S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    


Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > General Interest Skating Forums > Main Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Skating Forum General discussions about all types of skating, including how to skate, places to skate, skating events, skating equipment, and any topic that does not fall under one of our other skating forums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 8th, 2009, 06:52 AM   #41
Nathan_
Senior Member
 
Nathan_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Appleton Wi, & Austin Tx.
Posts: 758
Default

Its Riedell primarily at the 4 rinks in town,
dont get me wrong, I have a pair that dont fit & my wife has a pair she loves.




Quote:
Originally Posted by MANY_SkatingDave View Post
Hi WI Nathan,
Easy Ones: Tilda, Dennis Lauer, eighteen psi,

Tad Harder: Mystic, Ms-7Skaters,

Nathan, It must be vanilla where you skate, yet not where I have skated.

Turn On:
Management and Employees that Care for Growth w/Skating
Growth of ALL Skaters in A "Come Back, Enjoy Menality"

Skate Guards that can Skate WELL!!

Turn On Specific Adults (Young or Mature):
An age/or multi age music mix that excites the skaters


OK Guys/Gals I am giving up for the night on SkateLog, yet it is exciting as I scroll down the contributors list that our long term buddy SkateVideoGuy has contributed. I didn't read his notes yet in the past I have known that is heart is good and I hope his notes hit good points.

Cheers and I hope you all are doing well this Summer

Yours in Skating, MA/NY Skating Dave
__________________
Check us out @ http://www.Derbysmack.com

Last edited by Nathan_; July 8th, 2009 at 08:33 AM.
Nathan_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2009, 11:12 AM   #42
Edward Williams
Still Learning...
 
Edward Williams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 3,796
Default

Turn off:

Floor Guards who don't understand that their first priority is to help people so they are telling people to get off the walls while an 8 year old, who has been told to skate near the center of the rink because they are a "slower skater", cannot get off the floor because all of the "faster skaters" are skating around the outside of the rink.

Turn On:

People who are really interested in helping the people who need help the most get the most help, without mistreating anyone, and who helps the 8 year old get through the "faster skaters" and off the skating rink floor.
Edward Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2009, 03:38 AM   #43
MANY_SkatingDave
Skating = Tear RIFF ic
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Massachusetts: N. Central & NE
Posts: 4,654
Default AH HA Tilda Gets The Prize...

Yes Tilda,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilda View Post
So Dave, I know your name is Massachusetts/New York Dave but I somehow read it as Many-Skating-Dave, i.e., Dave with extra legs all of them skating, or multiple personality Dave or something crazy like that. My bad I know. (ow my side hurts - hope I don't have a cracked rib from the weighty giggling buffoon who rammed into me the other day)
Yes MA stands for Massachusetts where I currently live and NY stands for New York were I previously lived for a long spell. I could also use PA yet I thought that would be too confusing.

Tilda you are the first person who has ever cracked this simple state postal code. Now in fairness others might also know yet they haven't mentioned it.

I have a guy Tony (23) that has copied all my skating moves and is just wondrous as a skating companion. He cracked a few ribs on one of his recent falls and is recovering OK so I hope you too are OK..

Yours in Skating, MA/NY Skating Dave
MANY_SkatingDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2009, 12:15 PM   #44
Ignatz
Brick House
 
Ignatz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 353
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANY_SkatingDave View Post
Yes Tilda,



I have a guy Tony (23) that has copied all my skating moves and is just wondrous as a skating companion. He cracked a few ribs on one of his recent falls and is recovering OK so I hope you too are OK..

Yours in Skating, MA/NY Skating Dave

No one tries to copy my moves lol. Thanks, Dave, I seem to be fine now.
Ignatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2009, 02:58 PM   #45
Skateguy
"Fear No Evil"
 
Skateguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Houston/Heights
Posts: 4,802
Default

Since I like to Skate as a way of escaping the day to day grind, Rinks don't work for me. I like to get as far away from rules and regulations as I can. So I do my Skating outside. It's almost like the difference in going to an open Beach, to swim, or going to a city pool. I hate people blowing whistles, and tellin me not to splash.--I need to splash from time to time.
__________________
"Skate Or Die"
Skateguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2009, 03:27 PM   #46
Ignatz
Brick House
 
Ignatz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 353
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skateguy View Post
Since I like to Skate as a way of escaping the day to day grind, Rinks don't work for me. I like to get as far away from rules and regulations as I can. So I do my Skating outside. It's almost like the difference in going to an open Beach, to swim, or going to a city pool. I hate people blowing whistles, and tellin me not to splash.--I need to splash from time to time.

So where do you skate to get away from all rules? Paved trails through parks, city sidewalks, open pasture, the rooftops of London, what?
Ignatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2009, 04:57 PM   #47
Skateguy
"Fear No Evil"
 
Skateguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Houston/Heights
Posts: 4,802
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilda View Post
So where do you skate to get away from all rules? Paved trails through parks, city sidewalks, open pasture, the rooftops of London, what?
We have been Street Skating in H-Town, since around 1979. Once we got the Laws changed in 91, We can Skate free, just about anywhere we want to go. Streets, sidewalks, or parks. We are welcome at most bars, and all outdoor events. So after having all this smooth open space to play with, it is hard to go to a little rink, and have some body tell me to slow down, or don't chew gum.
__________________
"Skate Or Die"
Skateguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2009, 05:09 PM   #48
Ignatz
Brick House
 
Ignatz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 353
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skateguy View Post
We have been Street Skating in H-Town, since around 1979. Once we got the Laws changed in 91, We can Skate free, just about anywhere we want to go. Streets, sidewalks, or parks. We are welcome at most bars, and all outdoor events. So after having all this smooth open space to play with, it is hard to go to a little rink, and have some body tell me to slow down, or don't chew gum.

That's pretty cool, Skateguy!
Ignatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2009, 06:52 PM   #49
Skateguy
"Fear No Evil"
 
Skateguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Houston/Heights
Posts: 4,802
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilda View Post
That's pretty cool, Skateguy!
Thanks--we also think so. Be well.
__________________
"Skate Or Die"
Skateguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2009, 07:44 PM   #50
Holiday Guy
Doing It Old School
 
Holiday Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,524
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skateguy View Post
Since I like to Skate as a way of escaping the day to day grind, Rinks don't work for me. I like to get as far away from rules and regulations as I can. So I do my Skating outside. It's almost like the difference in going to an open Beach, to swim, or going to a city pool. I hate people blowing whistles, and tellin me not to splash.--I need to splash from time to time.
You can't run away from rules and regulations even outside.
__________________
[LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL] [ JERSEY SHUFFLER][FRIEND OF THE DRAGON CREW]
Holiday Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2009, 08:08 PM   #51
Skateguy
"Fear No Evil"
 
Skateguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Houston/Heights
Posts: 4,802
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holiday Guy View Post
You can't run away from rules and regulations even outside.
That is true. But I don't have to submit to someones personal view on whether or not I chew gum while I Skate. Or what speed I choose to Skate. Or if I want to have a Cold beer as I Skate. I'm not looking for Anarchy. Just freedom from petty rules that were set up for people that need to be told how to behave. I leaned my Manners as a Youngster, and need no supervision.
__________________
"Skate Or Die"
Skateguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2009, 08:44 PM   #52
speedysktr
President of Everything
 
speedysktr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 6,026
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skateguy View Post
...and have some body tell me to slow down, or don't chew gum.
aw come on, you old douche bag;
if they tell you to slow down, it's because they're worried about YOU.
Ditto the gum; can you even chew gum and keep the beat?
seriously, can you?

Before you get all S H I T T Y with me and threaten
to beat my ass, remember this: BITE ME!
speedysktr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2009, 11:11 PM   #53
Inline?-LOL
Did you just fall???
 
Inline?-LOL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 559
Default

Turn on: Good Skate/Shuffle music

Turn off: Stuck up punk ass skaters
Inline?-LOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2009, 11:29 PM   #54
Skateguy
"Fear No Evil"
 
Skateguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Houston/Heights
Posts: 4,802
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedysktr View Post
aw come on, you old douche bag;
if they tell you to slow down, it's because they're worried about YOU.
Ditto the gum; can you even chew gum and keep the beat?
seriously, can you?

Before you get all S H I T T Y with me and threaten
to beat my ass, remember this: BITE ME!
Glad to see your still up to your old tricks---pokin fun at the seniors, and kickin sand on the Kindergarten kids. -Sanctuary, sanctuary--You tough guy you.
__________________
"Skate Or Die"
Skateguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2009, 11:43 PM   #55
speedysktr
President of Everything
 
speedysktr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 6,026
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skateguy View Post
Glad to see your still up to your old tricks---pokin fun at the seniors, and kickin sand on the Kindergarten kids. -Sanctuary, sanctuary--You tough guy you.
That's it! No soup for you FOR ONE YEAR!
speedysktr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2009, 12:39 AM   #56
Skateguy
"Fear No Evil"
 
Skateguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Houston/Heights
Posts: 4,802
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedysktr View Post
That's it! No soup for you FOR ONE YEAR!
Just don't hi-jack my walker.
__________________
"Skate Or Die"
Skateguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2009, 07:47 PM   #57
tinabee
Rollin' at my own pace
 
tinabee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 388
Default

Good music, not a lot of people on the rink, or at least a good area on the floor to skate in if there are, and the parents making sure the little kids stay out of the way of us grownups skating faster. That's what I like.

Biggest turn-off: Those teenagers who work the rental dept. when I go to use tools for adjusting my skates. I KNOW what size tools work on my plates, but they keep giving me allen wrenches and socket wrenches that are always the wrong size, because they think they know better than me. I love seeing the embarrassed looks on their faces when they realize they're in the wrong.

Clueless parents, teenagers who don't look where they are going, and that 50's-ish speed skater who has no regard for anyone. I still wish someone would clothesline him someday soon.

I don't like all of those goofy games, either, like Shoot the Duck, Crazy Trios, or Jailbreak. They just waste time, and they are DUMB.

Quote:
strobe lights
OH, Lord, please......don't EVEN get me started on that!!
__________________
- 122's, Snyder Advantage, Atom Strokers
- 122's, Snyder Imperial, Bones Swiss, Pink Shamans
Beware the Imperial *ss bite. It'll getcha every time.
tinabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2009, 09:14 PM   #58
retread
Senior Member
 
retread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 575
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinabee View Post
Biggest turn-off: Those teenagers who work the rental dept. when I go to use tools for adjusting my skates. I KNOW what size tools work on my plates, but they keep giving me allen wrenches and socket wrenches that are always the wrong size, because they think they know better than me. I love seeing the embarrassed looks on their faces when they realize they're in the wrong.

Um, the skate room folks might think the same about people who have nice skates but have to borrow rink tools to adjust them

J/K
Bob
retread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2009, 09:55 PM   #59
tinabee
Rollin' at my own pace
 
tinabee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 388
Default

I'm not leaving my good socket wrench in a bag next to my shoes where sticky fingers may be prone to permanently borrowing it.
__________________
- 122's, Snyder Advantage, Atom Strokers
- 122's, Snyder Imperial, Bones Swiss, Pink Shamans
Beware the Imperial *ss bite. It'll getcha every time.
tinabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2009, 12:35 AM   #60
Skateguy
"Fear No Evil"
 
Skateguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Houston/Heights
Posts: 4,802
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinabee View Post
Good music, not a lot of people on the rink, or at least a good area on the floor to skate in if there are, and the parents making sure the little kids stay out of the way of us grownups skating faster. That's what I like.

Biggest turn-off: Those teenagers who work the rental dept. when I go to use tools for adjusting my skates. I KNOW what size tools work on my plates, but they keep giving me allen wrenches and socket wrenches that are always the wrong size, because they think they know better than me. I love seeing the embarrassed looks on their faces when they realize they're in the wrong.

Clueless parents, teenagers who don't look where they are going, and that 50's-ish speed skater who has no regard for anyone. I still wish someone would clothesline him someday soon.

I don't like all of those goofy games, either, like Shoot the Duck, Crazy Trios, or Jailbreak. They just waste time, and they are DUMB.



OH, Lord, please......don't EVEN get me started on that!!
Sounds like your in need of a Rink of yer very own. Yeppers.
__________________
"Skate Or Die"
Skateguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.