S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Artistic Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Artistic Skating Forum Discussions about any topic related to artistic roller skating including quad artistic skating, inline figure skating, pairs, dance, synchronized skating, and show skating.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 21st, 2018, 05:23 AM   #1
larryoracing

Smile The OB Spin...upright??????

Would anybody like to demonstrate....Marks' Photo...lol!

Today, I guess was my first day on my journey to return to freestyle skating at the age of 63 years old.

Needless to say my pro and other people of privilege are totally 100% against the idea. Why would you want to jeopardize your whole skating career to pursue something that people 63 years old should not being doing?

Well, really aren't they correct? How many people do you know skating freestyle at age 63? There are probably one, but not many...lol! At the National level??????

So, I understand their standings, opinions and concerns...lol!
Not to mention there may be some insurance issues of someone of age jumping and spinning at the skating rink.

1) But today my friend helped me with the Endeavor. He said pull you left shoulder back. Do the RIF entrance, then swing into the outer back staying in the crouched position for the OB upright position/spin.

2) He said when I try to control the OB spin Upright with the Right side, I have a tendency to drop the right side and fall off the spin.

2A) When I control the OB Upright with the Left shoulder pulling back, I keep my shoulders level and keep the spin turning square.

Anybody have any feelings on how to control and operate a OB upright spin.

Just curious what others feel when performing the spin.

3) I do feel there is a lot of control with the right foot pressing the RIF edge, then rocking over to the ROB upright spin.

Sincerely

Larry O and may the "spin" be with you...lol!
larryoracing is offline   Reply With Quote