S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Roller Dance and Session Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Roller Dance and Session Skating Forum Discussions about roller dancing, jamskating, rexing, rink session skating, dance circle skating, and similar types of recreational indoor and outdoor skate dancing .

Old March 30th, 2015, 12:09 AM   #1
MANY_SkatingDave
Skating = Tear RIFF ic

Default Jackson, MI

Hi ALL

Anyone here from Grass Lake or Jackson Township, Michigan

http://www.allskate.net/

They have a fun filled vacation week for the kids if you look at their schedule. Stuff I am familiar with from RSA and RollOnAmerica. I already called them for their floor rules.

Parents/Grandparents can not walk on the floor beside their kids, yet they do have SkateMates for 5$/2 hours. BTW I hate SkateMates. And they have a nice low pile rug in piles of places.

I would like to have my wife take her young granddaughter to this place and skate this week. My wife is terrified of skating, so it is a challenge.

I also checked on Stroller Skates. The parent with or without skates pushes the stroller with a baby in it, and the other child skates beside. I thought it would be a nice segway for my wife, the grandmother, to get her daughter to go back to skating with both of her children. Usually on Tuesday in some places.

Anyway, ANYONE older than let us say 40 or 50 skating this week with their Grandkids at AllSkate in Jackson, MI

Yours in Skating, MA/NY Skating Dave

Last edited by MANY_SkatingDave; March 30th, 2015 at 12:16 AM. Reason: Added one item
MANY_SkatingDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2015, 09:44 PM   #2
Presston

Wow, first time on the boards in years. Sorry, to not have seen this sooner, but the birth of my daughter (as well as moving from my hometown, work, ect.) has provided me plenty of distractions to keep me from skating. With my daughter now starting to walk, I've started to get the itch once again in anticipation for her first experience.

I am originally from the Jackson Michigan area. This is where I grew up, worked at, and eventually met my wife. This will be at the rink she first skates at. The owners of the facility run a tight but fun ship and do their best to provide a great experience.

I hope you had a good time there. If not let me know and the next time I am there I will give them any critical feedback, as they would expect that from me anyways.
Presston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2015, 03:07 AM   #3
MANY_SkatingDave
Skating = Tear RIFF ic

Default Thanks Presston

Hi Presston,

I kind of remembered that there was someone right around this area. East of Battle Creek, East of Marshall (The once planned State Capital)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Presston View Post
Wow, first time on the boards in years. Sorry, to not have seen this sooner, but the birth of my daughter (as well as moving from my hometown, work, ect.) has provided me plenty of distractions to keep me from skating. o - o I am originally from the Jackson Michigan area. This is where I grew up, o - o I hope you had a good time there. If not let me know and the next time I am there I will give them any critical feedback, as they would expect that from me anyways.
Well, not being with her The GrandMa, and grandgirl did not go to Jackson Skate place.

I texted them, sent e-mails of their exciting schedule like the pajama skate, and the other fun stuff. Yet No Dice they did not go. Bummer.
I guess I have to be there to make it happen.

Of Note is that the Grandma was out there due to a New Baby, like your situation, and she was quite quite busy helping the family in those mundane things, like cleaning and laundry. STILL Skating..

Old June 3rd, 2015, 07:17 PM   #4
MANY_SkatingDave
Skating = Tear RIFF ic

Default June 23, 2015 plus and minus

Hi Presston,
and any other Michigan skaters close to Jackson.
Heck even over in Ann Arbor.

Looks like I will be there by plane to help out our daughter for a few days while her husband comes to Mass to do S/Ware work/upgrades for his company. Maybe I will be allowed to take the grand daughter roller skating.

If not, I hope I can pick up at least Jackson and maybe one other if our stay is long enough.

Presston, and others I posted this early cause many like me, lately, are infrequent check in ers.

Hey a good song, maybe I will get it played tonight. 1st time in a long while to skating, and to pay for my 'Summer Blast Pass' T's 1980s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JCLY0Rlx6Q

Old June 12th, 2015, 09:23 PM   #5
diagetus

Quote:
If not, I hope I can pick up at least Jackson and maybe one other if our stay is long enough.
Hello MANY_SkatingDave. I figured you to be a collector of rinks as well. hehe. I certainly won't be there, but I do recall the wood was nice and the facility was kept in good condition. I also seem to remember a 'no backward skating' policy for general sessions - though you mentioned you read the rules of the rink already. (I know you're an accomplished skater, so you may be inclined to reverse.)

If you want to pick up one other rink, perhaps try Edru skate in Holt (Lansing Area) on their adult night. I think they hold them on Sunday. Wood was good, but then again Michigan rinks rarely have anything less than great surface. Or you could go for The D metro area and see the sliding style skaters over that way. You're in shooting range. Royal, Northland, Rollercade, Detroit Roller Wheels , Skate Station II - all a blast.

Enjoy your trip!
Old June 19th, 2015, 05:20 PM   #6
MANY_SkatingDave
Skating = Tear RIFF ic

Default The June Trip got Cancelled; Maybe August

Hi diagetus,

Thanks for the reply..

The June trip was cancelled due to a change in plans by the husband. AKA a Son in Law. Maybe I will go in early August with the grandma, yet still in the planning stages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diagetus View Post
Hello MANY_SkatingDave. I figured you to be a collector of rinks as well. hehe. I certainly won't be there, but I do recall the wood was nice and the facility was kept in good condition. I also seem to remember a 'no backward skating' policy for general sessions - though you mentioned you read the rules of the rink already. o - o
YES to the top. I actually called the place after reading the rules. Don't remember asking about backwards so thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diagetus View Post
Hello MANY_SkatingDave. o - o If you want to pick up one other rink, perhaps try Edru skate in Holt (Lansing Area) on their adult night. I think they hold them on Sunday. Wood was good, but then again Michigan rinks rarely have anything less than great surface. Or you could go for The D metro area and see the sliding style skaters over that way. You're in shooting range. Royal, Northland, Rollercade, Detroit Roller Wheels , Skate Station II - all a blast. Enjoy your trip!
Thanks I really want to do Jackson to see what it is like for my granddaugher, IF I can get them going, and then I would like to try 1 to 2 other places in Michigan.

Edit-01: The next place my S_i_Law wants to do his S/Ware Engineering is Philly. Whoppie I get to do the Philly Palace, Holiday Skate Center, maybe South New Jersey. Oh Well One skate place at a time, IF I get there.

Last edited by MANY_SkatingDave; June 19th, 2015 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Philly
MANY_SkatingDave is offline   Reply With Quote