally sheet.. since its basically being done on here daily.. folks bitching about what someone can ask.. and cant ask.

REMOVED>>>>part cause I am a DORK

With out help from others.. this thread will die quick enough.. but if folks are interested in doing it.. I willing to put it all together.... I have to die-gress to those with more info though.. so.. the Doc's and Rebecca's of the forum.. please help
8-Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2009, 12:34 AM   #37
A-Town Sk8er
theultimateskatesupply

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-Ball View Post
It also doenst shock me that the one person that crabs the MOST about REFUSING to pay over *SET* amount for any wheel... and calls us all dip **ts for doing it.. is crabbing the most about this thread....points down the hall to the next thread... enjoy IM JUST SAYIN!
Crazy and Dip$hit are two different words...for your information. And ive only used one when reffering to people who pay 200-400 for wheels...and its not Dip$hit.... Secondly...Ive never seen you pay 200-400 for a set of wheels... so dont say "us" because your not part of that club. Maybe you should spend more time collecting marbles...and less time trying to set prices on skate gear...

.........Points down the hall to the marble forum ---------------->

Im just sayin..........
Old April 7th, 2009, 12:51 AM   #38
8-Ball

REMOVED.. cause I am a DORK
Old April 7th, 2009, 12:59 AM   #39
8-Ball

The Reply is being typed as we speak...

Drum Roll....

Old April 7th, 2009, 01:01 AM   #40
A-Town Sk8er
theultimateskatesupply

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-Ball View Post
Maybe you should spend a lil more time looking for work.. vs.. CONSTANTLY verbally bashing folks around here as of late for daring to do anything that may not be in A TOWNS best interest.... You have been EXCEEDINLY cranky as of late..
Im only cranky when i think it is acceptable to be...Just because i disagree with this thread doesnt mean i disagree with you on every other thing you write. Im sure you dont agree with me...or anyone else for that matter...100% of the time.

Quote:
What burns me the most is your flash flood jerk mentality here.. and directing it toward me is rather interesting.. since I busted my ass to try and help you get your lips back... but of course.. you appear to be demonstrating the mentality ..:”what have you done for me lately”:
I appreciate everything you done for me. And i still dont have anything against you... we just seem to disagree on this topic. Which is understandable

Quote:
Your opinion of this thread is documented...ignored.. but documented.. IF the MASSES deem it worthy. it will grow.. or die.. I personally dont care... it was just an idea to help some of the new folks around here understand basic values of wheels and become a lil more educated.... GOD FORBID if MR A** Town disagrees.. or is it in YOUR best interest to keep the lambs clueless.. so your slaughters of grabbing their crap at bottom dollar prices.. easier?

How silly of me not to confer with you first..
This is why i reply to you the way i do...notice the name calling? I didnt call you any names when i was talking about your thread. Though i said this thread was pointless and rediculous... and thats just my opinion. Ive never got a steal on here anyways.... ebay is the cause of that. And unless you can reach out to people who are selling skates they know nothing about... and who arent even skaters... I just dont think this will work.

Still Friends?