S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Roller Derby Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Roller Derby Forum Discussions about banked-track and flat-track roller derby events, teams, skaters, and training methods.

Old May 28th, 2014, 09:15 AM   #21
Daveho

id love to give them a go. ill pm you now
Daveho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2014, 09:39 PM   #22
Poobah

For those who aren't fans of white urethane, they now seem to be selling at least half-sets of black Day of the Dead wheels.

I don't know if they cost half the usual (DotD usually go for $70 a full set) or if they cost a bit more for half-sets.

I'm personally not a fan of pre-packaged half-sets of wheels. The companies that have started selling half-sets all seem to be using it as a means of hiding price increases... "You want how much for a wheel that ought to cost $60-70?" While I'm sure the initial drive to doing it was due to skate shops splitting their own sets up (and all the issues that begets), but I do think the manufacturers have turned it to their own advantage.
Poobah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2014, 09:44 PM   #23
RollerBones

not us, we cut the price directly in half and I was always opposed to it and fell prey to our sales Reps demands. I don't think with our Urethane there is a need for multiple hardness' on your skates, but some feel the need so we chose to cater to them.
RollerBones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2014, 08:28 AM   #24
Daveho

agreed^^ ive also noticed a disturbing trend in stockists keeping an odd number of 4 packs, obviously the pusher people are to blame!! but given the limited number of wheels ive bought ive run into a statistically unlikely amount of extended waits due to stock issues
Old May 31st, 2014, 06:32 PM   #25
Spuds McKenzie

I bought some Day of the Deads in preparation for bouting at a slick venue.... And left them on for a year. I didn't notice much difference in roll between my Turbos and DotD but tons more grip with the latter (Turbos are 92, DotD are 86 I think). Excellent wheel for the price. And sweet graphics (while they last).
Spuds McKenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2014, 10:07 PM   #26
Daveho

im guessing your a fairly light skater?
from what ive noticed of the bones line up is that, exactly as you report the softer urethane rolls very well however thats not the case once the skaters wight puts a bit more flex onto the wheel as a whole hence as we all know heavier skaters need harder wheels
Old June 9th, 2014, 05:45 PM   #27
Spuds McKenzie

I weigh about 68kg.

I put my Turbos on for a week and now I wanna put my DotD back on.
Spuds McKenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2014, 08:41 PM   #28
Daveho

hehe yep light weight however that being said if you havent broken them in yet then its not a good comparison but never fear ill take those no good turbos from ya seriously though some people use some rubbing alcohol to clean any residual mold release agents from the wheel i personally just skate out side for a few min
Old June 18th, 2014, 12:33 AM   #29
RollerBones

All of our wheels are commercial washed after they are poured. Just thought I'd let you know
RollerBones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2014, 09:25 PM   #30
Daveho

im getting back onto a set of rollerbones, im gonna try the 80a for my outdoor/vert skates, super excited